Skip to main content
Topic: Give Harry a go (Read 49444 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Harry a go

Reply #45

Casboult has a very soft free kick awarded against him.

Which seems to be a pattern with Levi, as of today his free count stands at 67 for and 95 against.
People have been known to compare Levi with Tom Hawkins on this board, as of today Hawkins' free count stands at 212 for and 206 against, Jack Riewoldt's is 222 for and 209 against, Josh Kennedy is going at 234 for and 216 against.
Logically a key forward should receive more frees than he concedes, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Levi.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46
Logically a key forward should receive more frees than he concedes, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Levi.

He doesn't take front position, most of the frees forwards get, or rucks floating forward, come from over the shoulder high contact or out of position defenders holding.

You don't get them when you jump from the side or behind.

You must do the hard stuff to be rewarded.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
He doesn't take front position,

And let's face it he's a bit clumsy.
He'll get his name on a locker at Princes Park anyway so good on him, it's more than I've done.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #48
And let's face it he's a bit clumsy.
He'll get his name on a locker at Princes Park anyway so good on him, it's more than I've done.

Agreed.

He's a Carlton man who is about to play a hundred games, he has worked hard to improve and I think he's getting the best out of himself that he can.

That is all we can ask until from any individual.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
Agreed.

He's a Carlton man who is about to play a hundred games, he has and worked hard to improve and I think he's getting the best out of himself that he can.

That is all we can ask until from any individual.

Absolutely!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50
So far Rance has had two marks, three kicks and two handpasses, and one of those resulted in a goal to us.

Casboult has had 10 hitouts and has brought the ball to ground in our forward line on four occasions.

I suspect that Rance will accumulate most of his possessions when Casboult spends more time in the ruck, but don't let that spoil your adoration for blokes who play for other teams MBB.

SOS had 8 disposals in the 95 Grand Final. Ablett must have done a great job according to you.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #51
Harry should get a game or 2, VFL form is far from convincing one way or another.

Delivery would be substandard.
Grounds are substandard.
even the amount of develivery could be substandard.

Get him in the 1's, give him at least a couple of weeks and reassess.

As for Patty Kerr, if he is up and about, he could replace Jack. Similar players IMO.

Reply #52
Harry should get a game or 2, VFL form is far from convincing one way or another.

Delivery would be substandard.
Grounds are substandard.
even the amount of develivery could be substandard.

Get him in the 1's, give him at least a couple of weeks and reassess.

As for Patty Kerr, if he is up and about, he could replace Jack. Similar players IMO.

Tend to agree. We have to try and press on with him and give him a go when a spot is available.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
If we use that criteria though ...everyone should get a game.
In his senior appearances so far Harry has shown glimpses but only glimpses.

If Kreuzer doesn't come up maybe he gets a chance...otherwise he stays in the VFL

Reply #54
Would feel a bit like clutching at straws to give Harry a game based on his exposed form. Hope he has a couple of good games in the vfl, then bring him in

Reply #55

If Kreuzer doesn't come up maybe he gets a chance...otherwise he stays in the VFL

If Kreuz and Levi are available then fair comment - but I would give Harry a go if either were not available.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56

Its from a team need point of view.

SPS last year played R1 but he hadn't played a JLT game and obviously had no other exposed form to go by being a new draftee. He played...and played and played. It worked. He was required due to a shortage of mids who could play.

We have a shortage of key forwards who can hit the scoreboard. What have we got to lose? A game?

Reply #57
Its from a team need point of view.

SPS last year played R1 but he hadn't played a JLT game and obviously had no other exposed form to go by being a new draftee. He played...and played and played. It worked. He was required due to a shortage of mids who could play.

We have a shortage of key forwards who can hit the scoreboard. What have we got to lose? A game?

SPS was our round one draft pick...he didn't play JLT last year because he was injured.
McKay has played seniors...he wasn't considered up to a round one spot.
He may get a game but it will probably be due to an injury.
Hopefully he grabs his chance.

Reply #58
Is anyone else getting a slightly uneasy feeling that McKay might be the new Kristian Jaksch ? I know it's early days, but all the talk worries me a little.......

Reply #59
Is anyone else getting a slightly uneasy feeling that McKay might be the new Kristian Jaksch ? I know it's early days, but all the talk worries me a little.......

I'm not overly concerned yet as big KPP's often take a while...but it would have been nice to see him demanding a spot first up.
Hopefully we'll look back at the end of the season and there will be a handy 20-25 goal haul alongside his name.