Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #75
New innovation on the website. Shane McInnes and Rob Wiley talking through the team.  Looks good but old Shano has a real touch of the Bryan  Strauchans about his looks and mannerisms!!

Reply #76
Probably should post it up :D
B: 18. Kristian Jaksch, 40. Michael Jamison, 17. Sam Rowe

HB: 15. Sam Docherty, 42. Zach Tuohy, 43. Simon White

C: 6. Kade Simpson, 5. Chris Judd, 39. Dale Thomas

HF: 3. Marc Murphy (C), 14. Liam Jones, 25. Clem Smith

F: 13. Chris Yarran, 23. Lachie Henderson, 2. Troy Menzel

Followers: 36. Cameron Wood, 4. Bryce Gibbs, 9. Patrick Cripps

Interchange: 28. Tom Bell, 44. Andrew Carrazzo, 35. Ed Curnow, 33. Andrejs Everitt

Emergencies: 41. Levi Casboult, 46. David Ellard, 22. Jason Tutt

Reply #79
So it's Levi who has made way for Jones? Not happy Jan. Bloke has a ripping preseason, gets himself fitter than he's ever been and this is his reward? Unless he's injured? Happy to see Crippa there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
So it's Levi who has made way for Jones? Not happy Jan. Bloke has a ripping preseason, gets himself fitter than he's ever been and this is his reward? Unless he's injured? Happy to see Crippa there.

Not having Levi on the list was a surprise to me too. I was thinking what you posted immediately. He at least helps Wood with the ruck work and is a good target up forward.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #81
Strange that the team places on the video are totally different to the one they published on the site!!

Don't mind that little video.
Doesn't give much away...doesn't talk about match-ups or anything so Richmond can take nothing from it.
I'd suspect those positions are closer to how they'll line -up than the announced team.

I reckon Casboult will play ;)

Reply #82

Read that bold part in regards to Jones. ;)

Reply #83
Read that bold part in regards to Jones. ;)

Jones is a third banana. Levi is a key forward that can have stints in the ruck. Levi has more upside.

I'm not sure what you're comparing Jones' preseason to? It's his first year with us. In the end after the comments made in the preseason about Jones, a few would've looked like right fools had he not been selected. Just another example of our once great club publicly backing itself into a corner. Been happening for years.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84
I don't think Casboult will play.  Rowe will provide support to Wood in the ruck.

It's not ideal, particularly for Rowe, but I don't think Casboult has done enough to earn a spot.  Hopefully, he'll work harder and force his way back.

Agree on Rowe and its a dumb move IMO...Rowe plays his best footy down back.
I would have played Boekhorst ahead of Smith as well.....and as the sub....like Smiths attack on the footy but Boekhorst is more
polished with the footy and both Jones and Henderson need good delivery...

Reply #85
I'm rapt to see Clem Smith get a game.
When he was drafted the word was that he was overweight, had no tank and was maybe a bit lazy, so he must have busted a gut to be playing round 1 and I wish him all the best for his first game for the Mighty Blues.
I'm happier to see Casboult out of the side than in it to be honest, he either takes a mark or is out of the contest.
A bit like Brad Fisher but Fish was a better kick.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #86
Jones is a third banana. Levi is a key forward that can have stints in the ruck. Levi has more upside.

I'm not sure what you're comparing Jones' preseason to? It's his first year with us. In the end after the comments made in the preseason about Jones, a few would've looked like right fools had he not been selected. Just another example of our once great club publicly backing itself into a corner. Been happening for years.

Don't get me wrong, i want Casboult in the team. But many a statement was made about how fit Jones was and how he took it upon himself, in his holiday time, to get himself fit and firing. Training on his own 6 days a week. That shows dedication and determination.

What was produced in the NAB challenge games does not put 1 clearly above the other. They've made a call, a call in which they may have debated over for days. We'll see how well it pans out.

If you think that the match committee chose Jones over Casboult simply because there was some media attention focused on Jones, you are in for a long and conspiracy filled year!

Reply #87
Yeah, surprised to see Casboult miss out, if only for his 2nd ruck duties, could be a late change.
Also suprised to see Clem ahead of Tutt, Boekhurst and Buckley. I'm guessing he is most likely to get the red vest.

Some were questioning Docherty's pre-season, he must be doing something right to get a gig.
Happy to see Bell in the team, I like what he brings. With Casboult out, Everitt I'm guessing will likely play forward in a 3rd tall roll.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #88
Don't get me wrong, i want Casboult in the team. But many a statement was made about how fit Jones was and how he took it upon himself, in his holiday time, to get himself fit and firing. Training on his own 6 days a week. That shows dedication and determination.

What was produced in the NAB challenge games does not put 1 clearly above the other. They've made a call, a call in which they may have debated over for days. We'll see how well it pans out.

If you think that the match committee chose Jones over Casboult simply because there was some media attention focused on Jones, you are in for a long and conspiracy filled year!

You have to admit, there was no way he wasn't playing. :))

Anyway, let's hope Cas is a late change and both he and Jones kick 4 in a 5 goals win. That would be really sweet.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
White is the surprise. I'd play Casboult in preference to White, with a midfielder taking the red vest.

The danger is that Rowe or Jaksch get the wobbles, so we need the flexibility to put Henderson into defence.