Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 67976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #90
Carrots you know when you provide stats that shows mistakes from the oh so great one, they are usually misleading or skewed...

Par for the course Shades.

You sure you are not misrepresenting the stats?  :P

I'll leave that to the pro! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
Not quite.....Warnock was 1-on-1 with Bennell & Bennell managed to spoil, not outmark Warnock.....

Seriously, are you making an excuse for the 206cm x 105kg player being defeated in a forward marking one-on-one contest by a 179cm x 75kg player who has two bung knees?

Is there any player in the AFL of similar size to Warnock who you wouldn't expect to take the mark in that situation?

You know how many times Alan Ezard took a hanger over Harry Madden?

Reply #92
Key Match ups...

Rucks: Warnock and Levi  on Grundy and Witts.

Key Backs on Key Forwards: Jamo on Cloke, Rowe on White,  White on Goldsack,

Small Backs on Small forwards: Buckley on Blair,  2E on Elliot,

Mids: Murphy on Mcaffer,  Gibbs on Pendelbury, Brock on Swan, Simmo on Sidebottom, Daisy on Beams, Robbo on Ball

Forwards on Backs:  Waite on Keefe / Maxwell,  Hendo on Frost,  Yazz on Harry O,  Jeffy on Tooooovey,  Everitt on Langdon.

Scotto to mop up...

Looks like we should attack in most positions..  We dont seem to have a lot of good negators in this team, but our run will/could worry them.. If I were Mick, Id be hoping its a shoot out and use our run and attack as our biggest weapon. If we try to play slow and hold collingwood up, I reckon they will eventually get on top.

We look shorter down back and up forward than them, so if the ball hits the ground we are a show.

Hendo I would think should be able to get the better of Frosty. It will depend on who Maxwell goes to more, on who we should use more.. If he double teams Waite, I think Waite is in for a very hard night.. So Hendo could take full advantage of this..  Jeffy is in for a tough night if Toovey is on him.. Toovey doesnt get beaten often..
We know how often Betts gave Harry O nightmares, and for this reason I would put Yazz on him and make him accountable.

Our ruck division should really dominate theirs, so this too is a plus for us. 

Collingwoods advantage are their small forwards and goal scoring Mids...  2E and Buckley may have a big day set out for them with maybe Yazz to swap when needed..

Murphy and Gibbs need to hit the scoreboard as we know Swan and Pendelbury almost certainly will.

A good start would be Robbo to take out Sidebottom at the first bounce.. He always seems to be involved in so many scoring plays... 

Reply #93
Key Match ups...

Mids: Murphy on Mcaffer,  Gibbs on Pendelbury, Brock on Swan, Simmo on Sidebottom, Daisy on Beams, Robbo on Ball

Forwards on Backs:  Waite on Keefe / Maxwell,  Hendo on Frost,  Yazz on Harry O,  Jeffy on Tooooovey,  Everitt on Langdon.

Scotto to mop up...

Looks like we should attack in most positions..  We dont seem to have a lot of good negators in this team, but our run will/could worry them.. If I were Mick, Id be hoping its a shoot out and use our run and attack as our biggest weapon. If we try to play slow and hold collingwood up, I reckon they will eventually get on top.

We look shorter down back and up forward than them, so if the ball hits the ground we are a show.

Hendo I would think should be able to get the better of Frosty. It will depend on who Maxwell goes to more, on who we should use more.. If he double teams Waite, I think Waite is in for a very hard night.. So Hendo could take full advantage of this..  Jeffy is in for a tough night if Toovey is on him.. Toovey doesnt get beaten often..
We know how often Betts gave Harry O nightmares, and for this reason I would put Yazz on him and make him accountable.

Collingwoods advantage are their small forwards and goal scoring Mids...  2E and Buckley may have a big day set out for them with maybe Yazz to swap when needed..

Murphy and Gibbs need to hit the scoreboard as we know Swan and Pendelbury almost certainly will.

A good start would be Robbo to take out Sidebottom at the first bounce.. He always seems to be involved in so many scoring plays...

Touhy is too loose for Elliott IMO and I'm not real crazy about Brock on Swan either....

Reply #94
So thats covered. Second reason why I think we can win was the dropping of Waite and Garlett. It was probably done with a view to this match. There's been a big change in both players and I think the team because of that. MM was knocked by a few on here for doing that but I don't see anyone questioning it now.

Losing to Melbourne was all part of the plan then.

More of an unfortunate coincidence IOT.

Absolute boloney. We dominated disposals, contested disposals, uncontested, marks, bounces, inside 50s,, hit outs, 1%s, clearances, centre clearances and stoppage clearances. We lost marks inside 50 3-11 and just couldn't put it on the scoreboard. I agree with Garlett being dropped but dropping Waite was a foolish move. It's quite clear what the issue was. Let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story huh?
All you have to do is take your blinkers off and look at the outcome. Not just in one individual players acts but the way the team has played since.

Waite seems to have responded a lot better than you have about him being dropped and that is what matters.

There you go.....I fixed it for you.

Waite vs Port: 2 goals 4 marks 3 tackles (inside 50s 43)

Waite vs Rich:  1.3 goal 7 marks 5 tackles (inside 50's 52)

Waite vs Scum: 0.1 4 marks 1 tackle (inside 50s 29)

Waite vs Doggies: 8 marks 2 tackles 3.2 (inside 50s 55)

Waite vs WCE: 10 marks 0 tackles 2.1 (inside 50s 53)

So in reality, the only game Waite played poorly was against the scum where we had an all time low 29 inside 50s, half as much as normal, so the opportunity clearly wasn't there. His stats since his return are not too dissimilar to prior to being dropped, perhaps a little better which would be attributed to the faster and more direct ball movement inside 50. The fact that we had ample inside 50s vs Melbourne suggest according to those stats that with the supply he would've had some influence in the game.

Stop clutching at straws mate and take your own goggles off, and at least do a little research prior to pointing the finger.

Playing devils advocate, if Waite and Garlett did something else that we know nothing of to receive their marching orders, is dropping them an action that you would support?

Malthouse did it clearly knowing it would affect us, which tells me he had his reasons for doing it.

The fact that we dont know those reasons speaks for why it might have been the correct decision, and the way the team seems to have picked up the message since, seems to indicate that they have responded accordingly.

I cant really pick too many holes in both of their games, but comparing their work prior to, and after their dropping, both have worked up the ground more, both have worked harder during the course of the match, and both have hit the scoreboard more accordingly.

The whole team appears to have lifted their effort also.

In the scheme of things, one dropped 4 points in a season that is clearly shaping up to be nothing but middle of the road at best, it might just be the action required to turn the corner and start progressing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
We owned the WCE for much of the first half but looked shizen for most of the second.

Can't see us matching the Pies with a days less break on a bigger ground.

Hope we show something
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #96
Key Match ups...

Scotto to mop up...

Touhy is too loose for Elliott IMO and I'm not real crazy about Brock on Swan either....

OMG yes... I'm interested to see how SOJ does on someone like Blair who will run through the middle as well.

I would give Yarran the job on Elliott.. fingers crossed.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #97
Key Match ups...

Scotto to mop up...

OMG yes... I'm interested to see how SOJ does on someone like Blair who will run through the middle as well.

I would give Yarran the job on Elliott.. fingers crossed.

I wouldn't being making Buckley follow Blair when Blair goes into the midfield..   As far as 2E goes, who does he play on then? If he is not going to take the likes of a Blair or an Elliot, then whats his use?

Reply #98
In the Northern Blues...

#united #reset

Reply #100
In the Northern Blues...
So who comes in for him?  Docherty?

How did he play last week. Would be a good replacement in terms of Skill and may bring some accountability back there. If Yarran is fit to play then Cripps, Graham, Carrazzo, Ellard.... we dont want our midfield depleted do we ;-)

#united #reset

Reply #101
In the Northern Blues...
So who comes in for him?  Docherty?

How did he play last week. Would be a good replacement in terms of Skill and may bring some accountability back there. If Yarran is fit to play then Cripps, Graham, Carrazzo, Ellard.... we dont want our midfield depleted do we ;-)

No..... No we don't...

Reply #102

Heard Swan on the radio today he said he's the 2nd quickest at their club so there is no way you would put Brock on him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #103
Key Match ups...

Id go White on White
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #104
Brock to Beams is a must in my opinion from the start. 

Id also be sending Everitt to Harry O  and Lucas with Sidebottom. 

There small fwds at least one always get a hold of us we must put extra work into them. 

Id send Robbo to Maxwell annoy him and if Robbo keeps his eyes low like last week he will be a good lead up target.  He hit a couple of our lfwds beautfully last week.. lace out..