Skip to main content
Topic: The Run Home (Read 30911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Run Home

Reply #90
1 win for the rest of the year is my tip......2 at an absolute stretch.
Looking pretty accurate. We might scare a few of them - we certainly scared Geelong and Hawthorn - but when it comes to getting over the line we look that bit short.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #91
May as well go for an early pick now. Looks like we'll probably get one too.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #92
May as well go for an early pick now. Looks like we'll probably get one too.

Realistically St Kilda is probably our last win for the year and that's in no way certain. I am going on Sunday as it is probably the last time I get to sing the song 'hopefully' for the year.

Reply #93
Wow have you guys not learned? Tanking gets you nowhere. Especially now with GWS, GC and FA. The benefits of tanking have long diminished, you need a winning culture.

I must say it's quite hilarious, most people wanted MM to win a premiership, then when he turns out to be crappola they say it's the lists fault, he needs to rebuild, now they advocate tanking.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #94
Compromised drafts are now finished Carrots. If I'm not mistaken this is the first un compromised draft since GWS and GC entered the comp. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #95
@carrots, neither our club nor any of its officials would ever advocate tanking, they're far to responsible and honest. I'm personally advocating it  :)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #96
Compromised drafts are now finished Carrots. If I'm not mistaken this is the first un compromised draft since GWS and GC entered the comp.

Still compromised, as there are compensation picks from GC and GWS still in play this year. Not as bad as last year though.

Reply #97

Still compromised, as there are compensation picks from GC and GWS still in play this year. Not as bad as last year though.

Ok, I didn't know that , do the compo picks occur before 1st round commences or at conclusion?

― Mark Twain

Reply #98

Seriously??

What a Farce!! Both squads are now on par or further advanced than the rest of the league.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #99
Wow have you guys not learned? Tanking gets you nowhere. Especially now with GWS, GC and FA. The benefits of tanking have long diminished, you need a winning culture.

I must say it's quite hilarious, most people wanted MM to win a premiership, then when he turns out to be crappola they say it's the lists fault, he needs to rebuild, now they advocate tanking.

First time for everything, but I agree.
Tanking is for Melbourne... We are Carlton.
We need to start reinventing the culture around the place, and tanking is not the way to do it. 

Reply #100

Seriously??

What a Farce!! Both squads are now on par or further advanced than the rest of the league.

Those aren't picks for GC and GWS. They are effectively free agent compos.

Reply #101

We need to start reinventing the culture around the place, and tanking is not the way to do it.

We won't need to tank to get a very early. We're well on course for one by playing our normal game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #102

We won't need to tank to get a very early. We're well on course for one by playing our normal game.

Precisely, although I'd change "playing our normal game" with "playing our usual players"

― Mark Twain