Skip to main content
Topic: Who of today’s 22 is playing their last game for the club.  (Read 14787 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who of today’s 22 is playing their last game for the club.

Reply #31
Jack Silvagni might struggle for a game next year as well, he showed promise early on but he's flatlined, doesn't get much of the ball, lacks a yard of pace and his foot skills are nothing special.
Hopefully Ben is a better player.

This is the awkward elephant in the room...

Does Jack deliver enough for SOS to suggest going back to the Silvagni family well...??
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #32

Does Jack deliver enough for SOS to suggest going back to the Silvagni family well...??

The rumor is BSoS is more athletically gifted than SoJ, but nowhere near as driven to be an AFL player.

Not sure he'll get picked up by anyone let alone Carlton under the F&S!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
The rumor is BSoS is more athletically gifted than SoJ, but nowhere near as driven to be an AFL player.

Not sure he'll get picked up by anyone let alone Carlton under the F&S!

Back half off the draft or rookie pick.....same for Will Hickmott IMO....
Ben can take a big mark but is miles off in terms of the defensive areas of the game, 2nd efforts etc and will take time....been played down back off late and I think thats more about
trying to learn the defensive side of the game overall than just be a key defender.

I'll guess and say a Patty Kerr type pick around 60 plus.......Hickmott IMO is a better player at this stage and I'd prefer him over Ben given the choice.....

Reply #34
It will be hard for SOS and the family....but unless they've been flying him under the radar big time it has to be "Pass" on Ben. :(

Reply #35
It will be hard for SOS and the family....but unless they've been flying him under the radar big time it has to be "Pass" on Ben. :(

Think it's pretty clear what we're doing. ;D
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #36

There was no under the radar for BSoS, Luke Hodge was one of his school coaches and gave him a big wrap a year or so back telling the Dawks that Ben was one to watch! If we take him it's probably the right decision because I think he's been heavily scrutinised, even more than his older brother!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
There was no under the radar for BSoS, Luke Hodge was one of his school coaches and gave him a big wrap a year or so back telling the Dawks that Ben was one to watch! If we take him it's probably the right decision because I think he's been heavily scrutinised, even more than his older brother!

Think we will take him...the backlash if succeeds at another club ie Essendon will be far worse than if we take him and he fails.....

Reply #38
Think we will take him...the backlash if succeeds at another club ie Essendon will be far worse than if we take him and he fails.....

The sad thing for me EB1 is that I know kids who I thought were better footballers, more aggressive and talented, who got cut because they didn't have the name!

It's a real problem at TAC Cup Dev level now, there are far too many past players pushing their kids up the system, it's all because there is too much money at stake now! The AFL almost needs to setup an independent arbiter to make sure the TAC Cup process isn't corrupted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39

Wont be SOS's decision. The Club will make that decision independent of SOS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40

What would Jack's form have to do with a decision to recruit Ben? As far as I know he's an entirely different person.

Reply #41
What would Jack's form have to do with a decision to recruit Ben? As far as I know he's an entirely different person.

What a ridiculous statement. Nathan Ablett is still on Geelong's list isn't he?

Reply #42
What a ridiculous statement. Nathan Ablett is still on Geelong's list isn't he?

Didn't he kick 5 in a final?

Seriously if you think Jack playing well means Ben will get a spot you're kidding yourself.

Reply #44
Wont be SOS's decision. The Club will make that decision independent of SOS.

The grandfather and the father were champions, one, if not all the grandsons maybe as well.
Jack has been moved around each game because the team is rubbish. He needs time to settle in a position. This year he is surrounded by inexperienced and many players who should not be playing.
Just had a look at his stats compared with Jack Gunston at the same age (2012) on Footywire, he's not far off what Gunston was getting and Gunston was playing in a side that finished second on the ladder and he was surrounded by champions of the game. Gunston never had to play in a team that was getting thrashed each week plus having the expectations of supporters weighing heavily on his shoulders.
I'm not saying he will be as good as Gunston, just comparing.
Give him a better side to play in and give him time.