Skip to main content
Topic: "Whip It, Whip It Good" - Who Is Your 2014 Whipping Boy ?? (Read 14308 times) previous topic - next topic

"Whip It, Whip It Good" - Who Is Your 2014 Whipping Boy ??

In honor of the passing yesterday of Devo founder and frontman Bob Casale, I looked at the lyrics to their biggest and best hit "Whip It" :

Now whip it
Into shape
Shape it up
Get straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to detect it
It's not too late
To whip it
Whip it good

It made me think of how all of us, my good self included, always have one or two "whipping boys" who regardless of what they do well onfield, you only see their negatives which are magnified X 100.

So, who is your whipping boy this year ?? Or has our list improved so much that we don't have any in your opinion.

For me, I'll always be harsh on Lucas & Casboult (and to a lesser extent Bootsma) until such time as they dramatically transform into the complete player everyone expects them too.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Whip It, Whip It Good" - Who Is Your 2014 Whipping Boy ??

Reply #1
I've had 2.. Stevens and Simmo...   Stevens deserved it, and early to mid last season I jumped aboard the Simmo train as he had his clear best year to date...

I dont really have any now... I was always a big Brock fan and lead the Brock charge in late 2012 early 2013. Most CSC seem to like him now anyway... 

I can pick a few that I suspect are going to cop it from CSC throughout 2014..

Rowe, Bootsma, Lucas, Casboult, Warnock, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Yarran, Jamo and Jeffy...

Reply #2
I am asking who YOUR whipping boy is, not who you think others will be looking at !!  ::)
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
Based on some backlash i've received recently, it appears that it will be Bell and Robinson.

Reply #4
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
How did Jamie miss that one?

Reply #7
Won't take long to see Kreuzer make his debut here and have a x3, or x7. Not from me though. I'll go Yarran and Garlett just because the ability and talent level is so high, and the expected output needs to match. They can both bring it on better than any other player in the league. Its time they deliver the correct attitude needed for most of every game. Do this and we are a threat for top 4. I don't name them because I don't like them, or don't rate them. In fact I do on the highest level. I just expect better attitudes from both, and don't want them to go missing during games, or failing to run back hard when the ball is turned over. This will leave them to be too one dimensional.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #8
Recruiting Managers are my whipping boys........Wayne Hughes gave me years of pleasure and pain, I'm hoping Shane Rodgers can be as entertaining ...well if he lasts that long.... ;)

Reply #9
Not from me though. I'll go Yarran and Garlett just because the ability and talent level is so high, the expected output needs to match.

You don't go number 1 pick in a draft if you haven't got a very high level of ability and talent... Kreuzer needs to step up.. There's no doubt about it.

Reply #10
Not from me though. I'll go Yarran and Garlett just because the ability and talent level is so high, the expected output needs to match.

You don't go number 1 pick in a draft if you haven't got a very high level of ability and talent... Kreuzer needs to step up.. There's no doubt about it.

Not saying he doesn't but his injury run has been as bad as any in our team, and I don't think he has been 100% since who knows when. You can't play guys who are just not up to scratch. We have others that are 100% fit at times and produce small spurts of brilliance. Then they go to sleep because they just can't be bothered and show negative body language to justify their lack of intensity. I judge by work rate first, and skills shown second. Where they are picked is not the fault of the player, but maybe a lack of judgement by recruiting staff. Don't like the guy, then trade him out. Simple as that.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #11
B. Gibbs  :P

Reply #12
Lucas and Bootsma, 2 1st round picks that need to show a bit more desire and intensity IMO.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #13
@ Sheik. Casales was the guitarist not the frontman, that role is held by Mark Mothersbaugh.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14
Eddie Betts >:D
IN WADA WE TRUST