Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 AFL Fixture (Read 14888 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 AFL Fixture

Reply #15
Still don't see why cheats FC gets so much prime time exposure.   Some heat should be applied to Travis Auld....i smell a conflict of interest.

The fixturing prosses is as bent as a pollie's pre-selection.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
Twilight Games suck, pure and simple, sponsors have no interest in clubs stuck in the twilight zone!

I don't attend those, bad time of day for me. Foxtel again beckons.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Still don't see why cheats FC gets so much prime time exposure.   Some heat should be applied to Travis Auld....i smell a conflict of interest.

Yep. Nine bob notes all round!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
I don't attend those, bad time of day for me. Foxtel again beckons.

It's the worst possible scenario for any club trying to build membership and income, the AFL version of Death Valley!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
It's the worst possible scenario for any club trying to build membership and income, the AFL version of Death Valley!

I can take the kids to more games which is great but this is a commercial disaster for the club. Sponsorship revenue will be decimated with no night games on TV. Funny how the AFL financially cripples the clubs already in trouble (the ones further down the ladder) with no financial plan in place to compensate them.

Reply #20
Crap draw.... For sponsors.  Puts pressure on our finances.

Crap draw.... Chances of early wins slim.   Puts pressure on the club,  especially Bolton.

I get the feeling we're being set up to quietly fail,  before the send 'em to X chorus starts up.

If there is a god we will bitch slap the tigers week one,  but we're living a nightmare not a dream.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
That looks like a pretty good fixture to me; I'll get to a lot more games in 2019  :)

The family friendly time slots should encourage younger family members to get on board - provided we're competitive and knock off a few of our main competitors.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
I'm happy, I don't like night games as I don't get home until well after midnight, although I understand they are good for the club financially. I will be happy if we win somes games, no matter what time or day

Reply #23

CheatsFC people are already in the media making statements like the Good Friday schedule will take 2 or 3 years to develop. That is the very same tactic they used to secure Anzac Day, first is was argued to "Give it some time to develop" and then it can be rostered around different clubs. Sheedy painted it like CheatsFC and the Filth doing all the hard work and taking on all the risk for the good of footy! Then after two or three years the argument became "We've done such a good job developing the schedule, you can't possibly risk giving it to anybody else!"

Now whenever something like this comes up a tool like Sheedy will come out and state, "How can you risk giving it to anybody else, we(CheatsFC) have a proven track record of making these things work!" Carefully not mentioning that no other club gets the opportunity, and even if they do CheatsFC will white-ant them at every stage of the process!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Champion data rates Richmond's draw easier than ours.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
You know you've come off a bad year when you look at the fixture and you wonder where the first win will come from.  Even GCS up there early in the year will be a tough gig.

I really hope for everyone's sake (especially BB) that we don't take until round 8 to get a win next season....... 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #27
Round 8 is against the filth, so unlikely. Round 10 against St Kilda is a chance

Reply #28
You know you've come off a bad year when you look at the fixture and you wonder where the first win will come from.  Even GCS up there early in the year will be a tough gig.

I really hope for everyone's sake (especially BB) that we don't take until round 8 to get a win next season.......

One coach will be in trouble if we do.

Reply #29

Not if you start winning or at least are dangerous and highly competitive.

Nothing but 6 and 7 day breaks will help.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17