Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications (Read 35671 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications

Reply #75
That's the way with the 'modern' game plan. Defense is secondary.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think that despite some efforts last week, he has the runs on the board.

I'd be dropping Yazz before Everitt.

I would have dropped Everitt to make a point...like Yarran he picks and chooses when to go and last week he pulled out
of contests and let the team down....if he was playing with Hawthorn he would have been told by the leadership group it wasnt good enough IMO..
 A senior player like Jordan Lewis would have been in his ear and told him what was expected...this is what we have to see our leaders deliver
and not just rely on the coaching staff to get players to perform. Its one all in and Everitt needs to go when its his turn, no one expects him to be a bash and crash player but
when its your turn to take a hit for the team thats what you do....
Everitt has this idea because his skills are better than most on the list he can bludge his way through games and be excused the hard work..ditto for Yarran..

Reply #76
crap guys.

Saw a stat on BF that we are 1600 games v 3200 games.

11 guys with less than 50 games v 3.

Can't play every kid,  it would be a slaughter that would do nothing for development, the fans or our future. It's also Murphs 200th game.

I'm sure JK will play shortly as will some others, but we are down to a skeleton crew of experience so they have to play.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #77
crap guys.

Saw a stat on BF that we are 1600 games v 3200 games.

11 guys with less than 50 games v 3.

Can't play every kid,  it would be a slaughter that would do nothing for development, the fans or our future. It's also Murphs 200th game.

I'm sure JK will play shortly as will some others, but we are down to a skeleton crew of experience so they have to play.

Yes, there must be a fine line between giving young blokes experience against the better teams and scarring them for life.

We're pretty close to our best available team but I would have Wood, Jaksch and Fields in for Jones, Tutt and Boekhorst.  I am prepared to concede that Fields needs a break and it would be too much to play him against the Hawks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #78
Surely Carrazzo is taking the p!ss with yet ANOTHER injury.......head-shaking stuff. Stick a fork in him, he's cooked.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #79
Yes, there must be a fine line between giving young blokes experience against the better teams and scarring them for life.

We're pretty close to our best available team but I would have Wood, Jaksch and Fields in for Jones, Tutt and Boekhorst.  I am prepared to concede that Fields needs a break and it would be too much to play him against the Hawks.

Reckon JK is around the corner.
Tutts been Ok.
jones  is here whether we like it or not.
BB showed some good form in the VFL.

Anyway, just think people are being unrealistic with the how many personnel changes are possible given the state of the list and injuries.

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago we'd be getting games into Walsh, Fields, Holman, graham (if he wasn't injured) .

I'm pretty happy with what's going on.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #80
Reckon JK is around the corner.
Tutts been Ok.
jones  is here whether we like it or not.
BB showed some good form in the VFL.

Anyway, just think people are being unrealistic with the how many personnel changes are possible given the state of the list and injuries.

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago we'd be getting games into Walsh, Fields, Holman, graham (if he wasn't injured) .

I'm pretty happy with what's going on.

Me too!

I'm just not 100% convinced about some of the marginal selection decisions.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
I think you're seeing something that's not there.

I don't rate your ability to judge a coach either just quietly.

Nothing quiet about it, you shout it loudly every chance you get... still haven't gotten over the Ratts criticisms eh? There is very effective therapy for the harbouring such bitterness... not good for the soul you know  ;) :-*

It wasn't a judgement of the coach, it was a call re him not being aware of what the website was arguing re a case for Jaksch. And that Jaksch wasn't going to get a look in this week as his form wasn't quite there. Didn't watch the segment?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #82
Nothing quiet about it, you shout it loudly every chance you get... still haven't gotten over the Ratts criticisms eh? There is very effective therapy for the harbouring such bitterness... not good for the soul you know  ;) :-*

It wasn't a judgement of the coach, it was a call re him not being aware of what the website was arguing re a case for Jaksch. And that Jaksch wasn't going to get a look in this week as his form wasn't quite there. Didn't watch the segment?

Classic overreaction from Micks last supporter. ;D

Baggers  ;Dmaking a mountain out of a mole hill.

It was barely a blip but somehow it's the return of Lord Maltymort! ;D

Reply #83
That's the way with the 'modern' game plan. Defense is secondary.

Be careful what you wish for.

Man you are a shight talker extraordinaire at times. The highlight of our more attacking game plan when we beat Port and challenged other sides was our hard chasing and tackling, defence was far from secondary, but sometimes you just can't help yourself. That tackling intensity has dropped off from some players, Everitt being one of the major players to drop off with some insipid efforts in the last two weeks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
I think that despite some efforts last week, he has the runs on the board.

I'd be dropping Yazz before Everitt.

Agreed. Prior to the last couple of weeks he was one of the positives for the season.

Yarran has been average all year and has completely gone off the boil since Barker came in and dropped him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #85
It's true, Yarran too has lost the plot, poor management from Barker that seems to have backfired on him. Still, you simply cannot forgive ducking out of marking contests, especially from a bloke that is six foot plus. That is a complete no-no and has been for 150+ years. Barker is weak for keeping him (Everitt) in.

He is starting to lose me a little is Barker, just ever so slightly.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
Tackle pressure seems to be the mantra of the game atm for sure. Ours seems to have eased of a bit in the last couple of games from what I have seen after a pretty keen start under JB.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #87
It's true, Yarran too has lost the plot, poor management from Barker that seems to have backfired on him. Still, you simply cannot forgive ducking out of marking contests, especially from a bloke that is six foot plus. That is a complete no-no and has been for 150+ years. Barker is weak for keeping him (Everitt) in.

If the president exerts his influence we will have a different coach irrespective of the process. 

More than the one agenda behind decision too.  

Reply #88

...and that's exactly why (and that other thing) we got rid of Garlett. Serial head ducker. Worst part about that was, it only crept into his game later in his career. Was never there when he was a 60ish kg rookie!  :o

Reply #89
Agreed. Prior to the last couple of weeks he was one of the positives for the season.

Yarran has been average all year and has completely gone off the boil since Barker came in and dropped him.

He's been completely off the boil since the Chapman incident...that was pre Barker.
Whether that's because he felt a lack of support from some team-mates or not, who can say for sure.
But there may be some internal issues contributing to his attitude.