Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 33595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #90
I disagree Cookie, we must and we will bully other teams. Its all about confidence. Crippa does it week in week out no matter the opposition, the others are starting to follow. Again, we must, never say cant.

Without taking anything away from that win GTC, I don't think you'd find another team of such pussycats as were the Bummers yesterday. They had little fight in them. Sure we can still try and bully teams but don't expect them to roll over that easy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #91
We don't win very often so they'll be no perspective happening...lol.

Good point ;D

Without taking anything away from that win GTC, I don't think you'd find another team of such pussycats as were the Bummers yesterday. They had little fight in them. Sure we can still try and bully teams but don't expect them to roll over that easy.

As I said before one of the softest, insipid Essendon sides I've seen.

Reply #92
Quote from: Gointocarlton link=topic=3980.msg233932#msg233932 Lamb harassed the flog Goddard for 4 qtrs and I mean Ballantyne style. [/quote
uote]

I think you’ll find Lamb was only on him for the 1st quarter. Sookard had a reasonable 2nd quarter but then did nothing after that. He’s cooked and I think we realized that after 1/4 time.

Reply #93
As I said before one of the softest, insipid Essendon sides I've seen.

People forget many of them "built their reputations on the juice", now that they have "no juice they are just ordinary" players!

The Scum CheatsFC fans wander around shocked asking questions like, "What's wrong with them?" Morons! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
Everyone in the media went gaga over Essendons 3 new recruits. The problem was always going to be contested ball in the midfield after they lost Jobe and none of the recruits really fitted that role. Smith is ok but never going to be elite and he's too similar.

Stringer looks an expensive mistake. Saad ok but only a small HBF.

I look forward to seeing Lang playing a bit more. Looks like a real steal already though for pick 58.

Reply #95
People forget many of them "built their reputations on the juice", now that they have "no juice they are just ordinary" players!

The Scum CheatsFC fans wander around shocked asking questions like, "What's wrong with them?" Morons! ::)

There's that.... but I'm thinking more about the teams of 20-30-40 years ago....like the Roger Merrett years.
Plenty of snipers amongst them but hard teams to play against.

Reply #96
Doesn’t pay to make the media experts look silly... they are going to cop an absolute “House Bolton” style flaying on every footy show over the next week.

Reply #97
I saw a bit of Freo/St Kilda last night and they are both very ordinary football teams, at the very least we should be able to knock both of them off.
Silvagni, Weitering and Polson all playing well in the Magoos so we should start to see some more competitive sides as the year goes on.
I'd be happy enough with 5 or 6 wins this year given our run with injury.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #98
Getting Marchbank back means we don't have to play O'Shea which would be a massive improvement.

Murphy in for Graham is another obvious improvement. Although Cripps won't be captain any more which will hurt.

Hopefully Silvagni gets back in a spot which gets him around the ball a bit more.

Reply #99
Willo for Mullet will be great too!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #100
I probably won't be popular for saying this but Weitering for Rowe will also be an upgrade, and maybe we should start thinking about life after Levi and run with Charlie and Harry.
Now for a small forward or two.  :P
Polson maybe, he's a terrier who's looking for a chance.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #101
Is there anything better than beating Essendon?

The excitement in our household was very high, apparently (I was out and had to watch later).

The intensity at the start was great and as others have stated we were able to increase it when needed.

While there is still plenty of room for improvement, it is fantastic to get a win on the board - just makes you feel a bit better.

How good was Kruez 2nd quarter, got a clearance into space, Kerridge (I think) couldn't quite get there, Goddard got the ball, but Kruez got im.  Love the big fella.

I don't really care about what other clubs' forum boards have although I had a quick squizz - the bombers are way worse than this forum - as are a couple of the facebook posts!

Go Blues.

Reply #102
Rowe & Weiterinng very different players, Rowe is the pillar , no coincidence Jones has rediscovered form since Rowe is back in the team

Reply #103
Rowe & Weiterinng very different players, Rowe is the pillar , no coincidence Jones has rediscovered form since Rowe is back in the team
Liam would be confident that Rowe has his back when he leaves his man/zone to intercept or spoil.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104
I saw a bit of Freo/St Kilda last night and they are both very ordinary football teams, at the very least we should be able to knock both of them off.
Silvagni, Weitering and Polson all playing well in the Magoos so we should start to see some more competitive sides as the year goes on.
I'd be happy enough with 5 or 6 wins this year given our run with injury.

Freo will be tough work IMO......Sandilands gives them 1st use and Fyfe is very hard to contain given his size and pace....

Stkilda have failed in their rebuild IMO and I expect Richardson to be under pressure to hold his job, very small kids and really lack leadership without Riewoldt....