Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Diego Maradona (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic

RIP Diego Maradona

No lovers of the "world game" ?

The headline says it all : "Touched by God on the field, touched by the Devil off it."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/diego-maradona-dead-cocaine-addiction-1986-world-cup-mafia-heart-attack-argentina-legacy-hand-of-god-goal/news-story/0c9c00900cb2192a295d6da32d2ede0e

And apparently a supporter of Castro and Chavez - that must count for something, surely ?  :D

Thanks for the many wonderful moments, and rest in peace.

Re: RIP Diego Maradona

Reply #1
The hand of God - classic.

RIP.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
The hand of God - classic.

RIP.
Not to berate the dead.

Given it's an example of cheating, shouldn't that be the "Hand of Diablo!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Great player but his reputation took a battering late in his life with all his bad habits and a lot of respect for him went out the door.
You cant really teach sporting icons how to handle fame and he was a victim of his own success.
RIP.

Reply #4
Given it's an example of cheating, shouldn't that be the "Hand of Diablo!"

I was quoting/paraphrasing him with just a smidge of irony. 😉

Reply #5
Freak of nature and some of us were blessed to have been entertained by him. RIP

P.S. As someone said on the wireless today, people put blokes like Messi and C Ronaldo in the conversation of GOAT, not even close.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Some miraculous performances, which probably will never to be equalled! :o

The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
This guy is the games real GOAT.

There is a lot debate raging about Messi and Ronaldo.

Facts are, Maradona put teams on his back and carried them to glory at a time when the game was simply much tougher to play.  Defenders and defenses could actually defend and Maradona took the equivalent of us (Napoli) under Mick Malthouse, and made them Champions of Italy twice. 

He was and is the GOAT at a time when his peers couldnt do what he did.

RIP.  Colorful character and no doubt his lifestyle is what resulted in his demise at aged 60 from a heart attack, but that goes with the territory.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #8
This guy is the games real GOAT.

There is a lot debate raging about Messi and Ronaldo.

Facts are, Maradona put teams on his back and carried them to glory at a time when the game was simply much tougher to play.  Defenders and defenses could actually defend and Maradona took the equivalent of us (Napoli) under Mick Malthouse, and made them Champions of Italy twice. 

He was and is the GOAT at a time when his peers couldnt do what he did.

RIP.  Colorful character and no doubt his lifestyle is what resulted in his demise at aged 60 from a heart attack, but that goes with the territory.
110% They. I am not a huge fan of the round ball game but I am a lover of sport and admire greatness. When I think of D.A. Maradona, the word sublime stands out the most, he made a soccer ball talk.  As for his off field prowess and shenanigans, he crammed into 60 year what would probably take you (respectfully) and I 3 or 4 lifetimes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
I’m not a fan of soccer but I do remember a chunky bloke who was better than everyone else going around at the time.

I’m not sure about GOAT though, a bloke called Pele was pretty handy.

It’s a shame that Maradona’s life after his playing career was so short and troubled.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I’m not a fan of soccer but I do remember a chunky bloke who was better than everyone else going around at the time.

I’m not sure about GOAT though, a bloke called Pele was pretty handy.

It’s a shame that Maradona’s life after his playing career was so short and troubled.

RIP
There is those two and then daylight DJ. I saw some of Pele's games right at the very end of his career, my Dad used to rave about him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
There is those two and then daylight DJ. I saw some of Pele's games right at the very end of his career, my Dad used to rave about him.

Pele was the greatest in my opinion. Skills and vision were superb. The best by a long way imho. Been a looong time since I watched any soccer though.

Reply #12
Some of Madonna’s fans were having kittens when the death was reported on social media  :D

Reply #13
Some of Madonna’s fans were having kittens when the death was reported on social media  :D

Is the bogan with a slogan’s tweet genuine?  🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Is the bogan with a slogan’s tweet genuine?  🤔
?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th