Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 AFL Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond at the MCG: Post Game Passion (Read 24068 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 AFL Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond at the MCG: Post Game Passion

Reply #15
Fasolo cost us big time

Reply #16
Disappointing start and end to the game, with Rance off we had a real chance but failed to take advantage....

McKay, Charlie, McGovern and Fasalo wont work that often....too slow and not enough ground skills.

Philips was handy in the ruck but the Nankervis goals really hurt us....

Some good efforts from our new players but we are still a long way off from having a decent game plan.
[/b][/u]

Sad but true
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Fasolo cost us big time

Blame the selectors...Fasalo was slow with no match fitness...

We need a Higgins type........to compliment our talls.....

Reply #19
Jury out at the moment.
We've added a number of players and this was their first real game together.

There were some promising signs from quite a few of those.
It will take a bit of time to sort themselves out.
What we need to see though, is a bit of stability in selections so that the understanding and teamwork can be built.
Harry, McGovern and Charlie are going to have to work on their relative positioning
Until we have a side capable of scoring 100 points in a game we're going to struggle....because that's what our opposition is most likely going to do (or go close)

Reply #20
Most of their goals came out the back of the stoppages where they got a run on.

That’s probably the worst I’ve seen Charlie play.

Regarding game plan, I tend to disagree, clearly we went into our shells in the first and last quarter. I don’t think many would say our game plan was no good in the 2nd and 3rd. Move the ball well and should have scored more. 3 shots and goal missed due to two blokes going for the same ball

Reply #21
Ed Curnow in our 22 just means we will never be a top side.  His kicking now is as bad as it was on day 1. He puts forwards under pressure all the time causing  turnovers .  Lets's hope the new players improve quickly.

Reply #22
Fasolo shouldn't have been selected so it's not his fault.

As for Charlie FIGJAM Curnow? He had the worst game of his career on the back of an ordinary JLT series. Supposed to be the next Kouta but looked like Andrew Merrington.

If he wasn't who he was he would be dropped after putting up that tripe.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23
Fasolo cost us big time
I would argue Charlie cost us more. A more putrid game from him I have not
Seen. He needs to stop listening to the media reports about him.
As for no 5, my mum always said “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all”.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
Thought Ed Curnow was ordinary, any thoughts of playing him as a forward should be shelved.....cannot deliver the footy or think his way through a forward play......

Ed really hurt us with those two weak forward entries for just outside fifty. I dont know what was happening with his brother but lets hope he finds his mojo quickly. Harry is going to be a star.

Reply #25
So much hate!

We couldn't run out a game last year and still can't.

Spent all our petrol catching up and slowed to a walk immediately after 3 quarter time. We got jumped early and panicked and it cost us the game.

But there were so many positives. How many teams have made Richmond mentally disintegrate like they did in that 3rd quarter?

They completely panicked and repeatedly gave away silly frees and hacked it out of defense.

We have something to build on at last.

Reply #26
Most of their goals came out the back of the stoppages where they got a run on.

That’s probably the worst I’ve seen Charlie play.

Regarding game plan, I tend to disagree, clearly we went into our shells in the first and last quarter. I don’t think many would say our game plan was no good in the 2nd and 3rd. Move the ball well and should have scored more. 3 shots and goal missed due to two blokes going for the same ball

We won more contested footy in the 2nd/3rd, I felt thats why we came back but not having a decent game plan doesnt allow us to score as easily as other teams and we cant take advantage when we control play.
Having ball butchers like Ed Curnow doesnt help either.....
If you noticed we didnt take advantage of the new rules regarding kick outs and the Tigers allowed us the cheap short kick into the pocket then bottled the play up.....not much planning done in that area...
Tigers on the other hand had Short taking advantage of the extra room allowed and gaining extra distance....thats just smarter work tactically from the Tigers.

Reply #27
I’m sick of losing  :'(

Reply #28
Tigers toyed with us.

Richmond fan at work text me at 3 quarter time and said they were going to destroy us now.

2 minutes in I could tell he was correct.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
We won more contested footy in the 2nd/3rd, I felt thats why we came back but not having a decent game plan doesnt allow us to score as easily as other teams and we cant take advantage when we control play.
Having ball butchers like Ed Curnow doesnt help either.....
If you noticed we didnt take advantage of the new rules regarding kick outs and the Tigers allowed us the cheap short kick into the pocket then bottled the play up.....not much planning done in that area...
Tigers on the other hand had Short taking advantage of the extra room allowed and gaining extra distance....thats just smarter work tactically from the Tigers.
Don't we have well paid coaches as well????????????
2024... Moir of the same to come