Skip to main content
Topic: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread (Read 20130 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 16 - Blues vs Saints. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #60
YEP!

That's one of the big reasons last week was such a poor crowd, it was the third Sunday night game we got this season, the novelty had worn off. Combine that with the crap way the game is being played and umpired, the weather and our seasons results and I'm surprised that there was that many.

A great side note to last weekends game is to know that even with a loss we can still hurt Collingwood. >:D

Furthermore,  am suffering from something I never thought possible, "footy overload". I can no longer muster interest to watch games of footy, in which Carlton aren't  playing, for more than 5 consecutive mins.

Is it footy overload or crap footy overload?

I found myself enjoying the game last night especially the last quarter, any game with Port I enjoy also and the Brisbane North game last week also kept my interest.

Probably both ie Crap and overload. My wife changes channel to footy expecting I'd want to watch it but I just CBB. I'm just over the way it's adminstered and all the angst that goes with it. Also the game has become almost robotic, the characters are gone, and there's no games of which the result meaningfully effect our prospects so I just CBB.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #61
The umpiring is deadset ridiculous.  I've seen blokes tackled in the process of trying to drop boot to ball with the result of ball in dispute and play on when it should have been holding the ball, or incorrect disposal at least five times in the last quarter in the Port vs Bombers match.  It's frustrating.  Clear as day incorrect disposal and nothing.  Blokes handing the footy off, it's not what the sports about.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
What is with Bell being the sub!?

He's not an impact player. We need him running around bashing bodies from the first bounce. He needs to be told to run with Juddy, and belt up anyone who lays a finger on him. Not strap on the green vest!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.