Skip to main content
Topic: Strange Message (Read 3081 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange Message

Quite often, when I try to post, I get a pink box with the following message:

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

If I try to log out...
"An Error Has Occurred!
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

Anyone else having a similar problem???

Re: Strange Message

Reply #1
Quite often, when I try to post, I get a pink box with the following message:

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

If I try to log out...
"An Error Has Occurred!
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

Anyone else having a similar problem???

Seems to be a recent new bug in the system. A workaround is to press the Preview button followed again by the Post button. Posting then takes place.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
I've had that issue intermittently over recent months too.
I discovered the preview-post solution quite by mistake. Fortunately my fingers work faster than my brain ????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
It's been an issue for a couple of months now.

Logging out and back in sometimes helps
Clearing the cookies sometimes has a beneficial effect.
The preview/post solution is also one that will sometimes work.... but not all the time.

I haven't been able to use Edge at all for about a month.
Firefox works a bit better.
Chrome the best of all, but I still have to use that preview/post solution.

Funnily enough Edge has been working today...so maybe Spanner has been able to rejig something.

Reply #4
This is still a problem for me.

Interesting enough, it seems to be more session based on any one device.

i.e. If I use my phone to browse CSC, it will happen the first time to me every time I come back to the device and use it after having closed my browser.  Ditto any computer I use, because I tend to leave myself logged in forever.

If I switch between two devices and leave myself logged on forever, the same issue tends to apply.

Anyway, long story short, this issue is easy enough to get around by pressing preview, and then posting which tends to resolve it for that session until the next time I close my browser and come back.

It seems to be an authentication bug, rather than anything else.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
I use Chrome on my phone and Opera on the laptop.  Both get the issue spasmodically but the Preview then post method always works.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
I use Chrome on my phone and Opera on the laptop.  Both get the issue spasmodically but the Preview then post method always works.

Yes similar for me, some days it never happens and other days the Preview trick has to be employed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I'm also still having issues with Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Chrome seems to work best.
I'm not sure it's something Spanner might be able to explain or fix but if he gets a chance (and time) he may be able to have a look.
Clearing cookies/ logging in and out sometimes has a positive effect but the problem seems to return.

Reply #8
I'm also still having issues with Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Chrome seems to work best.
I'm not sure it's something Spanner might be able to explain or fix but if he gets a chance (and time) he may be able to have a look.
Clearing cookies/ logging in and out sometimes has a positive effect but the problem seems to return.

This is only temporary.

As soon as you switch devices irrespective of browser the issue returns and one preview before posting fixes it until the next time I swap devices.

I would hazard at a guess that signing out and signing back on disconnect would render the problem "fixed" until next time.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
This is only temporary.

As soon as you switch devices irrespective of browser the issue returns and one preview before posting fixes it until the next time I swap devices.

I would hazard at a guess that signing out and signing back on disconnect would render the problem "fixed" until next time.

Different browsers give me different results.
Edge wont work on the preview/post for me but a couple of occasions today it has worked first go.

Chrome seems to always work with the preview/post.

Logging out and in is a temporary fix at times.

(on this post Edge worked first go...now with the edit it probably wont work at all)

Reply #10
well this is still an issue with me