Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age (Read 22237 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age

Reply #15
Tired of the pre-season talk.

Last year Hampson said, he is going to have a gun season...and be a tall marking forward..

well he is now at Richmond...

IMO, Kruezer's head is on the block- if he doesn't deliver, move him on to another Club.

K-man is 10 times the player that Hammer was. Can mark for a start. Generally dominates opposition ruckman when fit.

Sorry but that is just wrong. Hammer whilst dropping a few marks at least gets his hands to the ball in EVERY marking contest. Kreuzer struggles to do even that, let alone clunk any.

K-man has lost his mojo that's for sure - at the start he could kick straight and clunk a mark. Last few years, Hammer was a better option.

Let's hope he can rediscover that early form (and of course injuries have had their part to play - but that's part of the game....).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Sorry but that is just wrong. Hammer whilst dropping a few marks at least gets his hands to the ball in EVERY marking contest. Kreuzer struggles to do even that, let alone clunk any.
Shizen PI2C, you're just fecking with me now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17

No Kreuzer pound for pound is one of the worst overhead marks in the comp.*

*pound for pound taking height into consideration
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
PI2C, even the CFC website is trying to wind me up about trading Hampson.

Take a look at the Judd Video in the McKay interview, 19~21 sec in;

Are they fecking with me as well, is that Wood getting touched up by Hammer in a forward ruck contest? ???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19

That's an interesting stat PI2C - marks per pound of body weight indexed to height in cms?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20

Clearly we've been watching different games. A fit Kreuzer (and that's the whole point here) is an exceptional mark and a great ruckman. His follow up work is second to none and his accuracy in front of goal get's a pass mark that's ahead of some of the more noted forwards.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #21

Clearly we've been watching different games. A fit Kreuzer (and that's the whole point here) is an exceptional mark and a great ruckman. His follow up work is second to none and his accuracy in front of goal get's a pass mark that's ahead of some of the more noted forwards.

I admire your blind faith JK but ATM that is all it is.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Like Gibbs...Kruezer fails to impact games, I can remember about three games in his career where he actually dominated games took them by the scruff of the neck and imposed himself.
He doesnt take enough marks and his kicking is ordinary even though he got of to a good start in his career and was a straight kick initially.
He is also one of those players when he does get a good run of fitness going and his game starts to improve he gets injured and its back to square one again.

You can forget making a KP player out of him as well....wont happen, his only spot is No 1 ruck IMO, thats where he plays his best footy and where he should play every week...problem is that Warnocks only position is NO 1 ruck so IMO those two will never work as a ruck combo and that the secon ruck spot has to be filled by Casboult who has more variety to his game and can play forward(if he can only learn to kick the ball straight).

Reply #23
Like Gibbs...Kruezer fails to impact games, I can remember about three games in his career where he actually dominated games took them by the scruff of the neck and imposed himself.
He doesnt take enough marks and his kicking is ordinary even though he got of to a good start in his career and was a straight kick initially.
He is also one of those players when he does get a good run of fitness going and his game starts to improve he gets injured and its back to square one again.

You can forget making a KP player out of him as well....wont happen, his only spot is No 1 ruck IMO, thats where he plays his best footy and where he should play every week...problem is that Warnocks only position is NO 1 ruck so IMO those two will never work as a ruck combo and that the secon ruck spot has to be filled by Casboult who has more variety to his game and can play forward(if he can only learn to kick the ball straight).

Unfortunately I agree re Gibbs and Kreuzer. Early on you can forgive young blokes making their way but they are now old enough and experienced enough to make an impact. Hopefully it comes this year but Im not holding my breath.

Agree also elwood re MK and playing as a key forward. His agility and speed (due to injurues Im sure) has diminished quite a bit and he cannot reply on his pack marking (or marking in general) to be a key forward. His leap has dimished a bit also but gee I hope he gets going as love this bloke.

Looking at past replays from games last year just recently and Casboult would be the man to play 3rd forward. I do not think he can hold down a 2nd key forward post himself (say next to Waite) which is a concern also. I think he needs 2 other decent talls around him or other marking type options (eg. Walker, Everitt, White - maybe a combo of them). Those blokes offer a point of difference which we have lacked. Thats partly why Reynolds and Johnson have been drafted also IMO. We need Casboult clunking marks and splitting packs inside the forward 50 more times than not.

Reply #24
Levi is only 23 and as they say, the big blokes take longer to develop.....

If he can improve his kicking no reason he can't hold down a KPP IMO.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25
Whenever he heads from the indoor fitness centre to the main entrance at Visy Park, Matthew Kreuzer is reminded of Carlton's greats. In their modern training complex, the Blues have done well honouring these champions, with their images splashed on the walls.

Kreuzer has stopped to digest the grand names, a list that takes on greater significance this year when the club that shares the record for most premierships (16) celebrates its 150th anniversary.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/matthew-kreuzer-is-determined-to-honour-carltons-greats-in-the-clubs-150th-year-20140208-328nz.html#ixzz2smPUMZLY
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #26
Levi is only 23 and as they say, the big blokes take longer to develop.....

If he can improve his kicking no reason he can't hold down a KPP IMO.

Don't know why everyone thinks Levi can't kick... he can and has. I've seen him kick rippers. His only 'kicking' problem is between the lugholes. When his head is right he is a terrific kick.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27

As much as I love to pump up our ruckmen, I have to tag the highlighted comments as pure fantasy.

SpecialK is good in the ruck not great and not exceptional, and he is an ordinary mark because many times like Levi he isn't even making it into the contest. They either read the ball very poorly or are too easily put out of the contest.

Exceptional marks would be Naitanui or Tippett, good marks are Cox, McEvoy or Leuenberger, at the moment SpecialK is clearly well behind those all with question.

The rest of the comments about his 2nd efforts and kicking are reasonably accurate.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28

As much as I love to pump up our ruckmen, I have to tag the highlighted comments as pure fantasy.

SpecialK is good in the ruck not great and not exceptional, and he is an ordinary mark because many times like Levi he isn't even making it into the contest. They either read the ball very poorly or are too easily put out of the contest.

Exceptional marks would be Naitanui or Tippett, good marks are Cox, McEvoy or Leuenberger, at the moment SpecialK is clearly well behind those all with question.

The rest of the comments about his 2nd efforts and kicking are reasonably accurate.

Natanui averages less marks per game than Kreuzer  :o  Tippett averages one more mark per game than Kreuzer.  If they are exceptional, Kreuzer mustn't be far off the mark.  On the other hand, Cox and McEvoy average more marks per game than Tippett.  Leuenberger and Kreuzer are virtually on a par but Kreuzer takes more contested marks.  That's not bad for a bloke that doesn't make it to contests  ;)

http://youtu.be/6MUc6hXYBSM

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
@DJC

Could be a case of "familiarity breeds contempt" or "you can't be a prophet in your own land" DJC. When we see NickNats or Cox or Tippets etc. it's often in a highlight segment on TV or in 3 games in a year. With Kreuz we see him week in week out (when fit!) and we are all too painfully aware of the not so good moments as well.

I'm hoping to see him do well this year and I'm confident he can if he's fully over his injury setbacks.
Reality always wins in the end.