Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 70421 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #76

Lol the only way we can do that directly this year is by winning the Premiership ourselves :P.

Even better then!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
Who are t he rumoured outs ?
Judd looked extremely proppy walking into Visy yesterday. Kreuzer will miss I reckon, he was limping badly.

Kreuzer apparently had a toe op yesterday according to people on BF

Nooooooooo!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78
Either way, who thought we'd still be talking in pre game threads at this stage of the season? A month ago, we'd all written 2013 off and were calling for the sacking of half the list!

Spot on just happy to be there though on that note, I guess our list aint as bad as some would've had you believe?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
I think this weeks INS should be Casboult and McLean (if fit).  OUTS McInnes and Bell (not that I think Bell played poorly).

With Sydney's tall forward structure it might be necessary to play all of Waite, Hendo and Jamo down back this week. So Casboult to come in to play forward. McLean to replace Bell.

What could work:

B:   Simpson  Jamison  Walker
HB: Tuohy      Hendo    Waite

C:  Gibbs       Judd       Scotland

HF: Menzel    Casboult  Duigan
F:   Betts       Kreuzer   Garlett

R:   Warnock  Murphy  McLean

INT:  Robinson  Curnow  Armfield  Yarran

We will only be making injury related changes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
The more I think about it bringing in Goodes could be a good thing hasn’t played since round 13 so therefore you assume he is the sub and as Roos mentioned last night it means Jetta plays a full game he was the sub last week after a very long lay off..  Throw in the fact that they have played Hawks twice and Geelong once pretty taxing period.  My confidence is growing but maybe because im going and im trying to justify it.

I notice mentions of Waite also..  May be just me but if you watch the end when  we win and Hendo runs to him and jumps at him if you see Waite's reactions its like get of me my back.

Reply #81
Either way, who thought we'd still be talking in pre game threads at this stage of the season? A month ago, we'd all written 2013 off and were calling for the sacking of half the list!

Spot on just happy to be there though on that note, I guess our list aint as bad as some would've had you believe?

Bad?  No.  Pea hearted, better description but not quite right given the way they can play at times.  Definately lacking in a few areas to really challenge, but good enough to cover up for it in enough places to do some damage when we are on song but our opposition isnt.

You know how you know we are not ready and not quite there?  Of the teams remaining, unless the moons allign for us and they have an off day, which ones could we beat unless we bring our A game for 4 quarters?

The answer is that if they are all having a good day at the office, even our best footy might not be good enough to win against any of them bar Port Adelaide.  That tells the entire story of where we currently sit.  Our list isnt bad, but its not premiership worthy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
I reckon without injuries we have the talent to go all the way, not from 9th, but with a double chance for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
Thats the trouble.  The moons have to allign.  Hawthorn have been able to drop Buddy, Cyril and got knows who else across the journey (Hodge I think), Sewell at various stages, yet they sew up the minor premiership, the double chance, and then get through without them anyway.

Freo have had players in and out of the side all season yet look where they currently are?

Even the Swans.  They have gone over the edge the last month, but they could still keep up with the Hawks for half a game, and made them earn the win in the final quarter only a week prior.

For us, Carrazzo out, an injury to Waite, Murphy not firing on all cylinders, and a few drop their heads and all of a sudden we are finishing 9th and sneaking into the finals on the back of somebody elses getting kicked out.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #84
Spot on, we lack true depth and a little belief, the latter is slowly starting to come though by the looks of things.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
Spot on, we lack true depth and a little belief, the latter is slowly starting to come though by the looks of things.

And a good off season could put a big dent in the lack of depth issue too !! :)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #86
So what's the washup for the Swans and Blues?

Swans:
McVeigh - knee injury?  The Age reported that he was walking without any discomfort on Saturday.
Bolton looked a bit proppy after a smother, but there probably isn't much to that.
The best thing about Friday night was that the 4 guys coming back from injury (Rohan, Hanneberry, Tippett, and Jetta) had such indifferent form that the Swans may be loathe to run the same risk with Goodes and LRT.

They're rolling the dice are the Swannies - reeks of panic and may well back fire......

Latest odds:

Sydney 1.37

Blues 3.15

ouch.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
I'm sure the AFL will be hoping we are gone this week! Despite last week's huge crowd, the more we linger around the more the EFC scandal remains in the news!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #88
I'm sure the AFL will be hoping we are gone this week! Despite last week's huge crowd, the more we linger around the more the EFC scandal remains in the news!  ;D
let's disappoint the AFL some more! We owe them plenty!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #89
let's disappoint the AFL some more! We owe them plenty!

Just on that, it's pretty unprofessional of AD to mention loss of revenue, because Collingwood and Richmond lost in the first round of the finals. Why would he even bring that up? Is it an issue? Should there be an effort to keep them in the finals next year, so the AFL can increase revenue? I thought he just took a trip to the States to look at equalisation? What a dumb c!#$