Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 71301 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #90
Mclean declares himself fit to go! Important inclusion IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
I'm sure the AFL will be hoping we are gone this week! Despite last week's huge crowd, the more we linger around the more the EFC scandal remains in the news!  ;D
let's disappoint the AFL some more! We owe them plenty!

Just on that, it's pretty unprofessional of AD to mention loss of revenue, because Collingwood and Richmond lost in the first round of the finals. Why would he even bring that up? Is it an issue? Should there be an effort to keep them in the finals next year, so the AFL can increase revenue? I thought he just took a trip to the States to look at equalisation? What a dumb c!#$

Was this the statement in response to the question about whether the results would cost the AFL revenue?

Reply #92
I'm pumped!!!

Reply #93
I'm sure the AFL will be hoping we are gone this week! Despite last week's huge crowd, the more we linger around the more the EFC scandal remains in the news!  ;D

Just on that, it's pretty unprofessional of AD to mention loss of revenue, because Collingwood and Richmond lost in the first round of the finals. Why would he even bring that up? Is it an issue? Should there be an effort to keep them in the finals next year, so the AFL can increase revenue? I thought he just took a trip to the States to look at equalisation? What a dumb c!#$

Was this the statement in response to the question about whether the results would cost the AFL revenue?

A Prelim is being played in Perth, which only holds 40k compared to the MCG, so that is a knock on affect. And from a business perspective having Collingwood and Richmond out affects things dramatically, no denying that.

Following on you have your other Big Club Carlton playing in Sydney then maybe Perth, then you don't need a CPA to see that this is not a great financial Outcome having Port play in Melbourne.

Makes you wonder about the neutrality of the draw and other external factors in determining the financial outcome for the AFL though.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #94

Actually, he tends to struggle a bit versus Sydney.

Not sure why, must be something to do with the congestion Sydney create.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95

I dont see how they lost all that money really.  Granted, Collingwood not winning is probably the one that did them the damage, as status quo remains for us/Tigers vs Sydney.  The other games at Patterson and The G would have happened regardless, so that has to be the only result, and makes you think that the Pies get an armchair ride for a reason (they get the benefit of the doubt with many umpiring calls usually).

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #97

In fairness to AD on that one, he did say that the results were great for football. The loss of revenue is a reality, two of the biggest memberships in the game got booted out, but he acknowledged that getting some passion back about football in general was more important after the year the AFL has had.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #98

He has struggled for the majority of his Carlton career though. I'm happy to have him back we need another strong body to go to war with the Swans.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #99

He has struggled for the majority of his Carlton career though. I'm happy to have him back we need another strong body to go to war with the Swans.

I agree, who goes out though ?...not Duigan now surely.....Army had a poor game last start, but we can't afford to lose his pace....Bell ?  not for me.  So who's in the firing line ?

(I have no answer BTW !!!)

:)

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #100
Menzel.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #101
Menzel.

fair call......who starts with the jacket on ?  McLeans probably not really an "impact" player.

Reply #102
Menzel.

fair call......who starts with the jacket on ?  McLeans probably not really an "impact" player.

Dare I say it, Chris Yarran?

Where is that old smiley of the little face darting behind the wall when you need it....
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #103
Menzel.

Armfield on recent form might make an ideal sub, but we may not need to decide.

McLean and others are the least of our problems, I am still hearing three outs this week!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
Menzel.

Dare I say it, Chris Yarran?

Where is that old smiley of the little face darting behind the wall when you need it....

SFFFFFFFFFFFFF ........(sound of sucking air in between grimaced teeth)....you said it.....I'm saying nothing.