Skip to main content
Topic: Parks and Fog's, is Curly's boy the Real Gem? (Read 3497 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Parks and Fog's, is Curly's boy the Real Gem?

Reply #30
I still can't workout why they did that.

He must have wanted out more than they wanted him.
Tend to agree, seem to fall out of form and favor and had the chance earlier to sign for big dollars but hung out for more
and ended up being on less at Melbourne where he still cant get on the park.
Its been a lose lose for both club and player...

Reply #31
Got rid of one of their few decent players in Ben Brown for not much, picked up the likes of Jayden Stephenson who is on a nice fat contract courtesy of Collingwood  and recruited Jared Polec on big dollars who they tried to move on but no one else would touch. They are about as stupid as it gets IMHO.....
Since you put it that way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
Tend to agree, seem to fall out of form and favor and had the chance earlier to sign for big dollars but hung out for more
and ended up being on less at Melbourne where he still cant get on the park.
Its been a lose lose for both club and player...

Hes not as good as he thinks he is either.  Ben brown is one of those players who benefited from free kicks just by being tall.  Converts well but I've seen games where his opponents have too easily been able to get him out of the ball drop zone with a bit of body pressure.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Hes not as good as he thinks he is either.  Ben brown is one of those players who benefited from free kicks just by being tall.  Converts well but I've seen games where his opponents have too easily been able to get him out of the ball drop zone with a bit of body pressure.
Brown is a lead-up FF who relies on delivery, he is a good converter and they are hard to find. Nth have only the kid Larkey as a KP target, to me it was a strange move to trade Brown especially when the return they got from the trade was just a second rounder from memory.

Reply #34
Brown is a lead-up FF who relies on delivery....
Melbourne mate of mine scoffed at the idea of getting Brown (and then was disappointed when it happened) for the same reasons.

He reckoned North didn't have anyone capable of kicking to Browns advantage on the lead and said the same about his own Demons.

If his only way of getting the pill is being hit lace out, and you don't have players that can kick, what you have is a disappointing forward line.

Reply #35
and recruited Jared Polec on big dollars who they tried to move on but no one else would touch. They are about as stupid as it gets IMHO.....
And most on here (and in the media) pottted us, big time, for not doing something and recruiting Polec

Reply #36
Parks cracked in again last night. What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in toughness and composure. Haven't seen much of his aerial work yet. Looking forward to seeing his development as he's got some innate mental and physical talent.

Young Fogarty's defensive skills are a standout. Hope he teaches our coaches how they were developed. Quickly gaining my respect
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #37
Parks cracked in again last night. What he lacks in skill, he makes up for in toughness and composure. Haven't seen much of his aerial work yet. Looking forward to seeing his development as he's got some innate mental and physical talent.

Young Fogarty's defensive skills are a standout. Hope he teaches our coaches how they were developed. Quickly gaining my respect

Fogarty has been a huge get - very smart user of the ball and strong defensive skills.  Set up Cottrell beautifully in the 3rd quarter when we were being challenged,
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #38
Parks has to learn how to position himself to keep his opponent out of the contest. He's a run and jump at the ball man which is great when it works but Harrison Jones got the better of him quite a bit last weekend. He's only young so plenty of time to improve on that but loved that tackle on Tippa.

Fogarty still impressive. Does go quite in some games but his tackling is outstanding and a very smart user.

Reply #39
Parks has to learn how to position himself to keep his opponent out of the contest. He's a run and jump at the ball man which is great when it works but Harrison Jones got the better of him quite a bit last weekend. He's only young so plenty of time to improve on that but loved that tackle on Tippa.

Fogarty still impressive. Does go quite in some games but his tackling is outstanding and a very smart user.
Jones is a 196cm KP player ,bit of a tough ask for Parks IMO, coaching box got that matchup wrong.
Fogarty is good value and I reckon Caleb Daniel would be a good task for him this week.