Skip to main content
Topic: Doggies vs Dees (Read 7445 times) previous topic - next topic

Doggies vs Dees

Entertaining game, hopefully the Doggies can get a win for my old mates Chachi17 and No1IP.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Doggies vs Dees

Reply #2
Darcy Vescio doing her profile no harm at all in the little paper's property section and a particularly effective effort tonight. This is the best of the best, so the WL has to be a step down in class but it'll improve. Thought those on Marngrook presented really very well.

Reply #3
Going to be interesting once the weights and proper pre seasons kick in . . .

Reply #4
Watched 5 minutes and that was enough....tried to enjoy it but it just got me frustrated... :-\

Reply #5
Watched 5 minutes and that was enough....tried to enjoy it but it just got me frustrated... :-\
Certainly was that. No fun being reminded about poor disposal and goal kicking. Just shows you can be paid 10% of the blokes and be just as inaccurate. (Where's that 'sigh' emoticon?)

Reply #6
I dunno what you boys were watching, but i reckon the majority of the girls are better users of the ball than our mob!

Watched 90% of the game and loved it.

Was a bit worried about Vescio early on (1 touch in the first quarter) but she grew into the game and left me much happier about her by the end of it.

Steph played pretty well and is an excellent user of the ball. Isn't much of her compared to a lot of the girls, but she has the football nous. Thought she spoke very well at the end too.

How did she end up being captain, but still doesn't have a club?!

Of the other girls...
Mo Hope looks like a cult hero in the making. Pies made a good choice, fits their 'brand' and very marketable.
Katie Brennan is a gun and doggies may just have the best player in the comp. Got the good looks to be the poster girl of the comp as well.
Tayla Harris has a presence about her that reminds me of Jono Brown, Lions will be happy with her.

I reckon all the girls showed up the 2 girls from the legends match last night.

My only reservation is trying to spread that kind of talent across 8 teams. Very much diluting the talent, not sure how much depth there is around and if it will hurt the watchability of the game. If its anything like that though, i'll be impressed.

Reply #7
I dunno what you boys were watching, but i reckon the majority of the girls are better users of the ball than our mob!

Was a bit worried about Vescio early on (1 touch in the first quarter) but she grew into the game and left me much happier about her by the end of it.

Steph played pretty well and is an excellent user of the ball. Isn't much of her compared to a lot of the girls, but she has the football nous. Thought she spoke very well at the end too.

Of the other girls...
Mo Hope looks like a cult hero in the making. Pies made a good choice, fits their 'brand' and very marketable.
Katie Brennan is a gun and doggies may just have the best player in the comp. Got the good looks to be the poster girl of the comp as well.
Tayla Harris has a presence about her that reminds me of Jono Brown, Lions will be happy with her.

My only reservation is trying to spread that kind of talent across 8 teams. Very much diluting the talent, not sure how much depth there is around and if it will hurt the watchability of the game. If its anything like that though, i'll be impressed.
Ooooh, hold those horses, nothing negative about the spectacle from this direction. It's a parallel universe and will be fascinating. Seemed free of intrusive structures and all the more fun for it. I'm looking forward to next year. Not perfect and will develop. Hope the kicking does too.

Reply #8

Of the other girls...

Im with you Krudd, gotta remember these girls are fully pro yet. Once they do proper PS as part of an AFL program, you will see a difference. Skills went a little south as they tired. With abit of luck, the Carlton recruiters nab Steph and she can be were she belongs.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9

Of the other girls...

I wasn't able to watch the game but I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds next year.

How did the 16 person teams go?  The women's footy commentator on the Coodabeens this morning made a very strong argument for sticking with 18 players based on the women's inability to kick as far as blokes.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I wasn't able to watch the game but I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds next year.

How did the 16 person teams go?  The women's footy commentator on the Coodabeens this morning made a very strong argument for sticking with 18 players based on the women's inability to kick as far as blokes.
They commented that the 16 made the game less congested and with less stoppages. I agree.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
I enjoyed it more than the Legends game.

Throw a Carlton jumper on and it will be better still. ;)

Reply #12
I enjoyed it more than the Legends game.

Throw a Carlton jumper on and it will be better still. ;)

X2. Well said. It was a terrific game and 'our gal' was a standout. Can't wait for our side to be up and running. Go BlueBaggers...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
Entertaining game, hopefully the Doggies can get a win for my old mates Chachi17 and No1IP.
It was nice to see some of our alumni out there playing the game.
It was also nice to see Carlton's 3 named players in action.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Im with you Krudd, gotta remember these girls are fully pro yet. Once they do proper PS as part of an AFL program, you will see a difference. Skills went a little south as they tired. With abit of luck, the Carlton recruiters nab Steph and she can be were she belongs.
Here, here!
Live Long and Prosper!