Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92894 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #255
Not fit enough!!

Too many fade out, too often overrun.

You can look mentally soft when you are physically weaker than the opposition. They have no belief in their ability to run out a game.

They need to have the off season mantra of 'fittest and strongest' in preparation for 2014.

Dick always said get the best, now find the best conditioning coach in the business here or OS.
Jamison in particular looked like he was dead set gonna die in the last qtr.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #256
Fair enough Big Jack.

Then I ask the Question again. Why pay out Ratts at $900k or whatever and bring in mick for $3 mill if we fundamentally can't improve the players we have. Seems like a waste of money... no?

Because Mick knows how to build a list and run a club.

If this is indeed the case (and admittedly has been proven), then 2014 is gonna be a VERY big year for Mick.....very big.
I fear for his mental well being after accepting coaching this rabble.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #257
As a CFC reserved seat, social club member for 26 years, buyer of umpteen expensive bloody raffle tickets, etc., etc., I deserve better than what I had to witness last night. It was disgusting!!!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #258
FMD, 9 times this year we have had to activate the sub in the first or second qtrs (4 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd) and we have lost all 9 games.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #259
As a CFC reserved seat, social club member for 26 years, buyer of umpteen expensive bloody raffle tickets, etc., etc., I deserve better than what I had to witness last night. It was disgusting!!!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Same with 43 years membership.... >:(

Reply #260
Why so upset everyone.?
Add Judd, Kreuzer, Walker, Garlett, McLean and whoever else was out and me may have just kicked the extra 7 behinds we needed :)

Reply #261
@goat

I agree with you mate. I had the same expectations but from round 1 the warning signs were there that not a lot has changed.

Many supporters are backing Mick just because its him, and the excuse is well he needs 12 months. Well if that is the case last nights result shouldn't matter to those who think that way.

Yet here we are with 14 or so pages of vitriol directed at everyone. Now I'm sure some of these posters are backing Mick's 3 year plan. So why so disappointed? Isn't this part off he Process?
Do you believe we will be in a position to strike in 2015?

Not with the current coaching set up... Nope

Our list is now light-years behind about 10 other lists (and that's being conservative). Whether it was Mick not doing his homework or the Club powers-that-be at their spin-talk best, but Mick arrives at the Club & suddenly, due to so many chumps on cushy contracts, is totally & utterly hamstrung in what he could & couldn't do with the list.....the status quo remained & now look at us, another year wasted carrying all the usual suspects....and we fall behind, yet again, as teams all around us unearth future 200 gamers, as we go another year without even the hint of a NAB Rising Star nomination.

The list stinks, 'cos the Club over-rated too many on it & that's without even touching on our recent train-wreck draft selections. With so many chumps now able to be offloaded, Mick gets one almighty shot in this off-season to at least set this list onto a corrected course.....so don't fcuk it up!!!

x2 with Karma...

Reply #262
There are so many insightful posts here since last night.

I said at the start and all year that all I wanted was Ruthless and Relentless. The club failed.

The club, from President to Northern Blues are not cutting it. I simply sat in amazement in my little seat in level 1 M35, looked at my brother in law and we shook our heads. Sadly I KNEW we would loose without being at least 40 points up at the start of the fourth. I just knew that our sub standard fitness levels would lead to stupid decisions or total capitulation by some, that poor skill levels, slow reactions, a lack of leadership and pride would lead us to a loss.

A few observations.

Murphy: I am ashamed to say I flamed him as much as some Bomber players. He should not have played last night. No willingness to go in hard, no speed off the mark, no penetration in kicking..he is clearly injured. It says as much about him as it does the MC that no one sat him down to say you aren't playing. In fact you should relinquish your captaincy for the good of the Squad. He needs to go to the doc, get fixed up and get set for next year.

Gameplan: how many times did the players force themselves to stop going the inside option, look up and have to WAIT for options along the boundary, before kicking Hail Marys to a Ready Bombers defence. I understand that the coach has a plan, but FFS the trust has to go both ways that if a player sees an opportunity to go inside that he should have license and clearance to do so. It kills me to see any of our player's natural instincts dulled down for the sake of a gameplan when we KNOW we do not have the cattle. Might as well go full out attack next week. Hell, at least it won't be dull.

The List: So many peacocks. Jesus H Christ. Either they have heart but lack the skills and poise (Armfield) or they are the opposite (Gibbs). I have had it with these players. Sheiks list is a good one and I am excited what MM will do to this list. Carte Blanche MM.

Coaching: MM should be given some good assistants to work with, as not only is our list under developed, but our recruitment is craphouse. We make people like Kommer look good  :o

General: I will still buy my Membership because I cannot stop myself. I also think it is incorrect to simply state that we give MM one more year. It is more of a believe that the organisation as a whole needs a complete clear out. From President down. Only in such a revitalised environment, alongside trading pea hearts like Gibbs and giving MM whatever the hell he wants will this Club move forward. If MM has not got us forward, a lot, by 2014, under the above conditions, should we get a new coach. I will go to the AGM again and implore that a few of us should go together, would be interesting to trade thoughts afterwards.

I also had an interesting chat with a bloke sitting in front of me about his Sister and her Partner who are both Nurses and reading THAT Report. Apparently their eyes bulged when they saw the list of drugs on there. Interestingly, while it was very ironic that the guy who did not choose to get himself injected, Zaharakis, kicked the winning goal. the guy told me that Zaharakis was noted as coming home from training, worried about the mention of Peptides at the Club. They made him do 15km a day runs and doing such intensive leg weights sessions that his family had to carry up the stairs to bed each day because he couldn't walk anymore. Average weight gain over three months? 7kgs. The moment they stopped the drugs...small tissue injuries. Bodies were used to the juice and broke down as soon as they stopped the supply.
In some small part I pity the players, it must be because I have a Son of my own, but then I remember that they are adults and my pity dissipates.

I do not want us in the Finals. I want a clean out of staff and players and a new President. I want our Club to be respected and Feared. Not mocked as a Has Been.

Keep the Faith

Reply #263
@Swan43
Swan, you make a valid point that we do put pressure on teams in their D50 and make them work to break out. However, once they do get out and goal side of our fwd press then we are more often than not shot to pieces and our defence is left fully exposed because our mids can't or won't get back. I watch it time and time again.

The other major weakness is that we lack proper composure in defence leading to many panicky clearances and turnovers that put the opposition into dangerous attacking positions, often in the corridor right in front of goal - again, it happens all the time.

We give away a lot of goals like that, and if, as we did last night, we also squander our own hard-won chances, then it's an obvious recipe for a loss.
Fair calls, Cookie. Personally reckon that while the lack of just one more functioning KPP would make a huge difference, the glaring deficiency is in the mids.

Reply #264
Fair enough Big Jack.

Then I ask the Question again. Why pay out Ratts at $900k or whatever and bring in mick for $3 mill if we fundamentally can't improve the players we have. Seems like a waste of money... no?

Because Mick knows how to build a list and run a club.

If this is indeed the case (and admittedly has been proven), then 2014 is gonna be a VERY big year for Mick.....very big.
I fear for his mental well being after accepting coaching this rabble.
Yeah, think about his retirement fund and you won't feel so bad  :P
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #265
Who was Goddard's opponent last night btw?

That's a good question. I thought it was Gibbs but I think he was on Watson for a large part of the night.

Checked today & Goddard's opponent was Duigan......see ya Nick, ball-butcherer and cannot keep an opponent in check to save himself.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #266
Overall, it was a pitiful performance, and whilst we played well (in patches) I fear that was more due to Essendon's weaknesses that it was with our enforcing our game plan ... if there was one.

I hate the expression, but it's nonetheless apt ... we didn't impose our authority on the game long enough or well enough to register a win.  That can be exacerbated to some extent by decent conversion in the forward 50, but we're incapable of either setting up play well enough to take advantage of those opportunities and when we do, missing gift goals.

I've been a member / supporter since I don't know when, and this side lacks a lot.  Leadership is almost non existent when Judd's absent (and yes, Murphy is NOT captaincy material, and more disturbingly, I think he knows it) and the club (or Murphy) should admit the error and replace him with Kade Simpson.

I cringe at the fact he's a left footer who's just as guilty at missing running shots more than most, but he's been simply outstanding this year.  Courage personified.

One other player who's come under fire is Tom Bell.  He's raw, he makes fundamental mistakes (and some of those courtesy of his teamates not covering / calling for him) but I have no doubt he's worth the investment.  One body rattling effort against an opponent by him last nite convinced me he must be retained.

Where do we go from here?  Dunno.  But we do need a serious cleanout (assuming we have trade bait, targeted players and SC scope) and with some luck, we can finally see the back of some players (and yes, I'm looking at you Bryce Gibbs) who look to the club more than they do their contracts.

Reply #267
WHY      would any player of note want to come to Carlton

This is a really relevant question. We want/have to get rid of our chumps.....but we have to get something positive to replace them - based on not just last night's, but most of our past month, what half-decent AFL player would want a sea-change at Carlton. We're gonna have to think outside the square instead, targeting players who have fallen out of favour/desperate for a 2nd chance elsewhere.....where the success rate isn't so rosey......*sigh*
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #268
Gameplan: how many times did the players force themselves to stop going the inside option, look up and have to WAIT for options along the boundary, before kicking Hail Marys to a Ready Bombers defence. I understand that the coach has a plan, but FFS the trust has to go both ways that if a player sees an opportunity to go inside that he should have license and clearance to do so. It kills me to see any of our player's natural instincts dulled down for the sake of a gameplan when we KNOW we do not have the cattle. Might as well go full out attack next week. Hell, at least it won't be dull.

Entire post was great Woodstock. Spot on. This ^^^ particularly resonates. Definitely seems to be a dislocation between what MM wants and what the players are capable of (or want).  No wonder he goes so ballistic when Eddie, et al., try and do the cute instead of the team thing.  Guess it took Lyon 18 months to get the Freo players singing from the same hymn sheet but, gee whizz, no comparison between the lists when it comes to talent.

Might have to get myself to that AGM. Still not sure what my voting rights are or whether en masse we can wield much influence.

Someone on another forum stated they'd heard that Luke Sayers didn't want the top job because of career commitments at PwC. That's disappointing as I reckon he's the success oriented, driven type of individual we need at the helm.  But if that's the truth behind his reasoning then I'd say "feck off".  Being on the board at Carlton is not supposed to be a hobby or a gig you use to tart up your resume.  In fact, that sort of attitude (if true) simply mirrors the on field malaise we witness from most of the players every other week - i.e. "it's all too hard".
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #269
I remember both Aka and Ted Richards clearly stating that CFC was definitely not a destination. That was six years ago. Juddy was meant to have changed that perception. Clearly he didn't.
Remember when we used to be everybody's preferred choice of a flag in the twilight, Evans, Clarke, Wells, Williams...
Difference is that this lot of professionals, are in fact imposters, those older blokes were part time footballers, not the fancy, state of the art trained athletes parading in navy blue. More like the Parkville Blues, all booky and soft, not the blue collar hard arses from days gone by.
Anyway, why are we so despondent, Cam Mooney said we'd be crape, would take us a season to get to know the coach, and him one to judge the list. Tosser was right, maybe has a better perception of footy reality than any of us, would that really surprise anyone, how many premiership players do we really have on this site????
Yes last night was disappointing, I hate the scum more than anyone else, filth included. The text's haven't stopped all day. But am willing to give Mick his time, he has the score on the board. So deep breaths, clean out the dead wood once and for all, and reboot.
I was there, Blight missed!!!