Skip to main content
Topic: Give Harry a go (Read 49450 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Harry a go

Reply #60
I'm not overly concerned yet as big KPP's often take a while...but it would have been nice to see him demanding a spot first up.
Hopefully we'll look back at the end of the season and there will be a handy 20-25 goal haul alongside his name.

I hope you're right. When you've been burnt by Watson (lack of intensity), Jaksch (lack of intensity), McKay (maybe lack of intensity), one may be excused for feeling a little jumpy.

Reply #61
Is anyone else getting a slightly uneasy feeling that McKay might be the new Kristian Jaksch ? I know it's early days, but all the talk worries me a little.......

McKay has at least had stress fractures which shows he's putting the work in.

The others never even broke a fingernail (openly) and had all had serious doubts over their ability to "make it" unlike harry.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #62
I hope you're right. When you've been burnt by Watson (lack of intensity), Jaksch (lack of intensity), McKay (maybe lack of intensity), one may be excused for feeling a little jumpy.

I've been known to jump early sometiimes, but fecking shizen hell where did that sh1te come from?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Is anyone else getting a slightly uneasy feeling that McKay might be the new Kristian Jaksch ? I know it's early days, but all the talk worries me a little.......

Well I'll certainly be very happy to see Harry starting to show something but it's very early days and your unease is likely a bit premature imo. We are probably a bit haunted by some of our previous disappointments with KPFs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #64

Bit of pressure on Harry to be the KP Forward messiah, he has a laconic style that makes him look a bit lacking in intensity but he reminds me a lot of Travis Cloke who had a similar look
and copped it from Pies fans. I think Harry has the goods to be a important player for us but its a waiting game and like Cloke, Joe Daniher etc it probably takes 3 years plus before they start delivering and remembering Harry's first season was a write off...

Reply #65
Hmm, perhaps you blokes are right. I was hoping to see more of him than I currently have. I'm still in favour of giving him a block of games in the seniors just to see how he goes. His form in the 2's, from what I read on here, has not been that great. Maybe he just needs a jump start, or maybe he's one of those players that just plays better in the 1's. Either way, we're not learning anything much keeping him in the ressies.

Reply #66
I'm not overly concerned yet as big KPP's often take a while...but it would have been nice to see him demanding a spot first up.
Hopefully we'll look back at the end of the season and there will be a handy 20-25 goal haul alongside his name.

I'm not too worried about Harry either yet.

It may be 2019 before he really starts to fire. A season in the VFL won't hurt him
 anyway.
Maybe a few games towards the end of the season. Specially if we are not in finals contention.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #67
I'm not too worried about Harry either yet.

It may be 2019 before he really starts to fire. A season in the VFL won't hurt him
 anyway.
Maybe a few games towards the end of the season. Specially if we are not in finals contention.

Agreed.

All these 200cm types are typically 23 or 24 before they fire up.

Even "Superstars" like Lynch, people seem to talk about him like he's only been around 3 or 4 years, but it was 3 or 4 years before most even noticed him and he's in his 8th season now! :o

Why would Carlton fans bitch about McKay who because of injury is effectively in his 2nd season?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Agreed.

All these 200cm types are typically 23 or 24 before they fire up.

Even "Superstars" like Lynch, people seem to talk about him like he's only been around 3 or 4 years, but it was 3 or 4 years before most even noticed him and he's in his 8th season now! :o

Why would Carlton fans bitch about McKay who because of injury is effectively in his 2nd season?

Yep. Spot on.

Time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Yep. Spot on.

Time.

Same applies to Weitering and SoJ doesn't it!

The Flubbo article he wrote about SoJ the other day was some real sh1te stirring, what a piece of work Flubbo is! Must have had a bad day, perhaps he woke up to find his "special picture" of Hird had been crushed during his sleep!

Mind you the content wasn't as bad as the headline and he might not be responsible for the headline, but feck it he's got form like David Warner!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Not this week.

Reply #72
Not even an emergency, yet young Tom De Koning is.  :-\

AFL website says TDK, our website say H  ??? ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #73
As I mentioned in the pre-match...I think AFL.com is wrong and Harry is a club emergency (cover for Kreuzer)

Reply #74

Lynch played 30 games in his first two seasons, he debuted at eighteen and a half.
The old big blokes take longer line is a bit of a crock in my opinion, the good ones are up and about early on. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.