Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 53245 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #360
Yep,  common sense went out the window after the ashes were retained.   Had to bat.

Warner is cooked at test level.    His technique is poor and now his thoughts are muddled so agreed,  he'll slide off into the sunset as a highly paid short form gun.   Too late in his career to change now,  and why would he want to?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #361
Could not put it better myself. Our cricket stinks big time. We are sure to lose a test we were should win. Too many passengers getting paid too much to offer too little to the game. Sure the bowling to us was good but we offer very poor stroke shots. Very disappointed with Warner. The entire series has been rubbish. Without Smith we would be completely smashed. I miss Alan Border, Adam Gilchrist, Steve Waugh and similar types. Game breaking champions we might never ever see again. Smith can’t be expected to carry this p1ss poor excuse for a squad. Makes me hate watching the best form of cricket I have enjoyed for many years . Australian test cricket is a joke. Not funny at all. Not entertaining either.

Hardly all doom and gloom.

Some great bowlers, Siddle aside - who got picked on charity as his last Test ever.

Labuschgne (sp?) clearly a player (Smith goes without saying).

Carey for Paine, no brainer.

So, need to find 3 more decent, Test quality batsman.

Find two kids who can score big runs and put them in the team....

Wade, Head, Harris not the answer seemingly.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #362
Hardly all doom and gloom.

Some great bowlers, Siddle aside - who got picked on charity as his last Test ever.

Labuschgne (sp?) clearly a player (Smith goes without saying).

Carey for Paine, no brainer.

So, need to find 3 more decent, Test quality batsman.

Find two kids who can score big runs and put them in the team....

Wade, Head, Harris not the answer seemingly.

Purcovski will be one.

Reply #363
Looks like we got the spiky end of the pineapple again with the umpires, David got a poor one and Wade hit the cover off it.

Reply #364
Why was warner picked for this test?  Couldn't have been on recent form....

Reply #366
Looks like we got the spiky end of the pineapple again with the umpires, David got a poor one and Wade hit the cover off it.

Warner was out IMO and I reckon he knew it and didnt complain, agree on Wade and it looked to be sliding leg side.
Played for the swing and fell over to off did Wade and once again average technique , old school but the theory is get well forward
to the swinging ball .Smith can play back because he has an eye like a dead fish but the others need to get well forward to Curran who like Marsh bowled
full length balls...Cummins can bat but his was a classic example of not having a clue footwork wise.

Pakistan have three left armers who swing the ball and Riaz is quick so there is going to have to be a change in technique or personnel for those first two tests
of the summer and we need to find some decent openers.

Need some good slip fielders too....

Reply #367
Glad it’s just a bit of fun this test.
Not important and the players are taking it easy

Reply #368
Warner was out IMO and I reckon he knew it and didnt complain, agree on Wade and it looked to be sliding leg side.
Played for the swing and fell over to off did Wade and once again average technique , old school but the theory is get well forward
to the swinging ball .Smith can play back because he has an eye like a dead fish but the others need to get well forward to Curran who like Marsh bowled
full length balls...Cummins can bat but his was a classic example of not having a clue footwork wise.

Pakistan have three left armers who swing the ball and Riaz is quick so there is going to have to be a change in technique or personnel for those first two tests
of the summer and we need to find some decent openers.

Need some good slip fielders too....
With Warner, that shadow of the bat and ball had the ball well away from the bat. The position was the shadow was great timing.

Looks like we were happy just to retain the Ashes, celebrate hard then turn up for this Test just to get it out of the way so they can go home. Haven't been the slightest bit switched on this game. Going to  be a cheap 2nd innings, all out 200, only because Smith makes a 100 and Labuschagne 50.

Reply #369
Noticed Erasmus f***ed up again.  He is dead set biased against Australia and I would not play another test under him if he is officiating.  Hate his guts

Reply #370
Noticed Erasmus f***ed up again.  He is dead set biased against Australia and I would not play another test if he is officiating.  Hate his guts

Umpiring has been terrible and our use of the DRS has been affected as we dont know when and when not to challenge...
Erasmus is meant to be the best umpire :o IMO the DRS has also messed with the umpires who have that added pressure with every decision replayed/scrutinised
and then tend to favor the home team IMO. Paine also isnt a great judge of where the ball is travelling which doesnt help, some of his challenges have never looked like being out.

Reply #371
Glad it’s just a bit of fun this test.
Not important and the players are taking it easy

They are crappy as hell, they were all hoping to be on the plane home by now! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #372
Side on shots were illuminating... Showed how bad our openers are. Won't make runs at any level batting like that.

Reply #373
This'll be over by stumps

Reply #374
Smith gone, so it’s time to fly home. Nothing happening here. Nothing to see.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.