Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92636 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #315
Had a gutfull last night over the gushing over Essendon, saying how it was a stirring come from behind victory blah, blah blah, blah.

Carlton lost the game, Essendon did not win it!

How any self respecting AFL commentator can look at 10 more shots on goal and think Essendon played well is kidding themselves.

Reply #316
Am kinda glad it was not on fta tv in sa.

Play kids, use our picks wisely.

We should also withdraw from finals if we are still sitting 9th come next Monday (assuming the jabbers cop their first round of penalties).

Reply #317
@Ray

Ray I was chatting to some Bummer fans on the train going home after the game and even they said exactly the same thing - Carlton threw it away.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #318
Have read about 2 post's of this thread, I don't want to re-live it.

I don't think I have ever been so angry in my life than after this game.

I hate losing to Essendumb at the best of times, but as things are at the moment ....

It wasn't just the appalling kicking for goal, the bigger issue for me was that when the game was in the balance and up for grabs in the last qtr, we did not even give a whimper.

Pathetic.

No point saying much more, it's probably already been said.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #319
Had a gutfull last night over the gushing over Essendon, saying how it was a stirring come from behind victory blah, blah blah, blah.

How any self respecting AFL commentator can look at 10 more shots on goal and think Essendon played well is kidding themselves.

How many of us were expecting us to lose at 3/4 time. I wasn't at all surprised it happened.

Reply #320
TBH the thing that struck me was seeing highlights of it on the Sunday Footy Show the next morning. Usually I'd switch it off and wouldn't be able to handle it but I sat there and watched and it dawned on me. I don't give as much of a fk any more. The club has pi55ed me off to the point where i don't get as beat up over a loss, it doesn't mean as much to me.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #321

How many of us were expecting us to lose at 3/4 time. I wasn't at all surprised it happened.

Most of us have seen this thing happen before. Even I was saying we will lose this while the kids were convinced we would win. How can you lose dad being 22 points up.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #322
First off, we had 7 of our best 22 not playing, then Brock Maclean went down in the first quarter. Second, except for 20 mins in the second quarter and about 10 minutes in the last, we played all over them. Finally, it was only when we decided to knock Simpson out, the only Carlton player actually trying to win the game for us, did Essendon get over the top of us.

Pretty much agree with that - we did more than enough to win this game by 5 or 6 goals. 

I remember David Parkin a few years back talking about his time in footy as a player, coach, commentator and mentor. He said that every single aspect and skill required of an AFL player had improved considerably over his time in the game, except goal kicking.