Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond (Read 17665 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Practice Match NBs vs Richmond

Reply #15
Blues start 2nd half with 2 goals

1 to Jaksch

1 to Wood

Reply #16
Gorringe is Flying

It seems Jaksch has worked well in to the game. 

Gallucci now has 2 also. 

Blues lead by 61

DISPOSALS: Byrne 20, Dick 17, Ballard 15, Viojo-Rainbow 15, Russell 15

GOALS: Jones 3, Gorringe 3, Casley 2, Silvagni 2, Gallucci 2, Tutt, Gowers, Jaksch, Kerbatieh, Wood

Reply #17
exciting stuff even though its a practice game to see those vying for selection playing well.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #18
Young SOS in amongst it with a brace!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Young SOS in amongst it with a brace!

For an awful moment I thought you meant that he was wearing a brace  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Good to see Gorringe playing well and kicking goals and there is a real opening in the seniors at CHF.........Byrne I would have played in the main game tonight...

Reply #21
Are tiges playing their proper VFL team?

Reply #22
Full time. Won by 9 goals. SOSage with 3 / Byrne 28.

DISPOSALS; Byrne 28, Dick 22, Ballard 21, Viojo-Rainbow 20, Wilson 18, Strachan 17.

GOALS: Jones 3, Gorringe 3, Silvagni 3, Casley 2, Jaksch 2, Gallucci 2, Tutt 2, Wood, Kerbatieh, Gowers.

Reply #23
There were the teams. 14 AFL listed players for the Tigers? I'm not really familiar with their list.

Reply #24
While it's nice to see a few get among the goals, I'm actually excited to see DVR get 20 touches. He's got the skills, now he is showing he can find the ball, there is hope for the lad yet !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #25
While it's nice to see a few get among the goals, I'm actually excited to see DVR get 20 touches. He's got the skills, now he is showing he can find the ball, there is hope for the lad yet !!

Totally agree. A good sign at last.

Wonder how Sumner went.

Reply #26
Caught a little over half the game. Things that stood out:

1. The intensity the NBs were playing at. They seemed to have a system and were carrying it out with real zeal and a dash of mongrel. So much better than anything I've seen for a long while from the NBs.

2. Byrne's dominance across the backline. His run and disposal were first rate. He'd be a monty to come in next week for the Seniors. Would be a good replacement for White.

3. Although Jones did a couple of nice things once we'd got the game under control, he was a liability when the heat was on.

4. Gorringe surprised with his forward play, in a positive way.

5. Under great pressure and with only a split second to dispose of the aggot SOSOS kicked a pearler... he's so clean with whatever he does.

6. Tutt was busy but not hurting the opposition enough with his disposals.

7. DVR was good as was Gallucci.

8. As the game wore on Jaksch got better. If he gets his head right everything else is there.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
Thanks for the match report Baggers. Much appreciated.

Sounds like some good kids in the magoos.

Reply #28
Forgot to mention Cuningham... impressed with his poise and disposal. Was very instrumental.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17