Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50405 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #120
Hendo's best - he's an A grader.

HHendo's worst (and he's not Robinson Carusoe) - he shouldn't be on our list!

Is that the Italian castaway?

I agree with your assessment though.  He is generally at his best in defence and rarely plays a poor game.  When he is on his game as a forward he is pretty damn good but he can go missing too often.

I reckon he should be switched to defence early if he seems to be off his game.  Of course that means we have to have another defender who can be effective as a forward.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #121
Maybe give Jaksch a run forward in this instance?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/kristian-jaksch

Kristian Jaksch was drafted with pick 12 from the Oakleigh Chargers in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft. A tall forward who can also play in defence, Jaksch is extremely strong overhead and uses the ball well when in defence. Jaksch is a member of the exclusive group of players who’ve kicked a goal with their first kick in the AFL after debuting against Richmond in Round 22, 2013.

Season Preview

Limited by a knee injury at the start of last season, Jaksch returned to kick some big bags of goals in the NEAFL and ultimately earn his AFL debut in round 22. Registering a goal with his first kick in the seniors, the key-forward prospect played the final two games of the season and will be aiming for more chances this year.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/kristian-jaksch#sthash.aKz334r4.dpuf
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #122
How about having a crack at the Tigers' list - and yet most scribes are calling them in the mix for top 8, some top 4.

Ill have a crack at their list.

They are about where we are.

We should win fairly easily.

The write up of mine regarding where we are at is largely representative of my opinion of why we are at best in that middle region of the ladder between 6 and 12 depending on results, draw, form, injury etc.

When you consider of those players I mentioned, 3 are considered as part of our best side (generally Bell, Casboult and Curnow) and will have to be as we start to lose the elder statesmen, it reads for how far away from a premiership we are.

Whether we do well this week, month or year is not my concern.  Im looking for a flag, and although some of the above could be the blokes in a bottom 6 in a flag winning side, we would need a remarkable turnaround to get into flag contention.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #123
Interestingly the Tiggers have left out Vickery as we appear to have done with Casboult. Maybe both teams looking for pace to win the game?

Considering the last time we played the tigers, they won by 2 goals, and vickery kicked 4.1, i reckon that works out in our favour!

Reply #124
The Talk has been positive without being over confident

We had less surgeries, great preparation, "players haven't missed a beat" and had the majority complete full preseasons. Our Best players are up and running and Fit.

We have some very good experienced players and some very good mix of youth.

Had 2 years under the supposed "Malthouse" system.

No Excuses tonight, I think there is a funny sense of confidence coming from Princes Park, I can't quite put my finger on it.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #125
Maybe give Jaksch a run forward in this instance?

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/kristian-jaksch

Kristian Jaksch was drafted with pick 12 from the Oakleigh Chargers in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft. A tall forward who can also play in defence, Jaksch is extremely strong overhead and uses the ball well when in defence. Jaksch is a member of the exclusive group of players who’ve kicked a goal with their first kick in the AFL after debuting against Richmond in Round 22, 2013.

Season Preview

Limited by a knee injury at the start of last season, Jaksch returned to kick some big bags of goals in the NEAFL and ultimately earn his AFL debut in round 22. Registering a goal with his first kick in the seniors, the key-forward prospect played the final two games of the season and will be aiming for more chances this year.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/kristian-jaksch#sthash.aKz334r4.dpuf

Been playing back all season and played mainly back at GWS, reckon Rowe and Henderson will do the swingman role if neccessary...also might depend how Richmond lineup.

Reply #126
The Talk has been positive without being over confident

We had less surgeries, great preparation, "players haven't missed a beat" and had the majority complete full preseasons. Our Best players are up and running and Fit.

We have some very good experienced players and some very good mix of youth.

Had 2 years under the supposed "Malthouse" system.

No Excuses tonight, I think there is a funny sense of confidence coming from Princes Park, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yep, been dreading the season but looking over the Richmond list and knowing Richmond's habit of crapting themselves playing us, I actually feel somewhat confident today (which is probably a huge jinx).

Bring it on  8)

Reply #127
I had Buckley & Casboult in our best 22 so it is either good they didn't make the cut because other players stepped up and there is now competition for places, or it is bad because they are not working hard enough at training. I am also concerned that Blue4Life thinks Fish was a better kick than Casboult. My main concern out of the Geelong game was the lack of harassment in our forward line, obviously Clem smith could address this issue. The games have been pretty close over the last few years with Richmond often getting out front and us coming over the top. i think our lists are pretty equal but I think we have had a bit more depth. I thought Richmond would do pretty well this year but i have gone off them over the past couple of years, so my prediction is Carlton by 5 goals and Richmond to finish 9th.

Reply #128
My prediction? Well I dont share any of the optimism many do on here. For me it I reckon it will be same old same old. Another poor start to the year with pants pulled down in front of a big crowd at the G by a team I despise and dont rate at all.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #129
I dont rate Richmond and think we should win....think we can hold their mids but am concerned we dont have the goalkicking power we need with
Henderson out of touch, Jones new to the gameplan leaving only Menzel as a reliable source.
Hoping Everitt will have a 2-3 goal game and our mids can do what the Richmond mids do and kick a few more goals..
The Footy show suggested our mids as a group kick about 30 odd goals a year to the Tigers mids sixty....we need to improve in that area..
Blues by 15 points...

Reply #130
The Footy show suggested our mids as a group kick about 30 odd goals a year to the Tigers mids sixty....we need to improve in that area..
Blues by 15 points...

I don't pay much attention to TFS but that statistic is probably correct and, if so, does need to be addressed.  However, I would be interested to see how our defenders compare in terms of goal kicking.  In fact, our defenders would have to be scoring quite well because our forwards haven't done much damage  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #131
Interested to watch how we use Juddy tonight.  Time on, time off, time forward.  I think he'll be on the park a lot more than in previous years.

Reply #132
With all the negativity to us you would think Bitchmond was playing
the  Aints.I believe we have  a more than capable list to beat this mob .Bring it on  ;)  

Reply #133
With all the negativity to us you would think Bitchmond was playing
the  Aints.I believe we have  a more than capable list to beat this mob .Bring it on  ;)

We actually, on paper, have a list that can smash this mob.

Jones and Hendo 4 each. Menz 3, Clem 2, Juddy a few, ditto Andrejs, Yazz and Tommy B.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #134
No Warnock or Casboult (Emerg.) so Wood to ruck all game?

Rowe, Jones and Everitt options.

Everitt, White, Cripps, Rowe and Jaksch can all play forward to add to Henderson and Jones so this is why I left Casboult out of my original team.