Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 56667 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #345
I couldn't imagine anyone would be content retaining the ashes.
Winning the series has been mentioned plenty of times by Paine, Langer and many others.
Why go to all the effort to draw the series?
I don't think Steve Waugh would be in the dressing room saying well done boys, you can kick back now, we've retained the ashes

Do see your point but in England I would've killed for a 2-2 before the series started. Much prefer if we get a 3-1, and pissed off that Paine has made that harder for us this Test by sending them in, but 2-2 is a good result.

The way they celebrated retaining the Ashes, Steve Waugh, who was there, might've joined in that celebration. They celebrated like there was no tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised we weren't switched on yesterday because of that. We were very sloppy.

Reply #346
It's pretty obvious a change in player attitude, some of the Poms have thrown caution to the wind while others look disinterested. Half our team were asleep in the field, it's just a show!

The bowlers will be hoping our batsmen makes 750 so they never have to take the field again!

It's a dead rubber, we should have used it for training or experience to build list depth!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #347
It's pretty obvious a change in player attitude, some of the Poms have thrown caution to the wind while others look disinterested. Half our team were asleep in the field, it's just a show!

The bowlers will be hoping our batsmen makes 750 so they never have to take the field again!

It's a dead rubber, we should have used it for training or experience to build list depth!

Make 750 then roll them for under 100 again to win the match.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #348
Mitch Marsh hats off.

18.2 overs, 3 maidens, 5 for 46.

Nor for a Smith 300 (and a Warner duck)...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #349
Yep,  Mitch pulled the potatoes from the fire.

Siddle needs to buy him a beer,  and Warner can clean his kit,  because he's a an absolute passenger.   Contributing nothing.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #350
Yep,  Mitch pulled the potatoes from the fire.

Siddle needs to buy him a beer,  and Warner can clean his kit,  because he's a an absolute passenger.   Contributing nothing.

F..n disgrace that Warner got picked for this Test.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #351

You still reckon it’s a dead rubber and some players look disinterested?

Dumbest decision in years to bowl first.

Talk about giving a sucker an even break

Reply #352
Pathetic score by Australia. Weak and far from ordinary. No wonder I don’t waste me time watching test cricket. My favourite pass time many years ago.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #353
You still reckon it’s a dead rubber and some players look disinterested?

Dumbest decision in years to bowl first.

Talk about giving a sucker an even break

I reckon the Aussies laid a few bets before picking Warner, Siddle et al.

Then doubled down after bowling first.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #354
All Smith's superlative batting  has done is  show up how deadset rank the other blokes are.   How blokes like Warner,  Khawaja,  Bancroft ET AL even made the squad beggars description. Even Harris was very marginal.

Warner and khawaja have never made runs there and never will. DO NOT resurrect these craptrucks in the home summer.

Should have used this test to promote some new blood.   Burns. Pucovski.  Neser.  Why do we keep going back to crabs? I just don't get it.

Reply #355
Simply the WRONG squad.  Apart from Smith who's been outstanding, Labuschagne (really consistent) precious few batsmen have had a great impact.  Warner has been pathetic.

Reply #356
The openers.... OMG the horror!   The horror!

They don't last long enough for the bowlers to even get warmed up.   Their primary job and they couldn't do it.

Bancroft's dismissals were horribly soft but at least he lasted longer than one over.

Reply #357
We copped the good Archer and the baby faced little boy Curran is a skillful bowler who should have played earlier. Our batting is dumb
and lacks technique. The pitch wasn't bad and yep the ball swings
In England so stop playing back and straddling the crease.
Warner played a poor shot to wide ball.. enough said, he looks sick of test cricket imo and will just play the IPL etc.
Can't see us being able to win or draw this test unless Cummins and Smith  can save us again..

Reply #358
We copped the good Archer and the baby faced little boy Curran is a skillful bowler who should have played earlier. Our batting is dumb
Warner played a poor shot to wide ball.. enough said, he looks sick of test cricket imo and will just play the IPL etc.
Can't see us being able to win or draw this test unless Cummins and Smith  can save us again..

Could not put it better myself. Our cricket stinks big time. We are sure to lose a test we were should win. Too many passengers getting paid too much to offer too little to the game. Sure the bowling to us was good but we offer very poor stroke shots. Very disappointed with Warner. The entire series has been rubbish. Without Smith we would be completely smashed. I miss Alan Border, Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh and similar types. Game breaking champions we might never ever see again. Smith can’t be expected to carry this p1ss poor excuse for a squad. Makes me hate watching the best form of cricket I have enjoyed for many years . Australian test cricket is a joke. Not funny at all. Not entertaining either.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #359

To be fair to Warner in this innings he certainly didn't hit the ball. Clear space between bat and ball. When you're out of form your luck goes out the window too.

Paine has to be very accountable here. What idiot would send them in on this pitch. Plainly stupid and probably cost us a series win.