Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?) (Read 55908 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?)

Reply #30
Y'day's Saints performance was one of the worst I've seen by any team for years....it was truly appalling. Lose to that mob......*shudder* I don't wanna even think about it.
We will lose make no mistake.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
Y'day's Saints performance was one of the worst I've seen by any team for years....it was truly appalling. Lose to that mob......*shudder* I don't wanna even think about it.

are you going to put money on it?

Reply #32
Are they going to play a clearly unfit Bell?  Didn't do much but what he did was very good -  he had direct involvement in about 4 goals I reckon and is one mid who can really make things happen from stoppages.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33

Don't scare me with the truth. I'm not ready for that at the moment.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #34

Ive done ok this year punting against us, feels dirty but...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
I've always said you should tip with your head and not your heart. I have won 5 tipping contests on this basis and currently sit in second position in my latest. Just where I want to be at this stage of the season.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #36
I've always said you should tip with your head and not your heart. I have won 5 tipping contests on this basis and currently sit in second position in my latest. Just where I want to be at this stage of the season.
And who r u tipping this week saints or us?

Reply #37
I shall tip Carlton.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #38
I shall tip Carlton also.

We are a patchy side, we play in patches.
It's not good enough to beat Collingwood.
It should be good enough to beat St Kilda...they were awful on the weekend

The only danger is we take a "We've just got to turn up" attitude into the game.

Reply #39
Try This For Size:

Buckley    Jamison    O'Dougherty
White     Waite    Yarran
Simpson    Gibbs    Thomas
Armfield    Henderson    Menzel
Cripps    Casboult    Everitt

Warnock
McLean
Murphy

Inter:   Graham, Walker, Robinson, Touy

Out:  Rowe, Bell, Garlett, Lucas, Scotland
In:    Waite, Yarran, Armfield, Cripps, Graham

Who the hell is O'Dougherty??? My god, it's not even remotely close to Docherty. Who the hell is Touy? You are a Carlton supporter right?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #40
Chris O'Dougherty.... Lacrosse player ....international recruit?

Reply #41

i will!!!

Reply #42
Try This For Size:

Warnock
McLean
Murphy

Who the hell is O'Dougherty??? My god, it's not even remotely close to Docherty. Who the hell is Touy? You are a Carlton supporter right?

:))

Bit harsh Brettie though the O'Dougherty is a pissa. That's Australia for you when it comes to name pronunciation as well. I have a relatively easy Greek surname to pronounce but do you think anyone gets it right? Well they do if they actually take the time to look at the name properly but that's all too much for most.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Are they going to play a clearly unfit Bell?  Didn't do much but what he did was very good -  he had direct involvement in about 4 goals I reckon and is one mid who can really make things happen from stoppages.

Here I have to disagree, if Bell is on the park he needs to be working hard breaking packs at stoppages and smashing opponents, he did very little of that at the weekend. There are a heap of guys who have better pace and outside skills than Bell.

When blokes like Simpson, Gibbs and Murphy get stuck working on the inside and blokes like Bell and McLean are on the outside the world has turned upside down.

At the weekend Bell looked like a guy who didn't want to risk re-injuring himself!

I take what the coach or the MC say with a grain of salt, Bell wasn't ready, he was weeks away from being ready!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Try This For Size:

Warnock
McLean
Murphy

If Thomas is injured, leave him out, otherwise play him.
Give Lucas his Northern Blues gold pass.
Scotland needs to make way for youth.
We recruited, Everitt, Thomas and Dougherty, let's see what they can do.
Bell needs to fix his hand up, stupid inclusion this week!!
Armfield to show Jeffy what is means to be an agressive forward.
Let Waite run from half back and follow Rewiolt, don't have Sam Rowe within 10kms of Etihad.
Give Graham and Cripps game time and back the fact that they will rise to the occasion like Buckley.
While Judd is out, we need to give the young mid fielders some decent game time.
If Carrazzo is available, consider putting him in and giving Touy a rest in the twos.

Just do not understand the Rowe hate, is he the new Hampson? What I want is guys who have a crack, Rowe has some pace and he had a crack. Sure he got beaten a couple of times by Cloke, who won't? PS; On a couple of them Rowe should have got frees and on another Cloke was delivered the ball wrapped in a bow by the umpires.

I think you cannot have too many blokes like Graham and Cripps at Etihad, it is a very fast surface so you need pace. It is also a hard surface so blokes who are fitness questionable like Carrazzo and Waite are almost automatic exclusions. If you do add kids like Cripps or Graham you must retain the likes of a Scotland or McLean for some experience and balance.
The Force Awakens!