Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #135
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Nup - that's a cop-out mbb. Our blokes do not work hard enough for long enough, they pick 'n choose when they wanna crack in. Who leads? Who gut runs? Who works hard to be an option downfield? Where are our blokes around the stoppages? Where are our loose blokes on the counter-attack? Don't make easy excuses for them mbb, they don't deserve it.

Not sure how saying we're not very good is making an excuse?

Ummmm.....'cos they could be good if they actually worked hard enough to be good & showed they wanted to be good, for the most part - most of them do neither. So yes, simply saying they're not very good is a simplistic cop-out for them.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #136
Totally agree Thry,
 Mick must be wondering what the feck he has got himself into.

Without a shadow of a doubt.....unfortunately I don't think Mick knows how to fix it, it's in that bad a shape.

Reply #137
Sorry I don't want to read 10 pages so if it's reposted so be it. This club has for as long as I can remember been a soft adversary when the going gets tough.

If MM wants to sacrifice at the draft table he has my full support.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #138
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Nup - that's a cop-out mbb. Our blokes do not work hard enough for long enough, they pick 'n choose when they wanna crack in. Who leads? Who gut runs? Who works hard to be an option downfield? Where are our blokes around the stoppages? Where are our loose blokes on the counter-attack? Don't make easy excuses for them mbb, they don't deserve it.
Thats what i was so pi55ed off with too Brettie.
No-one wanted to run hard enough for long enough. Thats why we had to bomb the ball so often and were so easy to read.
Can someone explain to me our game plan?

How many times did Murph stream into the forward 50, only to meekly pop the ball up in the air to a 2-1 contest against? Is he fcuking retarded?

Reply #139
Sorry I don't want to read 10 pages so if it's reposted so be it. This club has for as long as I can remember been a soft adversary when the going gets tough.

If MM wants to sacrifice at the draft table he has my full support.

That comment is soooooooo page 2 of this thread :D

Agree though.....the list is an open slather......to slash & burn at will.

Reply #140
Only 53000 there tonight, and thats being generous.  I can recall such a poor turnout for such a big game.  It was pretty much an even split.   It of a message for both clubs in that i think.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #141

No-one wanted to run hard enough for long enough. Thats why we had to bomb the ball so often and were so easy to read.

How many times did Murph stream into the forward 50, only to meekly pop the ball up in the air to a 2-1 contest against? Is he fcuking retarded?

And the 1 was often Betts with the 2 being six+ footers! Wtf is wrong with these blokes, it's not farkin rocket surgery!

Reply #142
First order of business
Murphy to stand down, sorry mate but it's not your bag
Tonight showed me who should be the skipper, Simmo

Reply #143

This^^^^. Gibbs and Murphy are the worst of the lot, they do not chase, they jog, they don't sprint hard to fill the gaps, they stroll in the other direction hoping the opposition turn the ball over and they get a cheap stat. Murphy at least tried to win a few centre clearances in the last term but these two just don't work hard enough defensively. I would happily trade Marc Murphy for the #1 pick with little or no hesitation and I'd swap Gibbs for a top 5 pick no probs and I'd be happy to ditch them both this season for those picks.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #144

Our game plan is to ignore fantastic attacking options through the middle and kick to one on ones down the boundary. The amount of time we have a great option and ignore it to go to a one on one is so frustrating aint no way that game plan is going to get you a premiership nowadays.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145
The problem is that we think we can play like 'Mandrake the Magician' but have the skill and decision making ability of 'Bozo the Clown'

They try to do flashy, high risk things often choosing the wrong option (shots for goal rather than giving it off, handballing to players under pressure) when there are better alternatives.

Keep it simple....but that sometimes requires a degree of hard work.
The majority of our players seem to fall into two groups.
One lot has the skills....but don't work hard enough for long enough.
The other work really hard but totally lack the skills.

Reply #146
The problem is that we think we can play like 'Mandrake the Magician' but have the skill and decision making ability of 'Bozo the Clown'

They try to do flashy, high risk things often choosing the wrong option (shots for goal rather than giving it off, handballing to players under pressure) when there are better alternatives.

Keep it simple....but that sometimes requires a degree of hard work.
The majority of our players seem to fall into two groups.
One lot has the skills....but don't work hard enough for long enough.
The other work really hard but totally lack the skills.
Nice accurate summation Lodes ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #147
Im gob smacked as to how people can continue backing the players and pointing at the coach.  These guys did the exact same thing when Ratten was coaching for his career and finals were on the line last year.  A season on and our coach has been with this mob for less than 12 months and these guys have done it again with finals on the line again.

The players lost me when they failed to rally behind the coach.  Why?  Because they are a group that have been molly coddled to the point that they can only play well when everything is going to plan.

Miss a few shots at goal and the collective crap their dacks.

Its time for us to back someone to do whatever it takes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #148
I'd say its kick more goals than:
1. The opposition
2. Your Behinds Column
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #149
Totally agree Thry,
 Mick must be wondering what the feck he has got himself into.

Without a shadow of a doubt.....unfortunately I don't think Mick knows how to fix it, it's in that bad a shape.
I have never seen MM react like that in the box, i'd guess that he feels thats the worst loss of a football game he has ever been associated with (GF's included).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th