Skip to main content
Topic: MEMO TO MICK - "Put All Of The Fringe Players In For The Rest Of The Season" (Read 4118 times) previous topic - next topic

MEMO TO MICK - "Put All Of The Fringe Players In For The Rest Of The Season"

We are not going to play finals, that is a fact.

We are about to embark on a rebuild, that is also a fact.

We have a dilapidated list, that is an undeniable fact.

Therefore, it is my belief that Mick Malthouse should give every one of the older fringe players on the list the chance to redeem themselves or better still, drastically improve their perceived trade value.

Watson, Jones, Tutt, Carrazzo, Armfield, Ellard, Tuohy, Jamison, Rowe, Warnock & Walker can withstand the rigours of senior footy, they have the fitness base & body development for that.

Whilst it is great to see Cripps, Smith and others in the seniors, just give them three game bursts and then send them back to the seconds, we don't want to blow them out just yet. Besides, there is every chance that they will be playing way more senior footy next year anyway.  

I am not interested in wins this season, all I care about is (a) getting the #1 pick in the draft, (b) looking after the nucleus of young players we have at the club, & (c) giving those older players one last chance to redeem themselves. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: MEMO TO MICK - "Put All Of The Fringe Players In For The Rest Of The Season"

Reply #1
Sheik it makes sense to play as many players as possible. Adding trade value to players can come back to repay our chances of trading for quality. Picks or players. It makes a mess of team balance, but you can't sit someone on the bench all season and expect other sides to offer anything in a trade situation.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Re: MEMO TO MICK - "Put All Of The Fringe Players In For The Rest Of The Season"

Reply #2
I agree in giving the kids ago, but not this early in the season.  They also need to be ready to play at senior level

Worst thing you cn do is throw them in when they are not ready.  Could set them back in their development

Reply #3
I disagree Sheik, we cannot sacrifice gametime for the kids in the hope that we may get a better pick for an older type because they play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Unfortunately, we can't trade to ourselves because that's about the only club that would be fooled by this.

Reply #5
MEMO TO MICK - Ignore everything the shiek says.  >:D

Reply #6
MEMO TO MICK - Ignore everything the shiek says.  >:D

Harsh Kruddler, harsh but fair  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball