Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 133353 times) previous topic - next topic

Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Another year same piss weak leaders going out with a whimper. When the side is sliding it's up to the leaders to control the game.

Murphy - Let Chaplin waltz through him, which lead to a goal. Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

Gibbs - Did he actually do anything positive? How many kicks did he completely stuff up?

Henderson - Every game he get's into position to mark and drops it. He is a terrible forward, pure and simple. When your one highlight for the night is a knock on to Menzel as a number one forward it's just poor.

Jameson - Is not a team player. He will worry only about his player and if he gets out of position, oh well, I'll still get picked next week.

Rowe - A battler at best, found a home at CHB and because of a stupid selection had to pushed all over the ground covering ruck, KP back because Jaksch was too light for Griffiths.

I was howled down for asking should we trade Murphy, Gibbs. I'm saying now we should!

We will go no where with those two cruisers leading this club. I thought last year they both turned the hardness corner but soft as butter.

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #1
We only appear to have one leader and he wears the number 5. The rest can go and get as far as I am concerned. Raydan, maybe we should have traded some players for youngsters that actually give a crap about working hard to win a game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

We have a list full of them, first they turn it over, then they sook it up, drop their heads and jog sulking after the opposition!

The ones I love the most, the guys who finger point when they lose a 50/50 like every time they have one. We shouldn't call it 50/50 at our club, we should call it a 0/100 turnover!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
We have a list full of them, first they turn it over, then they sook it up, drop their heads and jog sulking after the opposition!

Agree, but when you're a Captain you have to set an example. I suppose he has. ::)

Reply #4
By the length of the Flemington Straight. Our blokes (to a man) don't play for the coach or more importantly, the jumper.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Or each other.

I used to love playing team sports, going out there with mates, knowing that they had your back and you have theirs.

I'd like to play with White, Cripps ..... but I wouldn't give my back to any of the rest.

Reply #6
I'd like to play with White, Cripps ..... but I wouldn't give my back to any of the rest.

Actually White wasn't too bad tonight, he can probably sneak into our best, FMD in amongst our best! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
If hell froze over and Geelong, Syd or Haw put in a performance like that, after one qtr of tripe, Selwood, Jack and Hodge would have got them together before going to the huddle , read them the riot act and the tripe would have ended instantly. Our Captain would go to the huddle and get his hair done. They show no signs of wanting to better themselves or recognise poor effort.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Really we should have had the balls to trade away every one of those first picks, might have landed a good footballer with some nous, instead of those generational down hill skiers....
I'd trade Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuser, Henderson and Menzal and start again. But they wont, so we will have another decade in the wilderness.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #9
Thought Henderson was pretty good.

Does drop a few but his first half was good and FMD he does some hard running.

We'll be lucky to keep him if we keep going crap.

Murph and Gibbs were embarrassing.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #10
Another year same piss weak leaders going out with a whimper. When the side is sliding it's up to the leaders to control the game.

Murphy - Let Chaplin waltz through him, which lead to a goal. Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

Gibbs - Did he actually do anything positive? How many kicks did he completely stuff up?

Henderson - Every game he get's into position to mark and drops it. He is a terrible forward, pure and simple. When your one highlight for the night is a knock on to Menzel as a number one forward it's just poor.

Jameson - Is not a team player. He will worry only about his player and if he gets out of position, oh well, I'll still get picked next week.

Rowe - A battler at best, found a home at CHB and because of a stupid selection had to pushed all over the ground covering ruck, KP back because Jaksch was too light for Griffiths.

I was howled down for asking should we trade Murphy, Gibbs. I'm saying now we should!

We will go no where with those two cruisers leading this club. I thought last year they both turned the hardness corner but soft as butter.

Bottom line, we failed on the big stage witnessed by a national audience. Shame. Our club is dying...

I really feel for younger supporters of the CFC, sorry, but there was... really (believe it or not), a time when our club was strong and feared. But not now, our club is surviving only on reputation and as a moderate corporate entity which can provide some income to sponsors, and coaches.

We are no longer an on-field force, just a reputation.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
@Baggers

Hardly a reputation Baggers - more of a memory or piece of nostalgia for old blokes (like me).  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Give Hendo a 5.5 out of 10 so up against the other leaders a grand effort.

Too many prissy, pretty boys at Princes Park.

Any why are our lads ALL so slow over the ground?

MM a 1 out of 10. failed to do anything when Richmond woke up....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Our forwards didn't chase their defenders and they exposed that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Really we should have had the balls to trade away every one of those first picks, might have landed a good footballer with some nous, instead of those generational down hill skiers....
I'd trade Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuser, Henderson and Menzal and start again. But they wont, so we will have another decade in the wilderness.

Trade Menzel? Surely not.