Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #210
In a way, we are worse off than the scum because they will still have a good side when Hird returns in 12 months time, better than ours anyway. In 12 months time we could be without Judd, Scotland, Carrazzo and even possibly Simpson. We will have zero leadership left at the club.

The annoying thing was that last night our average age and games played was higher than the dons.

I think we are paying the price for not playing the kids in '10 and '11 plus the not so savage list cuts in over the last 3 years.

There has been the wrong kind of pressure for the boys to perform.

Reply #211
Last time we met this team Waite kicked a lazy 7 goals out of the 10 we managed.

Yet all game that's right all game he plays defence while we struggle to put goals on the board. :-\

Not enough being said about this.

The team is insipid no doubt but MM is not half the coach he was. 

I love his passion and loved watching him go mad every now and then when coaching the pies but his weekly demeanor suggests something is very wrong.

Standing in the box, hitting and throwing things, incorporative press conferences all point to a man who has lost control as its obvious he has no way of getting the success most thought he would. Being such a proud man he is so bloody frustrated he can't hide it. I think he took this gig quietly thinking he inherited a Geelong that with with him giving the odd spray and maybe just his presence he could get us further then our previous coach. WRONG.

So how do we buy ourself out of this one?  Buying at the time the best player in the comp failed. Sacking our nutcase FF failed didnt do much. Sacking a past legend and buying the most expensive coach in the afl will ultimately be another fail.

We are in a heap of sh1t. Sorry but being a big player in this years draft is not going to fix this mess. It time to start again. Its not top up time. A heap of pain ahead. Murphy being our captain pretty much sums up what we are about. If he doesn't stand down at years end the club must make the decision for him.

I have been feeling in for the last 18 months so this is no knee jerk one bad loss reaction but I am over the afl and worse I'm over my team. 

They both stand for nothing and treat supporters like fools.

Not anymore. Might still watch our game if I have nothing else going on but there will be no membership, no going to games, no watching daily rubbish footy shows-all this is gone for good.

Time to move on.
Shhh, Shawny people here get upset if you even think that the coach should take any blame for a wasted year  ;)

Agree 100% on Waite sitting in defense all night, he frrrkn owned Carlisle in the last game  >:(

Exactly, what are people so upset about.

Everyone has given Mick 12 months leeway so what does this loss matter. Can't have it both ways.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #212
A question to the moderators of this forum and anyone else who might know, does anyone in authority at the club read this forum.

Mick claims he doesn't, but if some of the board do, I hope they accept the comments on here for what they are.

Firstly, they are our opportunity to vent.

But more importantly, they are our only real outlet as paid up members or even larger financial contributors through coterie groups, to let the powers that be at the club know, that what has been served up this year has been woeful.

WE want them to know that unlike James Hird, who last night took 1% responsibility for having his players injected with drugs, the side effects of which won't be known for years, they must accept 100% responsibility for the heartache and angst that they have provided us this year.

They must accept 100% responsibility for their lack of foresight, poor recruiting, and  employment of skills coaches that don't have the ability or capacity to teach our players the skills of the game.

The buck stops at the top. For too long, CFC has been an old boys club. The anal orifice licking, has been sickening to watch.

There needs to be a complete clean out from the President down, and the Board needs to consist of hardened businessmen, dare I say it, of the calibre of Paul little, who don't settle for second best.

It's been a long 2013. I remember in 1964, our 100th year in the VFL, rather than uplift the club, we had our worst ever finish up to that point in time, finishing tenth.

I fear that unless radical action is taken, there will more of the same in our 150th. year.

Reply #213
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove this membership right up your farking collective a55es.
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Simmo, you are a gem but the rest of you can go and get farked !!
BB you echo my exact thoughts, except the Richmond thing... reckon I'm going to get on the Gold Coast Suns.

might be geelong for me. CFC is like an ex wife - lots of good memories, but cant put down the bottle

Reply #214
I think Malthouse/match committee/whoever made the call to bring in Joseph stuffed up. How many run with players did we have last night? This was magnified when McLean went down. We were breaking down along the wings because we had no option to kick to because our guys didn't want to leave who they were tagging.

TBH I don't know WTF MM was thinking bringing in Duigan and Joseph. They're not the future and they won't be here next year. Duigan cracked in hard at times and Joseph wasn't awful however, this is not in line with developing the side.

You miss the point, the Match Committee consists of Sticks Swan McKay MM and Wiley

Assuming the MC makes majority decisions, it is possible that MM and Wiley did not want Joseph at least.

We have a President and CEO that does Board and Football matters.

Carlton is a dinosaur.
Alot of assumptions that you, me and everyone here no fark all about. Happy to hear constructive criticism but suggesting stuff based on assumptions and possibility doesnt sit right with me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #215
Last time we met this team Waite kicked a lazy 7 goals out of the 10 we managed.

Yet all game that's right all game he plays defence while we struggle to put goals on the board. :-\

Not enough being said about this.

The team is insipid no doubt but MM is not half the coach he was. 

I love his passion and loved watching him go mad every now and then when coaching the pies but his weekly demeanor suggests something is very wrong.

Standing in the box, hitting and throwing things, incorporative press conferences all point to a man who has lost control as its obvious he has no way of getting the success most thought he would. Being such a proud man he is so bloody frustrated he can't hide it. I think he took this gig quietly thinking he inherited a Geelong that with with him giving the odd spray and maybe just his presence he could get us further then our previous coach. WRONG.

So how do we buy ourself out of this one?  Buying at the time the best player in the comp failed. Sacking our nutcase FF failed didnt do much. Sacking a past legend and buying the most expensive coach in the afl will ultimately be another fail.

We are in a heap of sh1t. Sorry but being a big player in this years draft is not going to fix this mess. It time to start again. Its not top up time. A heap of pain ahead. Murphy being our captain pretty much sums up what we are about. If he doesn't stand down at years end the club must make the decision for him.

I have been feeling in for the last 18 months so this is no knee jerk one bad loss reaction but I am over the afl and worse I'm over my team. 

They both stand for nothing and treat supporters like fools.

Not anymore. Might still watch our game if I have nothing else going on but there will be no membership, no going to games, no watching daily rubbish footy shows-all this is gone for good.

Time to move on.
Shhh, Shawny people here get upset if you even think that the coach should take any blame for a wasted year  ;)

Agree 100% on Waite sitting in defense all night, he frrrkn owned Carlisle in the last game  >:(

Exactly, what are people so upset about.

Everyone has given Mick 12 months leeway so what does this loss matter. Can't have it both ways.
Who's everyone? I was expecting half a season to "adjust to the new gameplan", and then start noticing improvement but it's actually gone the other way  :-\ .  The Board expected "to strike in the next couple of years".  Do you think we will be in a position "to strike" next year?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #216
@goat

I agree with you mate. I had the same expectations but from round 1 the warning signs were there that not a lot has changed.

Many supporters are backing Mick just because its him, and the excuse is well he needs 12 months. Well if that is the case last nights result shouldn't matter to those who think that way.

Yet here we are with 14 or so pages of vitriol directed at everyone. Now I'm sure some of these posters are backing Mick's 3 year plan. So why so disappointed? Isn't this part off he Process?

#united #reset

Reply #217
I think we can safely dismiss 'the process' as a load of BS, don't think we'll be hearing Mick talk about that again.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #218
@goat

I agree with you mate. I had the same expectations but from round 1 the warning signs were there that not a lot has changed.

Many supporters are backing Mick just because its him, and the excuse is well he needs 12 months. Well if that is the case last nights result shouldn't matter to those who think that way.

Yet here we are with 14 or so pages of vitriol directed at everyone. Now I'm sure some of these posters are backing Mick's 3 year plan. So why so disappointed? Isn't this part off he Process?
Do you believe we will be in a position to strike in 2015?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #220
@goat

more like stroke

Reply #221
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Got tired of reading all the rants and decided to stop at the first post that best described the situation. 8 pages before I came across it. You can say all you like about how p!ssweak we were but the truth is they were contesting, they were putting in and they were having a crack. We are just not good enough. The writing was on the wall as soon as our 'gun' inclusion Duigan missed his first 2 sprays/shots on goal and when Brock went down. By the time the 3rd quarter came around 4 goals 8 was no surprise and the last quarter fadeout was inevitable. God awful result but lets face it unless the CFC plays at it's optimum level for 100% of the time these results are going to be as common as bird droppings.

Reply #222
@Goat

Mate, I don't think anyone can really answer that question until we've seen what happens with FA/Trade/Drafts. We need to be very very busy in all of these.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #223
@goat

Not with the current coaching set up... Nope

#united #reset

Reply #224
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.

Got tired of reading all the rants and decided to stop at the first post that best described the situation. 8 pages before I came across it. You can say all you like about how p!ssweak we were but the truth is they were contesting, they were putting in and they were having a crack. We are just not good enough. The writing was on the wall as soon as our 'gun' inclusion Duigan missed his first 2 sprays/shots on goal and when Brock went down. By the time the 3rd quarter came around 4 goals 8 was no surprise and the last quarter fadeout was inevitable. God awful result but lets face it unless the CFC plays at it's optimum level for 100% of the time these results are going to be as common as bird droppings.

Both spot on. I would also add that being not good enough includes being not mentally tough enough or physically fit enough to play/compete at the level required in today's football.
Reality always wins in the end.