Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread (Read 20133 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #15
I'd be resting Judd this week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Sounds like Bell should be back!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Might as well give Graham a go. Robbo will miss and Army has been disappointing this year, so he can replace either one.
Id bring Jeffy back as well, not that he warrants a spot, but there really isnt anyone else.

IN: Garlett Graham
OUT: Armfield, Robinson

Reply #18
Might as well give Graham a go. Robbo will miss and Army has been disappointing this year, so he can replace either one.
Id bring Jeffy back as well, not that he warrants a spot, but there really isnt anyone else.

IN: Garlett Graham
OUT: Armfield, Robinson

Dom...I think Bell might replace Robbo...... I can see Lenny Hayes, Armitage, Clint Jones etc  pushing our blokes around ....Murphy needs some blocks and Juddy
cant do it all especially for long periods anymore..

Reply #19
Deckchairs on the Titanic spring to mind.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Don't care about the result, really I don't !!

With our season down the tube, the only thing we can get out of the year is the development of the younger guys in the hope that we can sell a future to our membership base next year.

I just want to see some changes at the selection table and I want to see the serial offenders from tonight dropped permanently. McLean & Carrazzo are the first two to go, Armfield is finished as well !!

I'm looking to the future, it is imperative that we give senior games to the young guys now who not only warrant them, but are physically capable of handling the rigours of the game.

Johnson looks like he may have a future, gave some glimpses tonight so reward that by keeping him in the team. Bring in Graham and anyone else who is fit and ready to play !!

We will lose this match, we've lost to every other team below us so we may as well complete the set.  :P

Happy to get a stronger draft position as a benefit.

Agree with all the above.

Bell must come in for Robbo, Graham for Mclean.

Carrots, Mclean, Armfield ta ta at years end. Thanks carrots for the service, but times up. Waite is gone. Judd probably gone although he's a very proud man and his missus is a fanatic where he is concerned. Can recite all his stats and loves watching him play, so I can tell you for a fact that if he gives it away it will be his decision. She won't have any input at all except to support his decision if it's to retire.

I still need to see more from Rowe. He tackled well on Sunday particularly one against Cloke, but if you watch him carefully, he is still tentative on many occasions and that continues to worry me. He needs to get some mongrel in him over the Summer.

I wish Levi had the same ability at ground level that Kruezer has. Once the ball hits the ground, he's stuffed and if he can't imp[rove on that aspect of his game, then marking alone won't be enough to secure his future.

Simmo is playing like a bloke who knows that we can't play finals this year, and time is running out. Gibbs played like the millionaire that he has become. Had he put in like he did against Geelong, we win.
I'm convinced that Jammo is not 100% fit. Walker's disposal kills us and he should be up forward. Less damage there. Hendo improved a bit on Sunday, I hope he's over his slump in form.

Anyway, at least we will get some I hope decent draft picks and an easier draw next year.

Reply #21
We can't be that far off, we push everyone. A few changes to the list, a bigger change in attitude and work ethic wouldn't have us far off.

Pleased with the improvement in Rowe and Casboult, can only get better with further time, Daisy will be fitter next year, Dockerty look good, Menzel and Buckley will take further steps, Cripps will do better with a 2nd season in him, Gartlett can only improve, Kreuzer to come back, Hendo will do way better with a preseason. A couple of decent draft picks, so half decent work ethic for a change and things can hopefully get better. That last bit is a big key, we lack it big time and it screws us alot.

Reply #22
We can't be that far off, we push everyone. A few changes to the list, a bigger change in attitude and work ethic wouldn't have us far off.

Pleased with the improvement in Rowe and Casboult, can only get better with further time, Daisy will be fitter next year, Dockerty look good, Menzel and Buckley will take further steps, Cripps will do better with a 2nd season in him, Gartlett can only improve, Kreuzer to come back, Hendo will do way better with a preseason. A couple of decent draft picks, so half decent work ethic for a change and things can hopefully get better. That last bit is a big key, we lack it big time and it screws us alot.

Good post.
It looks bleak at the moment but it's not all doom and gloom.
We picked up four good footballers this year in Docherty, Cripps, Everitt and Thomas for the loss of Betts, if we can do the same again this off season we aren't far away, not top 4 next year but up with the pack.
I don't have a problem with our work ethic, it's our poor skills which concerns me the most, particularly by foot.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23

Good post.
We picked up four good footballers this year in Docherty, Cripps, Everitt and Thomas for the loss of Betts, if we can do the same again this off season we aren't far away, not top 4 next year but up with the pack.
I don't have a problem with our work ethic, it's our poor skills which concerns me the most, particularly by foot.

If we could pick up a good quality KPF or KPD together with three class mids I would be a lot more optimistic.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24

Good post.

If we could pick up a good quality KPF or KPD together with three class mids I would be a lot more optimistic.

James Frawley is a free agent. We should be chasing hard.

Reply #25

We've needed a key forward since Sticks retired, Fevola was a goal kicker but you need a pack breaker who feeds the smaller blokes even more than someone who kicks the odd bag.
Walls, Spalding and MacLure types.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26

Docherty has to get tougher, uses the handbrake on some contests,,,

Garlett shirks too many tough situations

Casboult was the bad kicking Casboult with a funny angled run...

Kruezer...I'd be happy if he could just stay on the park....

Cripps, Holman, Buckley, Menzel will all be better..

Daisy looks shot...that ankle isnt right and he lacks pace and cant kick any distance..

Rowe....much better and is a good senior player now who can hold down a backline position.

Reply #27

Docherty has to get tougher, uses the handbrake on some contests,,,

Garlett shirks too many tough situations

Casboult was the bad kicking Casboult with a funny angled run...

Kruezer...I'd be happy if he could just stay on the park....

Cripps, Holman, Buckley, Menzel will all be better..

Daisy looks shot...that ankle isnt right and he lacks pace and cant kick any distance..

Rowe....much better and is a good senior player now who can hold down a backline position.

All can and probably will get better than than they are playing now. Daisy might not be fit now but could well be better next year. You would think so. Gartlett shirks the odd contest but can kick 40 odd when in better form, as he has before. He's finding it a bit tougher with Eddie as he's the no.1 small forward now. Betts was a gun and we miss him badly. I'm sure we'll get more out of Walker too. He's alot better when he's not in defence. We run good sides close. improved output and work ethic can only help.

Reply #28

Good post.

James Frawley is a free agent. We should be chasing hard.

At 500k a year I would agree...at 700k plus,,I think we should say No....

Reply #29
Holman  :), Graham, Bell & White IN. Robbo OUT.

Interchange from: curnow, holman, graham, mclean, armfield, johnson & bell.

promising signs with armfield & brock on the bench. hopefully them + 1 or 2 others make way for some of the Ins.