Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 8: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 3291 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 8: Carlton vs Essendon

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

I'm hoping we can get my brain chemistry back to where it should be.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 8: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #1
That nobody wants to start after a win is surprising, but I may as well put my 2 cents worth in.

Team:   B
A win is a win, but there is still a LOT of improvement before I am satisfied with what I see. We need a lot more physicality and a lot more intensity from too many players to be really satisfied. But we did take a significant step forward today, and we did not fall down at the end.
But it is very nice to beat the Drug Cheats.

Votes:
I find this week difficult to give votes. We had a number of guys who had outstanding games, while we didn’t get much at all from others. Still, I have 15 votes, so I will dose them out as best I can. Just realize that pretty much every vote is really worth about 3 times what you see.

[3]   Ed Curnow
[2]   Patrick Cripps
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer
[2]   Dale Thomas
[1.5]   Kade Simpson
[1.5]   Zac Fisher
[1]   Sam Rowe
[0.5]   Sam Kerridge
[0.5]   Liam Jones
[0.5]   Jed Lamb
[0.5]   Charlie Curnow

Explanations:
[3]   Ed Curnow:   Ed had a brilliant game. He took out Zach Merrett, arguably Essendon’s most effective midfielder, while getting huge numbers of tackles and possessions himself. His 2 goals were magnificent! And a huge positive, his disposals were good value and not turnovers.
[2]   Patrick Cripps:   Even being tagged and scragged as he was, Paddy really stepped up and got about 20 contested possessions. As a captain he really led the way.
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer:   Kreuzer was well beaten in the ruck on the day: he managed only about 1/3 of the taps. But his 9 clearances and 18 contested possessions showed just how influential has was on the day. The Essendon rucks barely had a possession.
[2]   Dale Thomas:   In many ways this may have been his best game for Carlton. He had 14 marks and had great stats, while keeping his opponents very quiet. His disposals were also very good, much better than they were 2 years ago.
[1.5]   Kade Simpson:   Simmo racked them up again in a typical Simpson game. His run from defence was excellent and his disposal much more effective than it has been.
[1.5]   Zac Fisher:   Fish only managed 15 possessions, but what he did each time he got it was excellent. His tackling was good and ability to avoid opponents was excellent.
[1]   Sam Rowe:   Took on the Essendon tall forwards and did very well. A rock in defence and one of the more important inclusions in our recent improvement in form.
[0.5]   Sam Kerridge:   Like Fisher he probably didn’t get the ball enough, but when he did something happened. He took out his opponent well.
[0.5]   Liam Jones:   As the game wore on Jones got better and better. The Essendon tried to restrict his run at the ball, but he still worked through it.
[0.5]   Jed Lamb:   Had Goddard moved off him because he beat him in every contest. Not enough, but what he did was much improved.
[0.5]   Charlie Curnow:      9 possessions isn’t enough, but his marking and competing was very good. His ability to make a goal made him very dangerous.

Honourable Mentions:
Lachie O’Brien:   8 marks from O’Brien from 15 possessions. He beat his man and generally looked to be improving.
Paddy Dow:   Not enough possessions, but each one he had was excellent. His pressure in the centre was also much improved.
Matthew Wright:   Wright has had a poor year this year and has struggled to get a goal since Round 1. However, while he struggled forward he was much better up the ground and even ended up on McDonald-Tippunwuti for a while. His endeavour was excellent. He really wanted to win.
Aaron Mullett:   Mullett remains someone in our bottom 6, but he did his job well and managed a lot more possessions and effectiveness than his various opponents.
Harry McKay:   Not enough, but what he did caught the eye. His kicking was excellent and he was always a target.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Team B

[3]   Ed Curnow
[2]   Patrick Cripps
[2]   Matthew Kreuzer
[2]   Dale Thomas
[2]   Kade Simpson
[1]   Sam Kerridge
[1]   Liam Jones
[1]   Jed Lamb
[1]   Charlie Curnow

Reply #3
Team B+

4: Kruezer
3: E. Curnow
3: Cripps
2: Thomas
1: Wright
1: C. Curnow
1: Lamb

Reply #4
Team B
5 E Curnow
4 Kreuzer
3 Cripps
2 Lamb
1 Wright

Reply #5
Team B-

3 - Cripps

3 - Curnow E.

3 - Kreuzer

2 - Lamb

2 - Thomas

1 - Curnow C.

1 - Jones

HM: Kerridge, Wright.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Team b

Kreuzer 3
Ed Curnow 3
Sam Rowe 2
Jones 2
Cripps 2
Thomas 2
Lamb 1
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Team B+ (we only beat Essendon)

3. E Curnow
3. Kreuzer
3. Cripps
3. Simpson
3. Thomas

Reply #8
Team B

Curnow Ed 5
Kruezer 4
Cripps 2
Charlie 2
Thomas 2

Reply #9
B

5 E. Curnow
4 Thomas
3 Kreuzer
2 Cripps
1 Lamb
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Team B

[3]   Ed Curnow
[3]   Patrick Cripps
[3]   Matthew Kreuzer
[3]   Charlie Curnow
[2]   Dale Thomas
[1]   Jed Lamb

Reply #11
Team C

Much tougher this week - good even spread.
Ed C 3
Simpson 3
Cripps 3
Lamb 2
Thomas 2
Kruezer 1
Charlie C 1

Reply #12
Team. B

3. Ed Curnow
3. Kreuser
3. Thomas
2. Cripps
1. C Curnow
1. Lamb
1. Jones
1. Wright
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #13
Team B+

5. Ed Curnow
4. Cripps
3. Kreuzer
2. Thomas
1. C. Curnow

Reply #14
Team B