Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 22244 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #135
Sounds like BS to me. And pretty irrelevant too.....

Are they suggesting Pendles 'coaches' too whilst in the heat of battle?

I think they were trying to say that each player in the team has a clearly defined role and that Pendles knows what they are and who is filling each one of them and what each one should be doing to carry out their role. A bit of an alien concept for us I guess?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
CH7 had a list of Bulldogs players out as well, given they had a younger team with 5 x players under 10 games it was a pitiful effort tonight and the club need a review on where we are at,
 and where we are heading.

They may have had a younger team - but where were the young’ns playing?

The fact that we had Dow, SPS, Fisher and Kennedy as key on ballers, along with Harry and Charlie in Key Firward posts means our youngsters were pretty reliant on our young blokes

Reply #137
The Bulldogs being younger is the most statistically biased discussion I've seen.

I spoke to a Bulldogs fan who was generally not pleased with their side and suggested we had more to be happy about despite losing.

I told her it's tough work right now but the future looks good and she vehemently agreed even though both sides were rubbish.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #138
I told her it's tough work right now but the future looks good and she vehemently agreed even though both sides were rubbish.

Are you telling me we are full of young low draft picks and were beaten by a rubbish side? ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
Are you telling me we are full of young low draft picks and were beaten by a rubbish side? ;D

Yep.

Both sides played rubbish football on friday night and have done so all season.

Paul Hewson

Reply #140
Yep.

Both sides played rubbish football on friday night and have done so all season.

That doesn't make things better, it makes them worse! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141
That doesn't make things better, it makes them worse! :o

It actually doesnt mean a lot aside from an indicator of how we are currently travelling.

Good teams lose to rubbish sides, and rubbish sides can get hammered.  Its only an indicator of how 4 quarters went.

Its not indicative of future performance.  The only thing we can currently draw from our team is whether or not we have talented players who need some work to become 4 quarter performers.

Paul Hewson

Reply #142
AFLCA Votes as follow;

WESTERN BULLDOGS v CARLTON
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Patrick Cripps (Carl)
7 Jack Macrae (WB)
4 Lachie Hunter (WB)
2 Zac Fisher (Carl)

I'm assuming the coaches;