Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #90
Going to the football is enjoyable again, we are playing as a team, backing ourselves and working our arse off.
Thank you David Teague.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #91
Going to the football is enjoyable again, we are playing as a team, backing ourselves and working our arse off.
Thank you David Teague.

Here here. I missed the first half on Saturday but still wanted to be there.  Got there a couple of minutes into the second half. I was amazed at how many people were also getting to the ground at that time.

Reply #92
This was the first 'Teague game' that I could get to.  The renaissance is amazing - we will find out more over the next four weeks.

While this year with Bolton there were some periods of play where we moved the ball really well, it is happening more often and great to watch.

We aren't seemingly butchering the ball as much and there is an air of confidence in the team - and outside of the team as well.

It was great basically being in front for the game - we were sitting near the cheersquad and they started singing the song after Setters' goal in the last to put us 21? points up.  I was thinking too soon to sing the song - glad I was wrong!

If Cripps' had kicked the goal in the last instead of OOB, the roar would have been massive.

As others have said, it was enjoyable to be at.  I think the Saints is the only other game we can get to, but am looking forward to it!

Reply #93
Great game to watch, albeit on TV over here. Agree with the rest, it was probably the most complete performance of the Teague coached wins. Against a top 8 side who kept coming but we were able to steady every time and then pull away and win well. Very few non-contributors across the board. So many players have stepped up in recent weeks that it's hard to believe we were so bad only 8 weeks ago.

Too many good performances to mention but loved the games of Setterfield, Silvagni and Gibbons.

It was also fantastic to hear the crowd support for the little 1% efforts when players came off the ground...and especially after Levi jagged that 50m bomb on the run. The enjoyment is clear to see on the players' faces at the moment.

West Coast will be a step-up again but a solid performance, even if it's a loss, should just about get Teague across the line.

Reply #94
I thought Cripps has become much smarter in his forward positioning, as have Levi, Phillips was good as well. They attract the larger defenders causing them to be followed, if they aren't followed they get a free run at the marking contest! But causing opponents to follow them away from the contests, which creates opportunity for SoJ and Kennedy as well as the other smaller forwards to mark with evenly matched opponents.

Having Walsh, SPS, Fisher and Gibbons supporting sMurph and Ed up field are a key to this, they make good/better decisions by foot and are not just kicking mindlessly to a spot.

McKay still made some silly mistakes dragging opponents to the contest.

One thing that caught my eye post match, why did we have so many SA umpires at a Crows game in Melbourne?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
Geez I thought SPS was good on the weekend.

I don't reckon I have seen him play as an assured game as what he did Saturday.
Clean with his hands, tough at the contest and skilful.

He's been good in patches but that game was all class

Reply #96
Geez I thought SPS was good on the weekend.

I don't reckon I have seen him play as an assured game as what he did Saturday.
Clean with his hands, tough at the contest and skilful.

He's been good in patches but that game was all class

Well, some of the recruiters did say he was the best player to ever come out of WA!

Big statement, but if that's his level and we can keep him we've a lot of happy times ahead!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
Well, some of the recruiters did say he was the best player to ever come out of WA!

Big statement, but if that's his level and we can keep him we've a lot of happy times ahead!

Yet SOS wanted Setters more (back then).....  ;D
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #98
Yet SOS wanted Setters more (back then).....  ;D

Seriously horse for courses, back then SPS was never going to displace the GWS midfield.

Kelly, Coniglio, Shiel, Whitfield, Greene, Scully, Smith, Taranto even Cameron as a big bodied on ball player. Maybe SPS displaces De Boar but that's only if you want to play him as a tagger, or eventually the older blokes like Ward, Johnson or Deledio, but not in the short term!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #100
A lot of fans here seem to have quickly forgotten their bagging of SOS about Setterfield and Kennedy in recent weeks! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
A lot of fans here seem to have quickly forgotten their bagging of SOS about Setterfield and Kennedy in recent weeks! :o

Not as many that have forgotten their bagging of the club for moving Bolton on  ;D

Reply #102

and Lang (who I must admit is just getting a pass - but he's had a very interrupted run at it).  and GWS rejects like Plow & Philips.  Oh yeah - and LOB who's growing every week.

Reply #103
Not as many that have forgotten their bagging of the club for moving Bolton on  ;D

The club hasn't appointed a replacement yet, don't go off too early, play the long game! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
The club hasn't appointed a replacement yet, don't go off too early, play the long game! ;)

No one said they had  ;)

I simply said a few had forgotten bagging the club relentlessly