Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 45054 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #45
thank fk for the world cup is all i can say.

Reply #46
thank fk for the world cup is all i can say.
and most of the teams playing are showing a more physical brand of football than us

Reply #47
BB looked disinterested in the post match presser.

He looked like he has resigned himself to the reality or expected  the result, he showed about as much emotion and passion as the playing list!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Arrhythmias are not uncommon is low body fat athletes.

I can't recall the cause, but it's something to do with a lack of energy reserves that can cause a particular deficit in a required chemical during heavy exercise. If that is the cause it's not something the health of fitness staff can do anything about in advance, but it can be managed once it's known about.

I have Atrial Fibrillation
I actually feel more uncomfortable when my heart is in normal rhythm.
But even with medication it does have a considerable effect on exercise tolerance.
...however Marchbank is relatively young so hopefully it can be managed if indeed it does prove to be an ongoing issue.
It may just be virus related...and a short term problem.

Reply #49
i've lost interest in footy.
I was optimistic last year we'd improve, but for what ever reason, the impact of 1 solitary win, does my head in. I find
myself watching other games more so and loathe to watch us play. Its depressing and i've almost forgotten what excitement footy brings, finals, rivalries etc

What disturbs me more is, we are in big trouble in terms of depth, experience across the whole club structure and we reject to apply for an additional 1st round draft pick.
If we're not suitable candidates, i dont know what is. WE need help

Reply #50

He looked like he has resigned himself to the reality or expected  the result, he showed about as much emotion and passion as the playing list!

I suspect he's just trying to hold the line and get through the season...knowing that the best result for the future is an 18th place finish.
Not what we want to hear.... but unfortunately the reality in "Draft world".

Reply #51

Looked like he already knows his fate.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #52
Unless there is a board spill he gets another year at least.
But next year is the make or break year for him.
There has to be a clear improvement in results.
The board has put him in this position through their rebuild philosophy.
His failure is their failure.
They can't sack him and stay in place.

Reply #53
i've lost interest in footy.
I was optimistic last year we'd improve, but for what ever reason, the impact of 1 solitary win, does my head in. I find
myself watching other games more so and loathe to watch us play. Its depressing and i've almost forgotten what excitement footy brings, finals, rivalries etc

What disturbs me more is, we are in big trouble in terms of depth, experience across the whole club structure and we reject to apply for an additional 1st round draft pick.
If we're not suitable candidates, i dont know what is. WE need help

Stop sooking it up. This is what got us here in the first place, that sense of doing things the easy way by tanking and quick fixes. I've said this previously, but the first time I have been actually proud of the club for the last 20 years was when this was announced. It was the first time someone at the club said, no we got ourselves into this and we'll work our way out.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #54
Looked like he already knows his fate.

There was a difference today, not sure what to make of it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55

Agree. I think he has another year to show some real progress.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56

Not sure if we can afford another year like this. Bulldogs made a change during a rebuild, remembering they were below us, played finals the next year, premiers the next. Even Ratten got us to finals 2 years after we were a total utter basket case. Coaches make a difference.

Reply #57
Stop sooking it up. This is what got us here in the first place, that sense of doing things the easy way by tanking and quick fixes. I've said this previously, but the first time I have been actually proud of the club for the last 20 years was when this was announced. It was the first time someone at the club said, no we got ourselves into this and we'll work our way out.

I have no problem with that, but I'm certain we won't get out of the swamp by playing nice!

Either we get disruptive, or we must accept our lot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58

Truth is stranger than fiction - I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.

Reply #59

..and that's exactly the argument the AFL would use to deny us a pick.
It's our own draft/trade strategy that has led us to this place.

I still think we've already asked and been told "no" and been left to handle the "message" in our own way.