Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC (Read 39438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

Reply #75
I like Levi and still have faith in him to improve but he was average to poor last night and his confidence was down....ball drop was back to its worst and when he dropped that chest mark at a crucial time I couldnt believe it.....owes us a big one vs the Tigers.
Probably lucky Philips got injured as he was braining Werribee in the VFL and you could have made a case for him replacing Levi....

He didn't take the opportunities he had... he kicks 2 and it's a different story. Let himself down.

Reply #76
I like Levi and still have faith in him to improve but he was average to poor last night and his confidence was down....ball drop was back to its worst and when he dropped that chest mark at a crucial time I couldnt believe it.....owes us a big one vs the Tigers.
Probably lucky Philips got injured as he was braining Werribee in the VFL and you could have made a case for him replacing Levi....

I feel a bit sorry for Levi tbh. I was watching him in the rooms post game, especially the club song, and he looked down and not fully enjoying the win, for obvious reasons. I thought that nearly everything he did last night was good except for his wretched kicking for goal and the dropped mark was probably a result of a total confidence loss. I really think he would benefit from a spell in the NBs to try and get some confidence back - he must be just a bag of nerves and he needs settling down and tried again before final judgements are made. We don't want to die wondering -  but he is bl00dy frustrating.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77

You just watch his kicking at goal and that as it?

No, i watched him drop an uncontested chest mark 20m out directly in front of goal too.

To you, flyboy and Jeza who all commented on my post.

Every week there is a worst player on your list. It's a simple fact.

What changes is how bad that worst player is. Some weeks the worst player might be top 5 in any other week. Sometimes the worst player would be the worst player in the VFL as well.

Instead of complaining about it, and defending Levi, perhaps point out someone who was worse that him. Nobody has done it....and i think i know the answer.

Reply #78
kruddler , we know your views are inevitably better or more sagacious than the rest.

No one would argue that....it's something we all have to live with.

But Levi was more influential than all the opposition and at least half of our team..., Thomas,
Charlie, SoJ, Wright, Boekhurst and maybe even Murph all missed regulation goals.

Ahs has one forgotten Simmo's dropped 'sitter' from a few week's back?

Watch the replay, then comment.

by the by, he was 11th in our team for footy points. Go figure!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #79
I think when the club comes to evaluate Casboult's future with us, they will simply have to take into account the fact that he will never be a reliable set shot - he will have good patches (first half of the year), and then at some point will revert back to bad habits.

He is also very much a confidence player. Once he makes a couple of errors, his head drops and his game suffers.

He is easily the most frustrating player on our list. One good, one bad..............

Reply #80
I thought he was one of the keys to our win. I'm not potting our players after a brilliant win - that's your thing.

Beating gc at home is a great effort let alone with half our team under 21. Awesome. 

Reply #81
I thought he was one of the keys to our win. I'm not potting our players after a brilliant win - that's your thing.

Beating gc at home is a great effort let alone with half our team under 21. Awesome.

Amen jeza!  8) 8) 8)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #82
No, i watched him drop an uncontested chest mark 20m out directly in front of goal too.

To you, flyboy and Jeza who all commented on my post.

Every week there is a worst player on your list. It's a simple fact.

What changes is how bad that worst player is. Some weeks the worst player might be top 5 in any other week. Sometimes the worst player would be the worst player in the VFL as well.

Instead of complaining about it, and defending Levi, perhaps point out someone who was worse that him. Nobody has done it....and i think i know the answer.

Why discuss and focus on a negative side of a great win. We all know his kicking was awful and nearly cost us but he did again bust packs, provide a target and contested hard.

So many positives to discuss yet we harp on about one negative.

Reply #83
kruddler , we know your views are inevitably better or more sagacious than the rest.

No one would argue that....it's something we all have to live with.

But Levi was more influential than all the opposition and at least half of our team..., Thomas,
Charlie, SoJ, Wright, Boekhurst and maybe even Murph all missed regulation goals.

Ahs has one forgotten Simmo's dropped 'sitter' from a few week's back?

Watch the replay, then comment.

by the by, he was 11th in our team for footy points. Go figure!

More influential than at least half our team? If there was any credibility associated with you, it just vanished.

Thomas, Charlie, SoJ, Wright and Boekhorst. Those players each kicked a goal (or more) - 7 goals between them.
Murphy, 31 touches.

All less influential than Casboult? Wait. REALLY??

OK, i got you, Casboult was more influential on the result last night than those players because he was almost solely responsible in getting the opposition back in the game!
So yes, you are right. Casboult was more influential than them....and half the team.

Reply #84
Why discuss and focus on a negative side of a great win. We all know his kicking was awful and nearly cost us but he did again bust packs, provide a target and contested hard.

yes - all players, not just Levi, need to be evaluated on their whole skill set, game day attributes etc.

Unfortunately, his negative (i.e goal kicking) is a big one. Like I said, one good thing, one bad.............

Reply #85
I feel a bit sorry for Levi tbh. I was watching him in the rooms post game, especially the club song, and he looked down and not fully enjoying the win, for obvious reasons. I thought that nearly everything he did last night was good except for his wretched kicking for goal and the dropped mark was probably a result of a total confidence loss. I really think he would benefit from a spell in the NBs to try and get some confidence back - he must be just a bag of nerves and he needs settling down and tried again before final judgements are made. We don't want to die wondering -  but he is bl00dy frustrating.

I thought the same.
Early on his confidence was up and I thought...this might be the night this bloke takes a game apart.
But once the yips started he just seemed to get worse....confidence gone.

I can't think of a player whose best aspects and worse aspects of his game are so far apart.
I do feel for him because form all reports he works pretty hard on his deficiencies.
But had we lost that game it would have all come back to the missed pass and the momentum GC gained from it.
It was a genuine "turning point."
He's being criticised and we won.
Had we lost he would have been crucified and I think he realised that.

What it means is that there is "his worth"...the good with the bad, and any contract negotiations will centre on that.
If some club (feeling that Carlton players often blossom after a move) wants to offer him more then we'll probably lose him.

Reply #86
More influential than at least half our team? If there was any credibility associated with you, it just vanished.

Thomas, Charlie, SoJ, Wright and Boekhorst. Those players each kicked a goal (or more) - 7 goals between them.
Murphy, 31 touches.

All less influential than Casboult? Wait. REALLY??

OK, i got you, Casboult was more influential on the result last night than those players because he was almost solely responsible in getting the opposition back in the game!
So yes, you are right. Casboult was more influential than them....and half the team.

this post shows you've clearly lost this one Kruddler. give it up.

As others have said focus on the win, the positives.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87

People are pumping up his tyres despite his terrible performance.

I can be positive about it and list all the players that player BETTER than Casboult (despite some saying he was very influential and very important etc) but it'd be a long list. So i took it the other way.

Why are people so afraid at looking at, analysing and trying to rectify our weaknesses?
Why must it be considered negative?

No matter how much sugar and/or fairy dust you sprinkle on our win/season/list there are areas we need to improve on. That is not just for us, but all 18 teams this year....and last year....and every year the competition has existed.

If you don't want to read/listen/hear about what areas need some work, then i've got a sandpit you can hide in if it makes you feel better.

Reply #88
As others have said focus on the win, the positives.

Positives.

We have found players for 17/18 starting positions. Only 1 more to go.  :P