Skip to main content
Topic: Steph to the dogs ? (Read 6754 times) previous topic - next topic

Steph to the dogs ?

From Aug 22nd....
http://www.girlsplayfooty.com/2016/08/lions-sign-emma-zielke-as-afl-explains.html
It's anticipated that Carlton will select Visy female footy ambassador Lauren Arnell, Collingwood will sign its female football operations manager Meg Hutchins, and the Western Bulldogs will lock in their current women's captain Stephanie Chiocci.

We have a couple of people on this site who might be able to confirm or deny this info.....

Re: Steph to the dogs ?

Reply #1
I hope Steph can play for us, but I can understand if she doesn't: she IS the captain of the Bulldogs and they did look after her when we couldn't. However, I still hope to see her in our colours.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
From Aug 22nd....
http://www.girlsplayfooty.com/2016/08/lions-sign-emma-zielke-as-afl-explains.html
We have a couple of people on this site who might be able to confirm or deny this info.....

We got permission to sign Lauren that week, as noted in the Welcome Lauren Arnell thread. 

It would be nice to get Stephanie Chiocci too, for both talent and sentimental reasons, but there's going to be competition.  I suspect the Bulldogs will be working hard to snap her up before the draft. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the news, even if it's not quite what I want to hear.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
From Aug 22nd....

Krud,

WB have signed Emma Kearney as their priority pick.
All other mentioned selections are confirmed. Only Demons left to nominate their priority pick.

Stephanie at this stage will go into the draft.
Draft day 12th October, 2016.

Draft pick order happening on the 29th September 2016 I think.

Reply #4
Krud,

All other mentioned selections are confirmed. Only Demons left to nominate their priority pick.

Thanks for that.  Fingers crossed!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Krud,

Demons can't nominate Steph can they. My understanding is the PPs are only for people within the club in same fashion already. Given Steph was at the dogs, its draft or nothing yeah.

Has she nominated yet? Will she nominate for any draft outside VIC?

Reply #6
We should start a "Get Steph to Carlton" campaign. Cant hurt to bombard the Club with emails, I've emailed the club. If she gets there, we could arrange for CSC to sponsor her. Whatayareckon?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
We should start a "Get Steph to Carlton" campaign. Cant hurt to bombard the Club with emails, I've emailed the club. If she gets there, we could arrange for CSC to sponsor her. Whatayareckon?

Would be great for everyone involved i reckon.

Reply #8
Would be great for everyone involved i reckon.
The term "dyed in the wool" is bandied around alot, I can't even begin to tell you how "dyed in the wool" Bluebaggers Stephs family are.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Demons can't nominate Steph can they. My understanding is the PPs are only for people within the club in same fashion already. Given Steph was at the dogs, its draft or nothing yeah.

Has she nominated yet? Will she nominate for any draft outside VIC?

Correct. Dees can't get her as a priority pick.
Interstate clubs could if she agrees to move.
Is nominating and for the Vic draft pool is my understanding.

Reply #12
I don't see how the AFL can have it both ways.

Either pay them enough money that they are obliged to go where they are picked, or they let them play for the team they love! At the moment they are asking them to obey the big boys rules yet paying them a pittance.

We saw last Saturday the level of footy is OK for a bunch of kids who get to play at that level one or twice a season. Give them proper training and serious competition with serious goals and they be fine to watch.

PS; Please Carlton, sign up Tayla Harris as a kicking coach!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
PS; Please Carlton, sign up Tayla Harris as a kicking coach!
I though she was a little off on Sat apart from a big bomb that went through. She does have a terrific kicking action though. Reminds me of Sav Rocca in full flight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th