Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 25932 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
I hope he comes good but he is very loose as a defender and about as physical as our skipper

Obrien got a bit of ball but I think he had Atkins who chopped us up with three goals, he definitely does need to
work on his defensive game.
Both Murphy and Simpson were under whelming in their physicality tonight....and Murphys kicking was terrible...

Reply #16
It's his first year and he still looks a bit uncomfortable against big bodied men in my opinion, but he shows enough ability to be confident about his future.

Yes, like O'brien we saw De Koning tonight against the Crows who are a big bodied team, our kids need time whether they are mids or talls!

Polson might make it, I doubt that Silvagni will.

I think they can both have a role, I just doubt SoJ will ever be fairly appraised!

Long term I see SoJ as a natural replacement for the Daisy type role!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Yes, like O'brien we saw De Koning tonight against the Crows who are a big bodied team, our kids need time whether they are mids or talls!

I think they can both have a role, I just doubt SoJ will ever be fairly appraised!

Long term I see SoJ as a natural replacement for the Daisy type role!

Thomas gets lots more of the ball, is quicker and has better skills, even though he's past his best he's still a much better footballer than Jack.
I hope he makes it but it's his third year now and he's fully fit, it's not looking good.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
You bring McGovern and Fasalo in and thats Jack done down forward......our midfield is already slow...IMO Jack needs to make it as a half back or he will be struggling for a game and spend a lot of time in the NB's as that reserve type utility without a permanent role...
12 possies tonight and one tackle....playing down back tonight he would have had a fair opportunity to lay a few tackles, he either needs to work harder or get to more contests by getting quicker...needs a big pre season of sprint work.

Reply #20
Not ahead of Byrne, Williamson or Docherty.

Byrne gets injured a lot, Williamson is a fav player of mine but we need to see how he comes up after his back issues.....Docherty would take the small flankers where
I would see Jack taking the taller types. I do agree he has a few in front of him though and needs to improve most aspects of his game...

Reply #21
Byrne gets injured a lot, Williamson is a fav player of mine but we need to see how he comes up after his back issues.....Docherty would take the small flankers where
I would see Jack taking the taller types. I do agree he has a few in front of him though and needs to improve most aspects of his game...

I think one of his problems is that he is yet to convince himself that he belongs. The only real sign of him being assertive was when he took that mark in the last quarter. 

Reply #22
Weiters looked like he was back to some good form. Then... as per the 2018 tale of the CFC, he got injured :-\
C'est la vie ???

H made a real pest of himself with some beautiful leads and marks, and a couple of goals to boot.
Polson's pressure was exciting and paid dividends tonight. 

Byrne gave us the speed and accuracy we so lacked. He's going to be a real asset if he can stay fit.
Jack's mark was a beauty and Lobbe often got the better of big Sauce.

The biggest highlight reel tonight was our very own Crippa. Congratulations son. What an outstanding year you've had. Relieving Dangerfield of the CP record is a fitting end to a stellar season in a season we all want to forget. Take a bow Crippa????????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
I think one of his problems is that he is yet to convince himself that he belongs. The only real sign of him being assertive was when he took that mark in the last quarter.

Fair points TC.....he cant seem to find a position to call his own and you are right he probably has a few self doubts if he does belong...carrying a fair weight with the Silvagni name too.
Maybe when his brother Ben arrives that burden may halve and he might improve....

Reply #24
Weiters looked like he was back to some good form. Then... as per the 2018 tale of the CFC, he got injured :-\
C'est la vie ???

H made a real pest of himself with some beautiful leads and marks, and a couple of goals to boot.
Polson's pressure was exciting and paid dividends tonight. 

Byrne gave us the speed and accuracy we so lacked. He's going to be a real asset if he can stay fit.
Jack's mark was a beauty and Lobbe often got the better of big Sauce.

The biggest highlight reel tonight was our very own Crippa. Congratulations son. What an outstanding year you've had. Relieving Dangerfield of the CP record is a fitting end to a stellar season in a season we all want to forget. Take a bow Crippa????????
24 contested possessions with what seemed to be a busted ankle. What a beast.

Reply #25
We were told this started as a 66 game rebuild. Wonder how that's going.

Just a disgrace.

Reply #26
That was a tough game to watch live - the stupid crows cheer squad have some grown man making crow noises after their goals - highly irritating!

Thought Weiters looked great before the injury, Polson  works his arse off and I was happy he got some rewards.

Byrne I love.

Stupid errors mainly by Ed, wtf was going on there today? Daisy Murph and Simmo too, just really annoying.

H, I feel so confident when he’s going for goal, which is a bloody nice change!

I really love Samo and he gets to lots of contests, he doesn’t stop running, but I didn’t see much pressure applied :(

crap end to a crap year.

Oh and Eddie Betts class went to the Carlton cheer squad after the game ????????????????

Reply #27
We were told this started as a 66 game rebuild. Wonder how that's going.

Just a disgrace.

Coaching very average tonight Jim...Laird allowed to sit off the play on his own and rack up the possies.....coaching box needs a shakeup..

Reply #28
Coaching very average tonight Jim...Laird allowed to sit off the play on his own and rack up the possies.....coaching box needs a shakeup..

That was a disgraceful and quite frankly 'disrespectful' performance by those 21 players out there tonight.   They should be ashamed of themselves.  2 wins for the damn year, and they toss that up at the supporters who actually bothered to go and watch them.  Bolton should be removed now after 3 100 point defeats in 8 weeks.  We need a new coach to take us into a preseason. 

Reply #29
Just found we won the inside 50s 61-54. In what football universe does that happens and you lose by 100pts. That is the poorest form of coaching imaginable. Injuries cant excuse that as we're good enough to at least get it and kick it in there.but have such a poor system, plan etc that we are getting zero from it.and getting slammed on the rebound. Playing modern footy is something we don't have a clue about.