Skip to main content
Topic: Give Harry a go (Read 49199 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Harry a go

Reply #30
After 8 touches and no score in the ressies McKay won't be getting a game this week.
It's his third year and he must have had a pre-season to play both JLT games, he'll need to start showing something sooner rather than later.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #31
Harry needs to show consistent good form in the Magoos, form that demands promotion.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32
Agreed on McKay.   Of all the write ups expect Cunningham to come in.

Very encouraging.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
How would ASOS go as a forward? Has some speed, good strength and a competitor.

Reply #34
Not this week barbs, slight Hammy apparently

Reply #36
Casboult had zero possessions in the first quarter. ZERO. You're the one that needs to come back to reality.

Levi came into the game half way through the 3rd term when he went full time into the ruck while Kreuzer was injured.

Just to remind you of your original comment:

Casboult had one disposal inside 50, Rance gave him a bath.

I have now watched the second quarter replay.

A kick inside 50 to Casboult and Rance results in the ball going out of bounds - no mark to Rance.

Casboult gets a boundary throw in hitout.

Casboult has a very soft free kick awarded against him.

Casboult brings the ball down in a marking contest, receives a handpass but has his kick smothered.

Casboult gathers a loose ball but is tackled.

Casboult wins a centre bounce.

Rance spoils Silvagni.

Casboult wins three consecutive boundary throw ins.

Rance spoils Casboult but it was arguably a free to Casboult,

Casboult brings the ball down to E Curnow.

Rance intercepts a pass to Casboult.

Casboult brings the ball down to Silvagni but Richmond rush a behind.

Rance marks a short kick in and gets his first kick for the quarter.

I'm more than happy to move on to the third quarter MBB but I'm yet to see any evidence of Rance giving anyone a bath.  So far, the All Australian defender and captain has had a very ordinary game against Casboult and Silvagni; two players who some supporters reckon had shockers. 

I know that spectators see things differently but you'd have to be dreaming if you think that Rance gave Casboult a bath.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
I guess so, don’t see him as a defensive forward myself. I think we need to develop young talent there (and all over) and only revert to the acos types when desperate

Reply #38
Casboult has now had 2 disposals in a half. Keep going DJC, awesome work.

The good part will be when Levi actually starts to get a few touches when Rance isn't his opponent. Sorry for the spoilers.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
Patrick Kerr
Stats: 9 disposals, 6 marks (3 inside 50), 2 goals
From the coach: It was an encouraging game from Patty: his work-rate was high, he took a nice contested mark and got his hands to a few other opportunities while kicking two goals. His game is starting to round off well.

I like what I see of Kerr, decent size and has some good skills...neither him or Harry are tearing it up but Kerr might be one if he can get a few games might fastrack his game a bit quicker.
Did see him ruck a bit when we got injuries last season and he competed ok...

Yes, I read the wrong thing. It was 9. Cunningham was the one with 23. Oops.

Kerr's just starting his 2nd year. I was very impressed last year.

Reply #40
Casboult has now had 2 disposals in a half. Keep going DJC, awesome work.

The good part will be when Levi actually starts to get a few touches when Rance isn't his opponent. Sorry for the spoilers.

So far Rance has had two marks, three kicks and two handpasses, and one of those resulted in a goal to us.

Casboult has had 10 hitouts and has brought the ball to ground in our forward line on four occasions.

I suspect that Rance will accumulate most of his possessions when Casboult spends more time in the ruck, but don't let that spoil your adoration for blokes who play for other teams MBB. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
I think it is too hard to judge a forward's form based on VFL - different level of footy with average delivery played on windswept, smaller ovals.

I think Harry and Levi need each other.  They will provide options and will make the long inside 50 approach less obvious.  And it will also mean that our forward line won't be completely toothless when Levi does his share of the rucking.  Charlie will be up forward on occasion, but I think he is destined to spend more time further up the field.

Levi has spent most of his career as the only marking option in the forward 50, and has generally had to deal with 2 or 3 defenders each time, because they all knew that was where the ball was going.  My one fervent hope is that he can put together 2 or 3 'Earl Spalding' years and give our younger forwards the time to develop.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #44
I think it is too hard to judge a forward's form based on VFL - different level of footy with average delivery played on windswept, smaller ovals.

I think Harry and Levi need each other.  They will provide options and will make the long inside 50 approach less obvious.  And it will also mean that our forward line won't be completely toothless when Levi does his share of the rucking.  Charlie will be up forward on occasion, but I think he is destined to spend more time further up the field.

Levi has spent most of his career as the only marking option in the forward 50, and has generally had to deal with 2 or 3 defenders each time, because they all knew that was where the ball was going.  My one fervent hope is that he can put together 2 or 3 'Earl Spalding' years and give our younger forwards the time to develop.

Stop posting rational assessments Tonyo; it upsets those who, for whatever reason, are unhappy when our team does OK.