Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast Eagles (Read 1375 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast Eagles

I'm not looking forward to this with our injury issues, but ...

Remember:
[1] 15 votes in total
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player (even Cripps)
[3] Three players at least must get a mention.
[4] A grade for the game, A+ (what I want to see) to F-.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast Eagles

Reply #1
Team: B
5. Fisher
4. Cripps,
3. Kennedy
2. Murphy
1. De Konning

Reply #2
Team E:
5: Jones
3: Fisher
3: Kennedy
2: Simpson
1: Walsh
1: Setterfield

HM.....De Koning and Cottrell

Reply #3
Team C:
4: Fisher
2: Kennedy
1: Cripps

Reply #4
Team: B
4. Jones
2. Kennedy
2. Cripps
2. Murphy
2. Walsh
2. Fisher

Reply #5
Team E:
3: Fisher
3: Kennedy
1: Walsh

HM.....De Koning and Cottrell

Both very exciting young prospects afaic.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Team C

5 - Walsh (Did it tough this week and wasn't out of palce!)
4 - Kennedy (Gets better every game!)
3 - Jones (Love seeing him having a crack at marking again, even if he burned a couple of disposals!)
2 - Fisher (Can't fault four goal a finisher!)
1 - Cripps (If he just gets back to his basics we'll slaughter an opposition!)

Mentions to De Koning, sMurphy and Setterfield
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Team C-

4 - Jones

3 - Kennedy

3 - Walsh

2 - Fisher

1 - Cripps

1 - Setterfield

1 - Simpson

HM: Newbies, TDK & Cottrell.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Team: D

5 - Jones
4 - Fisher (4 goals = 4 votes!)
3 - Cripps
2 - Walsh
1 - Kennedy (really stood up with some clutch marks under pressure, a midfielder who can take a contested mark is gold!)

Murphy was unlucky to miss out and, while I couldn't fit him in my votes, De Koning was the second best ruckman on the ground.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Team: B - Have to give it based on having a crack and for the most part playing very good football. So many contributed I have give  them all a mention. Did everything but win the game.

2 Walsh - Getting better as the year goes on.
2 Jones - Best backmen on the ground and only one heart attack moment all game.
1 Murphy - Made mistakes, can't tackle but a lot of good stuff in there.
1 Cripps - Still has an impact. Just can't kick.
1 Setterfield - Solid contributor
1 Curnow - He never stops. On Shuey this week I think and bar some cheap pick ups down back was towelled up.
1 Petrevski - Seton - Made mistakes, can't tackle but a lot of good stuff in there.
1 Kennedy - Good game. Some of his marks were outstanding.
1 Fisher - Amazing return. After he kicked his 4th he had more goals on the board than the whole of the Toast team.
1 Plowman - Pretty good against a bloke twice his size and one of the 2 goals kicked on him had nothing to do with him.
1 Weitering - Smashed Kennedy.
1 De Koning - We were better when he was in the ruck. Real future if he stays fit
1 Williamson - I think he's great. Just a few more games and I reckon he'll be super.

Reply #10
Team. C

3. Fisher
3. Jones
3. Kennedy
3.Walsh
1. Cripps
1. Murphy
1. Curnow
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #11
Finally watched the whole things. Didn't like what I saw. Some remarkable decisions, but I'm not going there. I can only hope that these yabbies in green manage not to ruin another game like this.

Team:   C
There were lots of things to like, even in defeat. We must become larger and more physical. I didn’t enjoy watching us being knocked away from contests. Other than that, we had 1 poor fifteen-minute period.

Votes:
[2]   Matthew Kennedy:
[2]   Zac Fisher
[2]   Liam Jones
[1.5]   Marc Murphy
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering:
[1.5]   Sam Walsh
[1]   Ed Curnow
[1]   Will Setterfield
[0.5]   Levi Casboult
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton

Explanations:
[2]   Matthew Kennedy:   Kennedy had a job to do and did it brilliantly for 3 quarters, Not so good in the last.
[2]   Zac Fisher:   Zac didn’t get a lot of the ball, but he was dangerous every time he got near it. 4 goals was a great reward.
[2]   Liam Jones:   While Jones didn’t get heaps of ball, he destroyed his opponent and made things happen with his defensive work.
[1.5]   Marc Murphy:   Not the Murphy of old, but marc knocked up getting kicks and made the most of them.
[1.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Crippa wasn’t close to his best, but he was good at getting clearances, he had 8 tackles and he was dangerous.
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering:   In many ways his game was similar to Jones. Weitering took on Kennedy and destroyed him. Only in the one patch did Kennedy even get a kick.
[1.5]   Sam Walsh:   Another courageous and hard running display from this young man.
[1]   Ed Curnow:   Solid, reliable and able to keep a man down while getting the pill.
[1]   Will Setterfield:   Not up to the standard he has managed of late, but solid and more than useful.
[0.5]   Levi Casboult:   As our key forward, Levi was on a hiding to nothing, as he was continually double team and infringed upon. A solid effort, except for that first kick for goal.
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Did a lot of hard defending but isn’t showing the brilliance I hope he can produce soon.

Honourable Mentions:
Sam Docherty:   Not at his best but putting in hard and trying to make things happen.
Marc Pittonet:   Well beaten in the ruck, but not bad around the ground. Not the sort of player who was going to seriously challenge NicNat.
Tom de Koning:   Took the job on well. Did some good ruck work and managed to get the ball around the ground, but his ball handling was ordinary at times, especially in the last quarter. Almost managed mark of the year on NicNat, which would have been great(!!), but couldn’t hold his marks. Showed promise in the ruck.
Eddie Betts:   A lot more work up the ground this game, and a decent effort, but not a four quarter one. We really need Eddie kicking a few goals.
Matthew Cottrell:   Very solid across half back and didn’t lower his colours. He showed pace and run and should be happy with his debut.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Team:   B

WCE are the form team of the competition. Their midfield is the best around - Kelly, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Sheed  (and Redden's a very solid B grader). 5 bloody A graders plus Nicnat.

We have one - Crippa - who's in average form (arguably wounded).

And we bested them for at least 2.5 quarters, match them for 1 other quarter.

That's a fine effort overall.

Votes:
6  Jones
3   Fisher
2   Cripps (lots of tackles)
1  Willo (thought he took a step up)
1  Murph (but f..., stick a bloody tackle)
1  Weiters (keeping JK to two gets a vote)
1  TDK (reckon he beat Nicnat when he was in there, a tad taller and just as good with the leap)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
3 Fisher
3 Jones
2 Kennedy
2 Walsh
1 Cripps
1 Murphy
1 Curnow
1 Setters
1 Samo

HM TDK Cottrell
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
I'll probably lock this thread on Friday. Anyone who wants to vote, had better get on with it!
Live Long and Prosper!