Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 23735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #105
Mick said process, Bolt say's reset.

I would prefer an old fashioned clean out.
Its the new buzz word, I noticed Norf have started using the word reset, its not fashionable to say rebuild.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
The clean out is on. I counted 15 could go, but that Can't happen, so expect some spuds to remain on the list for one more year. Hopefully they are pushed into the 35-42 category.

The lapses are right. I mentioned to Tribey Melbourne remind me of Carlton circa 2010 when a game is on the line or meant something, they would disintegrate. Hence the club hasn't won 5 in a row since 2001...... 15 years..

Beveridge has the right idea like Ratts - attacking footy builds confidence, and means opposition teams have to chase us, rather than us trying to defend small totals. The Doggies are tougher in the clinches, and Beveridge has benefited from better recruiting, and from the fact that his predecessor was Brendan McCartney. It's a shame about their high number of injuries - they just can't score at the moment.

But I agree - those lapses, then as now, are frustrating. How many coaches have we had since 2001, and only Ratts made a small dent in the consecutive win stat. Must be something in the water at PP.

Reply #107
Beveridge has the right idea like Ratts - attacking footy builds confidence, and means opposition teams have to chase us, rather than us trying to defend small totals. The Doggies are tougher in the clinches, and Beveridge has benefited from better recruiting, and from the fact that his predecessor was Brendan McCartney. It's a shame about their high number of injuries - they just can't score at the moment.

But I agree - those lapses, then as now, are frustrating. How many coaches have we had since 2001, and only Ratts made a small dent in the consecutive win stat. Must be something in the water at PP.

If it helps any Bolton said on the weekend that next year we are going to focus more no on offence and ball carry now we've sorted out our defensive aspects. That will help with the ever growing number of real speedsters we have in the side and I bet the forwards will love that so much better too. Some of our players are really fast. If we take Jake Bradley F/S thaat would add to it. Has seemed to have got his old man's genetics in ghat reagrd.

Reply #108
If it helps any Bolton said on the weekend that next year we are going to focus more no on offence and ball carry now we've sorted out our defensive aspects. That will help with the ever growing number of real speedsters we have in the side and I bet the forwards will love that so much better too. Some of our players are really fast. If we take Jake Bradley F/S thaat would add to it. Has seemed to have got his old man's genetics in ghat reagrd.

Booya - I hope the little bloke with the big ears and big smile holds true to that.

Thanks jim.

Reply #109

The main issue with that will be making sure we don't give away anywhere near the number of turnovers going forward and leaving our defence wide open too many times, as we did this year. They were crucified on occasion! If we can do it well though I will look forward to it.
Reality always wins in the end.