Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats (Read 20811 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 11: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats

Reply #75
There is a fundamental coaching flaw if we have so many entries inside 50, but do nothing with them.  What has Teague given us in terms of strategies and plans?

I'm.going on sen tonight and will be calling for all paying supporters to boycott the Brisbane game until the board recognise change needs to be made. They will not listen otherwise.

Reply #77
At half time I switched to Dr Pimple Popper- good couple of epidodes of gunk being squeezed and cut out of people - much more satisfying!

An interview with Harry McKay a week or two ago showed the out that the players have - we are young and learning.

While it is true,  it doesn't mean you can't have a crack and put in every week.   What I want to see is effort and skills on display every week.   How are skills attached to 'young and learning' - they should be obvious.

Yes,  injuries have really hurt what was looking like a steady and settled backline, but that should mean the midfield and forwards defend harder.

Draft picks won't get us out of this - a simple game plan and a rocket might.   We need 22 players doing their bit every week, not 5 or 6.

Reply #78
Fans looked devastated leaving the ground today, will be lucky to crack 20,000 next week although the Fitzroy fans might be back on board.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #79
Teague did a very good job coaching the forwards at Adelaide. Coming to Carlton as an assistant is a death wish....lol. Coaching our forward line would be a nightmare. Essentially an impossible job.

But, anyway, I do see your point.

Taking any position at Carlton is a death wish.

At any rate, I'm not sure the Crows forwards need much coaching to be honest. Betts, Tex, Lynch, Jenkins etc. - plenty of experience there, and they seem to be doing ok without him.

Teague was a back line coach at Saints and WC, which makes sense IMO.

Reply #80
We've got a good blueprint for turning blue collar forwards into very handy defenders. Whoever is responsible for that deserves a promotion. He needs to have license to share his strategy with the line coaches  ;)

Levi was good again being played out of position.
Weiters is taking his game to another level.
Stocker is going to surpass our beloved Simmo - soon.
Dow had some howlers by foot but so did many others. His play in tight though is exciting and i loved seeing him shepherding. Samo building too although slower than I'd hoped. Perhaps secondary to multiple positions. Fish n Cripps both down.
Charlie and H troubled by the delivery, intercepepted way too easily. Combination perhaps of leading, fwd cohesion, and delivery. Doesn't help when you're handicapped in the fwd line (Fasolo and Lang). Icing on the cake was Lang missing inexcusable set shots. Slot a couple and we're in with a chance, but no. Instead shows up like a recruit from Geelong.

Some good signs but not nearly enough. Very frustrating.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #81
I think we'll lose him if we don't!!

Much more likely (to lose Cripps with the status quo).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #82
Taking any position at Carlton is a death wish.

At any rate, I'm not sure the Crows forwards need much coaching to be honest. Betts, Tex, Lynch, Jenkins etc. - plenty of experience there, and they seem to be doing ok without him.

Teague was a back line coach at Saints and WC, which makes sense IMO.

Probably does.

Reply #83
I’m done. Can’t take it any more.
Ok, I’m a quitter....but I have to consider my wife and family having to live with the shell of a man I am now.

Would the last supporter to succumb please give Cripper a pat on the back before you finally turn the site off for good

Reply #84
Ok, I’m a quitter....but I have to consider my wife and family having to live with the shell of a man I am now.

Would the last supporter to succumb please give Cripper a pat on the back before you finally turn the site off for good
???? it’s funny but nearly true ????

Reply #85

Morbid as it may be we're at our busiest when we are in a "spot of bother."
Lot's of folk have come in here tonight to 'share' their thoughts.
I'm guessing we'll have a busy week.

Reply #86
Morbid as it may be we're at our busiest when we are in a "spot of bother."
Lot's of folk have come in here tonight to 'share' their thoughts.
I'm guessing we'll have a busy week.

I reckon you and the other mods will be working shifts once Bolton's sacking is announced and this site goes berko.

Good luck.

Reply #87
I think that Bolton being sacked is a foregone conclusion after today, it's going from bad to worse and just can't be tolerated any longer.
He seems like a decent bloke and he's given it his best shot but we're playing like a disorganised rabble.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #88
I think that Bolton being sacked is a foregone conclusion after today, it's going from bad to worse and just can't be tolerated any longer.
He seems like a decent bloke and he's given it his best shot but we're playing like a disorganised rabble.

That's probably the best summary of the situation I have read. I don't think anybody hates Bolton.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #89
Folks, I'm no moderator, but let's be decent and civil to each other, toward players and coaches.  Its a really disappointing day to be a Carlton supporter but it is just footy.