Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 26121 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #120
We try use the corridor a lot and get burnt on the turnover.

I don't think it's fair to blame an under siege backline.

Sorry, I wasn't blaming them any more than the mids and sure, when the turnovers occur in midfield, the defence has no chance!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #121
We try use the corridor a lot and get burnt on the turnover.

I don't think it's fair to blame an under siege backline.

Can't blame them for the way the footy enters, the lack of numbers, or for being outnumbered.

But there are a couple of recidivist types on our HBF who make sure often when they exit D50 the pill comes back at high velocity with gravy on it! ;)

Sorry, I wasn't blaming them any more than the mids and sure, when the turnovers occur in midfield, the defence has no chance!

They have no chance if they have charged off up the field only to kick it straight to an unmarked opponent for a rebound! :o

When a defender offloads the ball, the only thing he should worry about is that it isn't coming straight back! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-17/im-embarrassed-says-roos

I've posted this before, but I think it's a timely reminder of how far we have to go. IMO, we are where the Dees were at the end of 2014. And Bolton's words would almost be a carbon copy of Roos'.

Reply #123

I've posted this before, but I think it's a timely reminder of how far we have to go. IMO, we are where the Dees were at the end of 2014. And Bolton's words would almost be a carbon copy of Roos'.

Not a valid comparison - they didn't have the level of injuries we had this year - Docherty especially - and they won't be making the acquisitions we will....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #124
Not a valid comparison - they didn't have the level of injuries we had this year - Docherty especially - and they won't be making the acquisitions we will....

Did you watch the whole video ?

Reply #125

Melbourne win 10 games in Roos 3rd year of his rebuild. After last year that's where I thought we would be at given that while we won 6 games we led 7 times in last qtrs and lost. I'd been happy with 6 given our injuries but more importantly, see things like a better structure and game plan. Like to have seen much quicker and better movement of the ball to set up our two very good young key forwards. If I saw that then I believe we were on the right path. Saw something that wasn't even close, outside of round 1, which was exciting.

Reply #126
Melbourne win 10 games in Roos 3rd year of his rebuild. After last year that's where I thought we would be at given that while we won 6 games we led 7 times in last qtrs and lost. I'd been happy with 6 given our injuries but more importantly, see things like a better structure and game plan. Like to have seen much quicker and better movement of the ball to set up our two very good young key forwards. If I saw that then I believe we were on the right path. Saw something that wasn't even close, outside of round 1, which was exciting.

In 1903 Melbourne won the first 3 games of the year, then lost two before winning 9 of their last 13 on their way to winning the 1956 premiership, so that’s how we SHOULD be progressing too !
I don’t care how many injuries we have, I WANT TO WIN/LOSS OF 50.7%  MINIMUM !!!
Anything else is unacceptable !!!

Jim, where you or I “thought” we’d be or how many W/L we’d have is irrelevant, sadly.

Let’s go BIG !

Reply #127
In 1903 Melbourne won the first 3 games of the year, then lost two before winning 9 of their last 13 on their way to winning the 1956 premiership, so that’s how we SHOULD be progressing too !
I don’t care how many injuries we have, I WANT TO WIN/LOSS OF 50.7%  MINIMUM !!!
Anything else is unacceptable !!!

Jim, where you or I “thought” we’d be or how many W/L we’d have is irrelevant, sadly.

I answered this one half pissed in Alicante and totally misread the post. So I deleted what I wrote...lol!!!

Moral of the story, never drink and post, you might spill your drink not concentrating......haha.

Reply #128
Can't blame them for the way the footy enters, the lack of numbers, or for being outnumbered.

But there are a couple of recidivist types on our HBF who make sure often when they exit D50 the pill comes back at high velocity with gravy on it! ;)
I think they get into panic mode and then just launch it at whichever target they see first, and often miss what they were aiming for anyway.

They have no chance if they have charged off up the field only to kick it straight to an unmarked opponent for a rebound! :o

When a defender offloads the ball, the only thing he should worry about is that it isn't coming straight back! ;)

Its hard.  ive seen us try to create so much off half back, only to stuff up the forward entry and then cop it on the rebound as the team is caught transitioning from defense to offense, that I find it difficult to pinpoint where the issue was.  I also often see some really bullcrape free kicks paid in these situations against us, to ensure the turnover occurs.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #129
I think they get into panic mode and then just launch it at whichever target they see first, and often miss what they were aiming for anyway.

Its hard.  ive seen us try to create so much off half back, only to stuff up the forward entry and then cop it on the rebound as the team is caught transitioning from defense to offense, that I find it difficult to pinpoint where the issue was.  I also often see some really bullcrape free kicks paid in these situations against us, to ensure the turnover occurs.
This has been going for the last 15 years, over and over again.  ::) ::) ::) >:( >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #130

????????
Enjoy the peace and quiet of Europe Jim ????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #131

????????
Enjoy the peace and quiet of Europe Jim ????????

Thanks for that NB!

Just come back from climbing to Santa Barbara Castle in Alicante in 30 Dec, 85% humidity. So recovery now then the bar force long stint.....lol.

Reply #132
Please keep posting so we can live vicariously through your European experiences!

Where else are you going?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?