Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon (Read 72331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 3 Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #150
Just before the game would be better.

Reply #151
Be good if WADA announced on Thurs or Fri that it was going to appeal.  >:D

Or a rumour to that effect swept through social media  >:D
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #152
Or a rumour to that effect swept through social media  >:D

Sounds like a cunning plan!  8)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #153
Good old Steven Dank stirring the Essendon crap pot atm on Sky news.

Reply #154
Is everybody pleased with Rowe? A more overrated player I have not seen.

Ellard, Smith, Tutt should also depart.

Armfield, Graham, Watson and Walker in, with Hendo CHB and Watson CHF.

Reply #156
Bizarre interview with Alan Jones... Probably belongs in the other thread.

Threw Doc Read under the bus.

Reply #157
Is everybody pleased with Rowe? A more overrated player I have not seen.

Ellard, Smith, Tutt should also depart.

Armfield, Graham, Watson and Walker in, with Hendo CHB and Watson CHF.

I am not concerned with Rowe. He will find form once he finds some confidence. He needs to defend and not be used forward. I like the thought of Henderson down back, and Watson up forward. Armfield can give us some run. Smith needs times in the seconds to develop and get some confidence in his game. Tutt is one I really don't know what we are going to get. Tutt and Jones could be our biggest gamble yet. If they don't do something early this season, I will be convinced Mick is a moron.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #158
Is everybody pleased with Rowe? A more overrated player I have not seen...............................................

Rowe had a very good season last year and I was as pleased as punch with the level he got to.

I really hope he continues on from last season, and that the first few weeks this year are just an aberration. I would hate to think he is a one hit wonder.

Come on Sammy - make us proud son !

Reply #159
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-has-to-play-the-kids-at-carlton-to-keep-his-job/story-fni5f08l-1227303891479

Jon Ralph... Why don't they play this kid, that kid, the other.... Clem Smith - wait a minute - why play that kid? He's clearly not ready.

In doing so he could not have more perfectly defeated the main point of his own argument.

Reply #160
The only team selection strategy that makes sense is that you pick the 22 players that will give you the best chance of winning the game at hand. Everything else is folly.

Reply #161
Rowe had a very good season last year and I was as pleased as punch with the level he got to.

I really hope he continues on from last season, and that the first few weeks this year are just an aberration. I would hate to think he is a one hit wonder.

Come on Sammy - make us proud son !

Bret Thornton developed an ultra negative mindset through being our only decent defender in a team getting flogged every week.

He passed that on to Jamo who came into the club fine but quickly acquired Thornton's capacity to sh1t his own pants at the earliest possible opportunity.

Rowe also shows signs of being fine when things are running his way but playing completely differently when his confidence slips even a little bit. You can tell when they start punching instead of marking simple opportunities and dropping chest marks.

Just keep going for your grabs ! Who cares if you make a mistake. Back yourselves for fork sake.

Reply #162
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouse-has-to-play-the-kids-at-carlton-to-keep-his-job/story-fni5f08l-1227303891479

Jon Ralph... Why don't they play this kid, that kid, the other.... Clem Smith - wait a minute - why play that kid? He's clearly not ready.

In doing so he could not have more perfectly defeated the main point of his own argument.

You failing here is that you expect journos to make well-reasoned articles. They do not.

This kind of logic had me wondering if there was some logic to some of Micks bizarre words of late. Specifically in regards to potential contract talks.

Does Mick Malthouse of now, pick the same exact team that a Mick Malthouse with another year or 2 to go on his contract would? Does he play players that are in his best interests now or does he play players that are in the best interests for the club long term even if he is not here passed this year.

I think that is the 'big distraction' that a coaches contract talks present.

Reply #163
You failing here is that you expect journos to make well-reasoned articles. They do not.

This kind of logic had me wondering if there was some logic to some of Micks bizarre words of late. Specifically in regards to potential contract talks.

Does Mick Malthouse of now, pick the same exact team that a Mick Malthouse with another year or 2 to go on his contract would? Does he play players that are in his best interests now or does he play players that are in the best interests for the club long term even if he is not here passed this year.

I think that is the 'big distraction' that a coaches contract talks present.

I think that it also plays a part in injury management/treatment.  The inexplicable decision to take the 'conservative' approach with Daisy's shoulder for example.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #164

Smith was the wrong kid to play.....good attack on the footy doesnt mean he is ready, he  doesnt read the play well and his kicking is poor, he is also very small.
Boekhorst is a much more polished footballer and was the ideal sub.....he is older , more ready and should have played...
Whiley should play this week..190cm bigger bodied and we will need that vs Essendon.
When Cripps is fit I want him back in and in the middle with Whiley.....Bell can Rotate with them, we need bigger stronger bodies to combat the other teams bigger mids......how many times did Priddis get the ball away because we couldnt bring him down?....McIntosh from Richmond was the same..no one could hang a tackle on his bigger frame.

Watch Jobe this week....he will stand up in tackles and give the ball off if we dont man him up with a decent sized opponent.....
I'm happy to play kids but well built kids ..not schoolboys who look like a deer in the headlights...