Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61649 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #45
Just go home spent a lot time watching 2E a lot has changed the instinct is gone its now he is trying to play as if he understands but he doesnt and because of it he is lost.  2E is a big concern!!!

Menzal is going to be an amazing footballer, such a natural footballer.   

I now know why MM went after daisy so badly the guy is the energy he gets around encourages gets so excited when we kick a goal runs to players high 5 the works. Something we never had now we have him and buckley. Also show his maturity when it was needed. 

Just wondering was anything said on TV about our doctors and discussion with the AFL? ??

Reply #46
The bits and pieces I saw the 'Bolt played a role as a mobile big player around the ground... pity he can't finish off his good work up forward.  Did a lot of small things that I saw; might not have marked but made sure the other ruckman didn't, laid blocks, made spoils, put pressure on and prevented clean take away from the contest etc...  not everybody is a champion but if everybody puts in and contributes where they can, the results tend to go your way.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
The bits and pieces I saw the 'Bolt played a role as a mobile big player around the ground... pity he can't finish off his good work up forward.  Did a lot of small things that I saw; might not have marked but made sure the other ruckman didn't, laid blocks, made spoils, put pressure on and prevented clean take away from the contest etc...  not everybody is a champion but if everybody puts in and contributes where they can, the results tend to go your way.

My only criticism of Levi was he got pushed off the mark a bit to easily for a guy his size and its just smarts need to know contact is coming and plant his feet

Reply #48
Just go home spent a lot time watching 2E a lot has changed the instinct is gone its now he is trying to play as if he understands but he doesnt and because of it he is lost.  2E is a big concern!!!

Menzal is going to be an amazing footballer, such a natural footballer.   

I now know why MM went after daisy so badly the guy is the energy he gets around encourages gets so excited when we kick a goal runs to players high 5 the works. Something we never had now we have him and buckley. Also show his maturity when it was needed. 

Just wondering was anything said on TV about our doctors and discussion with the AFL? ??

Buckley should've done the jumper grabbing and pointing at the CFC logo moment when he kicked a goal, would've made my heart melt and our membership jump by at least oooooh, by 100,000. ;D

Would've been our Nicky Winmar moment.  :)
Aaaaahh if only ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #49
I though 206 was pretty good tonight, played a lone had against the best Ruckman to play the game (IMO) and Nic Nat the Freak.

I thought 206 was excellent.  If he wasn't up against Nat, he was against Cox.  The Bolt gave some respite but Warnock was the main man.  He actually has some second efforts these days too!

Reply #50
Yazz off injured.   What happened?

Reply #51
Still wondering where that came from. Ten minutes into the last we were GAWN.  Had stopped running, looked flat footed and very tired.

At least we're learning to win and, more importantly, to never give up.

Some horrendous turnovers by hand today (usually by foot). Daisy was very good, and Buckley - you bl00dy ripper!
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #52
Daisy was very good with his work rate, but his kicking is absolutely rubbish. He actually looks for a handball over a kick as often as possible. just no confidence in his boot at all. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are priceless. Best work rate of any player we have had for a long, long time.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
#UNITED
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #54
I thought we lost our way a bit when Yarran went off... not sure why they didn't sub off one of their ruckman, might have cost them the game in the end.

I can't think of too many games where the momentum changes half way through the last qtr... our first 10 mins of the last qtr were pretty ordinary.

Great to see a bit of character, great to see us get a bit of luck for a change.

Reply #55
Well, that's the sort of victory that sparks confidence within the group. Fantastic effort to snatch this game. In all honesty, this is the sort of situation where we would just "pack it in". But, all it takes is a single act or moment to give that "impetus". Well done Jeffy!

Now the leaders are putting it together - Murph, Gibbs and Simmo. And little Dylan Buckley is a fkn beauty!

Reply #56
Daisy was very good with his work rate, but his kicking is absolutely rubbish. He actually looks for a handball over a kick as often as possible. just no confidence in his boot at all. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are priceless. Best work rate of any player we have had for a long, long time.

His kicking was that bad I'm thinking he must be getting injections to play?

Reply #57
Wow.

I was getting angry at our so called fitness experts with 10 minutes.  Seriously I was having a crack about it to my Dad about 30 seconds before Garlett kicked his goal.  But they really looked shot.  Completely exhausted, much like the Port Adelaide game.

In one sense we should have put the Weagles away earlier in the game, but then they should have destroyed us in the first 10 minutes of the last.

If Buckley hasn't earned his spot in the top 22, then I'll be quite annoyed.  He's got the dash and bravery of Army, but I think his use is better and he has a spark that you can't teach. 

Murphy was extraordinary.  Two weeks ago I wanted him sacked as Captain.  In the last two weeks he's shown the grit and determination of a Captain.

Levi cannot kick, but I thought he was great around the ground.  He's agile in the ruck and can mark around the ground.  He can also lay a tackle.  His kicking will kill his career.  Someone needs to sort that out because like I said last week he's got more heart than overrated spuds like Vickery.

Warnock - was a total hack two weeks ago.  Has played his best two games in a Carlton jumper.  Didn't stop trying and probably beat Cox and Nick Nat in the ruck.  Some of his tap work was awesome.

Rowe... I don't rate him.  But he beat his man most times tonight.  And while I wish he condo learn more poise with the ball... if he keeps this up he'll turn me.

White killed an in form Darling.  When I saw them lined up on each other I thought we were stuffed, but Darling got his lowest Super Coach points for the year.  Couldn't get his hands on the ball.  Again, I've called him a hack for the last month... but you have to credit where it's due.

Daisy showed us why he might actually be worth the money.

Scotland was all experience and poise.

Gibbs was two parts brilliant, one part rubbish (some of his decision making let him down)

Walker still can't hit a target but his run and endeavour can't be faulted.

Garlett was amazing.  Just like the old Jeffy, but even better.  He played a full four quarters and I'm glad he started the ball rolling.

Lachie was good and while only kicked two, were structurally so much better with him up forward.  And Waite as well, who continued to present all night.

Tooeeey, and some nice moments, but I'm happy that MM tore him a new anus.  He's deserved it.

Jamo murdered Kennedy.

Menzel is all class.  I wish his motor was larger, because he pure silk.

Yazz is playing great football, but he always seems to get injured when he's showing some form.

Everitt was great.  McLean was a welcome return.  Robbo was... Robbo.  Did plenty of good stuff but made some stupid mistakes.

Lucas was OK.  Some good outside stuff but couldn't hold tackles when it counted.  He was much better last week.

Overall, the boys have definitely united.  Hopefully they grow further from this one and take it right up to the Scum next week.

Reply #58
206 carried on from where he left off against the eagles in the 2013 encounter.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #59
How was Jack, Darling?
Sh1thouse, honey!!

(White was very good today!)