Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 67981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #75
There are not many, but there are a few.

Hampson would be one.

Kreuzer would be another.

There seems to be a theme here.

So you are saying the 200cm guys "are not expected" to win that sort of forward marking contest?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Josh Gibson plays on guys 2ft taller all the time.

Josh Gibson is 10cm taller and 13kg heavier than Bennell!

Bennell was cut by Melbourne!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
So thats covered. Second reason why I think we can win was the dropping of Waite and Garlett. It was probably done with a view to this match. There's been a big change in both players and I think the team because of that. MM was knocked by a few on here for doing that but I don't see anyone questioning it now.

Losing to Melbourne was all part of the plan then.

All you have to do is take your blinkers off and look at the outcome. Not just in one individual players acts but the way the team has played since.

Waite seems to have responded a lot better than you have about him being dropped and that is what matters.

More of an unfortunate coincidence IOT.

Absolute boloney. We dominated disposals, contested disposals, uncontested, marks, bounces, inside 50s,, hit outs, 1%s, clearances, centre clearances and stoppage clearances. We lost marks inside 50 3-11 and just couldn't put it on the scoreboard. I agree with Garlett being dropped but dropping Waite was a foolish move. It's quite clear what the issue was. Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?

Reply #78
Looks like its going to be wet conditions Friday night.
Don't know if this would favour one team over the other.
Hope we don't do the typical thing and get carried away with ourselves just because we ve won two in a row.
We need to bring out A game, and continue to tackle tackle tackle.
No use risking Yazz, as don't want hi mto do a Juddy and do a hammy and miss weeks. A couple of options, subject to form in the 2nds of course, might be to bring in Docherty or Armfield for that extra bit of run off half back.

Reply #79
There are not many, but there are a few.

Hampson would be one.

Kreuzer would be another.

There seems to be a theme here.

So you are saying the 200cm guys "are not expected" to win that sort of forward marking contest?

No, just that our big guys regularly fail to take marks they should be taking.

Probably because they dont attack the contest hard enough which gives their spoiler the opportunity to do precisely that.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
A lot of fluff media about our boys...  We all know how this has ended in the past..

Hopefully they dont drink their own bath water this time.

Reply #81
Yeah, a big dose of reality might be awaiting us on the big stage on Friday night.
Have to make Mazwell accountable!!

Reply #82
No, just that our big guys regularly fail to take marks they should be taking.

Probably because they dont attack the contest hard enough which gives their spoiler the opportunity to do precisely that.

So they are expected to win that contest, and it is perfectly justifiable for us to expect Warnock to do so, any other player his size and weight as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83
So thats covered. Second reason why I think we can win was the dropping of Waite and Garlett. It was probably done with a view to this match. There's been a big change in both players and I think the team because of that. MM was knocked by a few on here for doing that but I don't see anyone questioning it now.

Losing to Melbourne was all part of the plan then.

More of an unfortunate coincidence IOT.

Absolute boloney. We dominated disposals, contested disposals, uncontested, marks, bounces, inside 50s,, hit outs, 1%s, clearances, centre clearances and stoppage clearances. We lost marks inside 50 3-11 and just couldn't put it on the scoreboard. I agree with Garlett being dropped but dropping Waite was a foolish move. It's quite clear what the issue was. Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?
All you have to do is take your blinkers off and look at the outcome. Not just in one individual players acts but the way the team has played since.

Waite seems to have responded a lot better than you have about him being dropped and that is what matters.

There you go.....I fixed it for you.

Waite vs Port: 2 goals 4 marks 3 tackles (inside 50s 43)

Waite vs Rich:  1.3 goal 7 marks 5 tackles (inside 50's 52)

Waite vs Scum: 0.1 4 marks 1 tackle (inside 50s 29)

Waite vs Doggies: 8 marks 2 tackles 3.2 (inside 50s 55)

Waite vs WCE: 10 marks 0 tackles 2.1 (inside 50s 53)

So in reality, the only game Waite played poorly was against the scum where we had an all time low 29 inside 50s, half as much as normal, so the opportunity clearly wasn't there. His stats since his return are not too dissimilar to prior to being dropped, perhaps a little better which would be attributed to the faster and more direct ball movement inside 50. The fact that we had ample inside 50s vs Melbourne suggest according to those stats that with the supply he would've had some influence in the game.

Stop clutching at straws mate and take your own goggles off, and at least do a little research prior to pointing the finger.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
Forgot that you're a myoptic stats man Carrots matey whereas I go by the final result of the game and the spirit in which we played.

Reply #85
Nah matey, I'm just providing something to back up my opinion. Waite's omission clearly cost us against Melbourne no matter what spin you put on it. That could really cost us come season's end. Difference being I can at least praise Malthouse when he does do well, yours (along with others') BS Malthouse can do no wrong claptrap is getting tiresome. I wouldn't stoop as low to suggest I'd like to block your posts though. As you were. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
Carrots you know when you provide stats that shows mistakes from the oh so great one, they are usually misleading or skewed...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #87
Well one thing is for sure - gotta keep the young guns in Buckley and Menzel in the senior team.

Sounds like Carrazzo and Ellard are right to come back but I'd have Carrazzo play 2's first. Needs the run.

Reply #88
Carrots you know when you provide stats that shows mistakes from the oh so great one, they are usually misleading or skewed...

Par for the course Shades.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!