Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 33593 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #45
Also spent a very entertaining hour in bomberland....

Delusional in spades.

Vicious farkers too.......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #46
Indeed. Many of us thought we'd picked a side to win. Unlike previous games.

That may become more obvious as the season progresses.
While development and managing the kids will remain a priority...if we believe we're in with a chance and have the players available to target a win  the selections may reflect that.

Reply #47
So good to see Harry continue to kick goals. Shaping up as the biggest highlight of 2018. 9 goals in 4 games is exceptional. Just hope he keeps it up. Always keeps a cool head. If he were playing in front of a dominant midfield he'd be scary.

Impressive.

Reply #48
LOB showing real class also. Started behind Dow post preseason but has gone past him now. Playing some really good footy. Thats not to say Paddy has been bad either.

Fisher's game against the dogs was excellent. We need him back up to that level every week though. He's running a bit hot and cold.

Reply #49
Cripps (19) amd Kreuzer (18) got a combined total of 37 contested possessions. Ed Curnow and Kreuzer got BOG on Triple M and the ABC respectively. Cripps got votes on both.

Reply #50
Wins a win, specially against that kent of a mob. I see that Bellchanbers had 55 HOs to Kreuzers 31. Didnt notice that at the game today. Pretty happy boy tonight.
Very good effort across the board. Plenty of talent to come back so can only get better. Still worried about SPS, soft as butter ATM, Hopefully he learns and gets better in this dept.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #51
This gave me a laugh..lol.

Reply #52
Cripps (19) amd Kreuzer (18) got a combined total of 37 contested possessions. Ed Curnow and Kreuzer got BOG on Triple M and the ABC respectively. Cripps got votes on both.

How much did we miss Ed C and Cripps in the last half of last year!?!

Reply #53
Wins a win, specially against that kent of a mob. I see that Bellchanbers had 55 HOs to Kreuzers 31. Didnt notice that at the game today. Pretty happy boy tonight.
Very good effort across the board. Plenty of talent to come back so can only get better. Still worried about SPS, soft as butter ATM, Hopefully he learns and gets better in this dept.

We won the clearances though.

Reply #54

sPs better today, hopefully working into some form.

Reply #55
91 tackles also a good indication of the pressure we applied.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #56
sPs better today, hopefully working into some form.

I thought he looked more involved in the past 2 games. It was also promising to see him kicking with more confidence. He was doing dinky little half kicks that went about 8m. His goal was a good example of improved kicking. He's young and it's yr2. Give him time to build the various parts of his game and he'll be a beauty.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #57
Was at our first live game this year and was mostly impressed that they kept the Presssure up Consistently except the beginning of the second.

Thought SPS did a few I twrcepts etc in the 3rd and 4th that really highlighted his importance.

Loved the look of Dow and O’Briend.

Even tho Graham made some errors, he was everywhere, hard worker and is almost there AFL elite wise, just needs to tighten up.  Kerridge and lamb too.

CC is exciting.

Harry has the X factor

Reply #58
A big relief!
Go Blues

Reply #59
Couldn't get to the game..watched it live on fox.
Great to get the win. Reward for effort as they fought hard to keep the bummers at bay in the last. Even Robert Walls smiled once watching on. ;)