Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 392834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: US Presidential Election 2016

Reply #511
Michelle Obama - what a speaker!  No wonder Melania Trump tried to steal her words.

All the money in the world could never buy Melania what Michelle has - class, real class.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #512
Bill's doing a pretty good job too (so far) ;)
Nice little personal perspective but highlighting some of her early activities and achievements.

Reply #513
Bill's doing a pretty good job too (so far) ;)
Nice little personal perspective but highlighting some of her early activities and achievements.

Yes, I had to switch that off - started to feel quite queasy.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #514
Bill could talk under water for hours!  ;D

It's a necessary and effective effort to humanise Hillary.  Just the very fact that she chose to work as a children's advocate rather than taking a high-paid corporate law job is enough to negate the image the GOP tries to paint of a self-serving power-craving politician without guiding principles.

Interesting how the conservatives choose to attack her for seeking high office, trying to turn years of public service into soulless ambition.  When have men been attacked in this way?  On the contrary, ruthless campaigning and manoeuvring is actually presented as strength and manliness.  Peter Costello is mocked because he didn't have the guts to seize power from Howard after the latter walked away from a succession deal.  On the other hand, Keating is admired for taking down Hawke when he tried to hold on to power.  In Australia, we have had 3 sitting Prime Ministers overthrown by Gillard, Rudd and then Turnbull.  Is it coincidental that only Gillard seems to have been condemned for doing so?  Howard and Peacock spent a decade in opposition knifing each other.  Fact is, Trump's the one who seems to be chasing power for narcissistic reasons.  He has no actual policies other than the ridiculous wall he says he'll build.

Reply #515
Are you really going down the poor Hilary route?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #516
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #517
I don't peddle the 'Poor Woman' trope.  She's plenty tough, as was Gillard.  But there's a clear difference in how ambition and career-building is viewed where women are concerned.  The Age ran a story yesterday that women don't get promotions because they don't ask for them.  But asking for them makes them ball-breaking bitches.  A bit of a catch-22 ...

Reply #518
I don't peddle the 'Poor Woman' trope.  She's plenty tough, as was Gillard.  But there's a clear difference in how ambition and career-building is viewed where women are concerned.  The Age ran a story yesterday that women don't get promotions because they don't ask for them.  But asking for them makes them ball-breaking bitches.  A bit of a catch-22 ...

Mav, don't you know it's a level playing field ?

Reply #519
Ask Bernie Sanders how level it was. :))

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #521

What a load of crap.  Work is a boys club but not in the men vs female case like the feminist movement would have you believe.   Most men work a glass ceiling too, and seldom get places based on merit.

It's symptomatic of the world we live in.

Meanwhile the same men in the same circumstances resent women getting recognition for simply performing the same job as everyone else because they aren't a man.

In my work the only ones getting kudos are the ones who manage upwards not the ones who are necessarily most proficient.

Seems to be a similar story in other jobs I've had.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #522
Another weird episode in the Trump reality show!

He thought it would be a good idea to say at a press conference and by way of Twitter that he hoped that Russia could hack into servers and find the 30,000 deleted emails.  It has caused outrage and given the Democrats a good line of attack.

Look, I reckon I'd just write it off as a lame attempt to mock suggestions that there is complicity between Putin and Trump while getting in another dig at the email saga.  But why would you go there?  It was reckless at the very least.  If you spot a landmine, you don't pick it up and play frisbee with it.  Trump and Putin have been busy complimenting each other and Trump's campaign manager has also managed a pro-Russian Ukranian leader.  There is also speculation that Trump's point blank refusal to release his tax returns may well be motivated by the desire to hide commercial interests in Russia.  Trump has foreshadowed picking a and choosing which members of NATO he'd stand behind and recognising Russia's annexation of Crimea.  Why would you fuel the fire?  If this is how he runs a campaign, imagine how he'd run the country ...

Reply #523
How did the emails get leaked again?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #524
Another weird episode in the Trump reality show!

He thought it would be a good idea to say at a press conference and by way of Twitter that he hoped that Russia could hack into servers and find the 30,000 deleted emails.  It has caused outrage and given the Democrats a good line of attack.

Look, I reckon I'd just write it off as a lame attempt to mock suggestions that there is complicity between Putin and Trump while getting in another dig at the email saga.  But why would you go there?  It was reckless at the very least.  If you spot a landmine, you don't pick it up and play frisbee with it.  Trump and Putin have been busy complimenting each other and Trump's campaign manager has also managed a pro-Russian Ukranian leader.  There is also speculation that Trump's point blank refusal to release his tax returns may well be motivated by the desire to hide commercial interests in Russia.  Trump has foreshadowed picking a and choosing which members of NATO he'd stand behind and recognising Russia's annexation of Crimea.  Why would you fuel the fire?  If this is how he runs a campaign, imagine how he'd run the country ...

There was nothing of strategic importance on the e-mails...at best the Russian's will have Hillary's shopping list.
 :D

...or was there?