Skip to main content
Topic: The Venting Thread  (Read 17231 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Venting Thread

Reply #15
I reckon everyone just relax. So baggers doesn't like Canberra. Boo friggedy hoo. Get over it. I'm sure there's things he likes that some of you hate and hang sh1t on too.

Reply #17
Probably better in the 'Milne' thread but I can't find it.

Anyway, Milne getting a $15,000 fine and no conviction (for sexual assault 10 years ago) is, IMHO, appalling on so many levels. What message does this send, especially to the victim!! Future sexual assault/rape perps will use the Milne defence now. At the time of his assault, the AFL was conducting thorough education to all players on respect for women etc. He consciously flew in the face of that...  :-X :-X :-X >:( >:(

I hope Phil Cleary and others come out swinging on this dreadful decision/leniency.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
Recruiting players who breakdown before they play a game

(old smiley for added impact :P)

Reply #19
Recruiting MMs buddies!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Greece losing to Faroe Islands.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Charles Manson to wed a 26 year old???....this scumbag needs a bullet to the brain not a wedding, how this lunatic is still breathing is a disgrace.. and still doing his evil work by influencing another vulnerable woman who wants her 15 mins of fame and to be famous...

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25547761/charles-manson-gets-marriage-license/

True EB. But how sick is the woman?????? ::) ::)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #23

Anyway, Milne getting a $15,000 fine and no conviction (for sexual assault 10 years ago) is, IMHO, appalling on so many levels. What message does this send, especially to the victim!! Future sexual assault/rape perps will use the Milne defence now. At the time of his assault, the AFL was conducting thorough education to all players on respect for women etc. He consciously flew in the face of that...  :-X :-X :-X >:( >:(

I hope Phil Cleary and others come out swinging on this dreadful decision/leniency.

Couldn't agree more Baggers. The thing that annoys me most is that even though he pleaded guilty to indecent assault, he still won't have a conviction recorded against him. So he's free to travel indiscriminately and do whatever he likes for the rest of his life, despite everyone knowing exactly how vile this guy really is.

Just hope the karma train catches up with him. 

Reply #24

Couldn't agree more Baggers. The thing that annoys me most is that even though he pleaded guilty to indecent assault, he still won't have a conviction recorded against him. So he's free to travel indiscriminately and do whatever he likes for the rest of his life, despite everyone knowing exactly how vile this guy really is.

Just hope the karma train catches up with him.

+1 for both posts - disgusting decision by a p!ssweak justice system....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #25
The worst part was the judge taking into account the ten years of scrutiny and pressure that Milne had apparently put up with when deciding his fate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
@Brettie

Brettie I think it would be more aptly described as a legal system - justice does not enter into it.  >:(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
that's ok guys, cause as mentioned in another thread , at least he's educated and rehabilitated and he wont re offend.

Reply #28
I read today with some despair that the Sydney siege madman, who's name I will not mention, had a list of frustrations linked to complaints against reports broadcast by Ch7s Today Tonight. At least that is the spin I take from the headlines and the story.

We have already had in the last year a depressed nurse killing herself over a radio joke, now after denials of any rumored link between the siege and Seven Studios, it surfaces that the madman had in fact made a litany of complaints to the media watchdog about Ch7s tabloid show Today Tonight.

Someone at Seven must have known the madman had made those complaints! :o

When will the media return to accountability, when will the nuffas in power stop accepting the hollow blurb that emits from anuses of the sociopaths in power in the media that it's an accountable, responsible and reliable citizen.

How gutless are our politicians that they think the media cannot be held to account?

I am not talking about censorship, but self-regulation is clearly not working!

I cannot lay blame for the siege on Seven, the acts of a madman are inherently mad.

However, if a media organization behaves in a manner that breaks the camels back surely they must answer to somebody. The media should not be able to push, poke and prod insane, murderous or suicidal people without some accountability.

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
I read today with some despair that the Sydney siege madman, who's name I will not mention, had a list of frustrations linked to complaints against reports broadcast by Ch7s Today Tonight. At least that is the spin I take from the headlines and the story.

We have already had in the last year a depressed nurse killing herself over a radio joke, now after denials of any rumored link between the siege and Seven Studios, it surfaces that the madman had in fact made a litany of complaints to the media watchdog about Ch7s tabloid show Today Tonight.

Someone at Seven must have known the madman had made those complaints! :o

When will the media return to accountability, when will the nuffas in power stop accepting the hollow blurb that emits from anuses of the sociopaths in power in the media that it's an accountable, responsible and reliable citizen.

How gutless are our politicians that they think the media cannot be held to account?

I am not talking about censorship, but self-regulation is clearly not working!

I cannot lay blame for the siege on Seven, the acts of a madman are inherently mad.

However, if a media organization behaves in a manner that breaks the camels back surely they must answer to somebody. The media should not be able to push, poke and prod insane, murderous or suicidal people without some accountability.

That's my rant and I'm sticking to it! ;)
I sort of felt the same with siege in France resulting from the Charlie Hebdo articles. Now I'm all for freedom of speech but if you poke the bear...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time