Skip to main content
Topic: The Venting Thread  (Read 17160 times) previous topic - next topic

The Venting Thread

Was going through the old boards before and had a good read of the old venting thread. Very amusing reading.  ;D

Same deal in this thread, but I suppose without the fowl language.  ;D

Let the venting begin.  ;D

Re: The Venting Thread

Reply #2
Well Gozza, it is hard to vent at this point in time. I have had Christmas dinner and my stomach is full of food. my fridge is full of grog and ready to be consumed. My wife and kids gave me 50 bucks for a Christmas present too. First time in years to be honest. I'm as happy as a pig in crap at the moment and can't vent before I get uspet with something. I do however need to write a book though. One man living with three females and only one bathroom and one toilet will get me going eventually. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
Stuff all those gadgets that need an APP downloaded on Xmas day, the web is mud!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
This thread just isn't the same without the old 'cuss' emoticon!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Ringed up some mates and asked if they wanted to go watch the cricket on Saturday. Not sure was the answer. Wtf do you mean not sure. Yes or no. What is gozzas company not good enough? I wish I was somebody else just so I could be friends with myself  ;D ;D ;D

Reply #7
Just got back from a terrific, though short break, up north. As part of the trip we stopped in to catch up with relos and friends in Canberra ...Canberra is a cemetry with street lights. The place is simply crape... it should be declared an abject failure and closed (somewhat like Adelaide).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Just got back from a terrific, though short break, up north. As part of the trip we stopped in to catch up with relos and friends in Canberra ...Canberra is a cemetry with street lights. The place is simply crape... it should be declared an abject failure and closed (somewhat like Adelaide).

Your relos must live in Charnwood if you got that from visiting Canberra. Don't put sh*t on my town dude...  >:(
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #9

Your relos must live in Charnwood if you got that from visiting Canberra. Don't put sh*t on my town dude...  >:(

;D

I quite like Canberra. My mate used to live in Swinger Hill. Still piss myself at the name.  ;D

Reply #10

Boom!! Don't fk with Spanner! A couple of my best mates are from Canberra, one is slow as a wet week and his brother has a multi million dollar business that he started around 4 years ago.. Nothing wrong with the water there!

Spanner quick question do you post as spf? Cheers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
I'd love to share what the problem is with both my mates (they are brothers) who live in Canberra. They both find it hilarious too, especially when they're out in public. Absolute pissers. Don't want to offend anyone though so I won't go into details.

Reply #12

Chisolm and Griffith.

Sorry Spanner for the excessive explanation to follow!

Your town, firstly, suffered due to the Conservatives f*cking up what (Walter) Burley Griffin originally designed. He was a genius and your town could have been magnificent if his original design was adhered to...

...but then (apart from the conservative administrators and their brethren - the unimaginative pencil necks) there was another problem - where to put our nation's capital as argued by Sydney and Melbourne (NSW state gov won over Vic big time).

Further embarrassing the 'location' decision was that 'Canberra' (as a place for our nation's capital) was also based on military paranoia??!! ---'Don't be on the coast as the enemy can get you there'. Well, I gotta say that the result of the location is extremely effective in terms of deterring any enemy. Imagine getting a diplomatic posting to Australia and ending up in Canberra!!!!

Sorry Spanner, but although the geographical location of your home sucks... many of the folks there are fabulous as evidenced by your good self and my 3 Aunts, 1 Uncle, their progeny and many dear friends who love the Mighty BlueBaggers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
Baggers please don't kick an man in the balls to explain why you don't like where he lives. Just say "Ooops sorry mate I was just kidding". Our home is our castle and we live where we live. Its not always by choice and sometimes its financially bound, or being close to family, work or just because we see some things others don't. We live where we live because we just feel free and safe to be there. Not having a go at you either there buddy. I'm sure you mean what you say in the best way. Cheers guys. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
I love a lot about Canberra including the National Gallery, the Military museum, great restaurants and of course the political sphere.

I don't love the road layout, Fyshwick, the weather and the fact that on my last visit 4 years ago I ruptured my lower back on the last day and a local GP gave me anti inflammatories and sent me on my way. At Albury Base hospital I was given Endone and sent away. My local GP gave me morphine and sent me for an MRI, I was then transferred to the Epworth where the surgeon who would ultimately do a miraculous job on "the worst prolapse he had seen" took care of business.

I am in no hurry to return to Canberra.
IN WADA WE TRUST